the download from
java.com which installs in
/library/internet plug-ins is only the jre, for development you probably want to download the jdk from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html and install that instead. this will install the jdk at
/library/java/javavirtualmachines/jdk1.7.0_<something>.jdk/contents/home which you can then add to eclipse via preferences -> java -> installed jres.
you need to tell eclipse which jdk/jre's you have installed and where they are located.
this is somewhat burried in the eclipse preferences: in the window-menu select "preferences". in the preferences tree, open the node "java" and select "installed jre's". then click on the "add"-button in the panel and select "standard vm", "next" and for "jre home" click on the "directory"-button and select the top level folder of the jdk you want to add.
its easier than the description may make it look.
try editing your eclipse.ini file and add the following at the top
of course the path may be slightly different, looks like i have an older version...
i'm not sure if it will add itself automatically. if not go into
preferences --> java --> installed jres
click add and follow the instructions there to add it
- How to install JRE 1.7 on Mac OS X and use it with Eclipse?
- How to install AdoptOpenJDK 8 and 11 parallel to Oracle JDK 8 and use both with Eclipse
- How to update Pandas from Anaconda and is it possible to use eclipse with this last
- How do I use Eclipse Refactoring Tools and stay in sync with SVN through Subclipse?
- How Can I Tell Eclipse to Compile and Build a Project with a Different JRE Version than it Normally Does?
- How to use scope "test" and junit correctly with maven and eclipse
- How to install XDebug with Eclipse PDT and XAMPP
- How can use mingw-w64 and MSYS2 with any IDE like eclipse or codeblocks?
- How to install and use gerrit with eclipse?
- How to install jetty with eclipse on Mac
- How to copy Eclipse app with it's all projects and space from one Mac into another?
- How do I install ANTLR IDE with Eclipse Juno and PDT (PHP)
- How to use default values with Lombok and Eclipse save actions
- How to use proguard with Eclipse and Debug mode?
- How to install TBB on Windows and get it work with Eclipse
- LuaSocket in Windows - How to install and use it in an Eclipse Project
- How to use TortoiseSVN and Subversive Eclipse plugin with same files in filesystem?
- How to create a DLL and use it with Eclipse for C
- How to use "R Graph Builder" and "R Graphics" view with StatEt Eclipse Plugin?
- How to use karel.jar in eclipse without installing the Stanford version of eclipse and with JRE7?
- How to install c and c++ compilers from Unix command line and then use with Eclipse?
- How to use the eclipse Hibernate Tools with grails and MySQL
- How can I use JRE 1.8 with Eclipse Neon?
- how to understand and use spring fuse with eclipse IDE?
- How to install OAuth (e.g. apache oltu) in order to use an API with Eclipse for Java
- How to use Eclipse and Java for Mac 10.8.1
- How to use robot framework with python in eclipse and How to run the Robot framework tests in eclipse using python interpreters?
- What causes imported Maven project in Eclipse to use Java 1.5 instead of Java 1.6 by default and how can I ensure it doesn't?
- How to use Tomcat 8.5.x and TomEE 7.x with Eclipse?
- How do I install Eclipse with C++ in Ubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal)?
More Query from same tag
- Google Map V2 shows blank screen when downloaded from google play store
- The program can't start because cygwin1.dll is missing... in Eclipse CDT
- Eclipse does not restart in Ubuntu
- Move console and logcat view to bottom
- Avoiding Eclipse Errors When Decompiling Android APK
- How to save form data into database in android sdk
- Run Eclipse project on a remote machine
- Giving the war from local system rather than from Maven repo
- The method given() is undefined for the type PendingTransactionsTest
- Info about version dependancies of enterprise java libraries
- Is there any way to execute many maven build one after the other in Eclipse?
- Why Ecplise is not opening on Linux Mint?
- Should I put Eclipse settings and .project file to SCM when using Maven?
- Eclipse plugin: How to add items to a TableViewer asynchronously?
- How to use shared preference in tabhost on android/eclipse
- Eclipse - GWT - Java - MySQL - how to catch an exception correctly
- Unable to resolve errors in maven project eclipse photon
- Unable to access java web application with windows server static ip
- Get upload filename in eclipse using servlet
- Eclipse ADT plugin graphical layout: how to show grid lines
- Eclipse Juno - Subversive SVN - Connection Timeout - Sorry, this connection is closed
- how to post a photo from android to the cloud and grab its url alter?
- Error when running a bpel process in ode
- The project was not built due to "Could not delete 'project/bin/classes/com',"
- How do I build my project in eclipse? (from within the text editor)
- Create executable JAR from classes and images using Eclipse
- Imported JSF project is missing user library JARs
- Why eclipse doesn't see implemented interfaces?
- How do I import a folder with several .cpp source files, each with a main() definition, into an Eclipse project?
- Is there any way of configuring Eclipse IDE proxy settings via an autoproxy configuration script?