i tried recursively deleting all
lock files, but that just resulted the error "path is not a working copy". i ended up having to do team->disconnect and then team->share. upon reconnect, it complained about existing
.svn files, which it deleted. now it seems to be working.
i spent hours looking for a solution to the "attempted to lock an already-locked dir" error i was receiving in ibm rad. finally, i guessed to type:
unlock <directory path>
in the rad console and... volia i could finally syncronize my files!!
go to the metadata directory as below
inside this metada directory, there will be a lock file. delete this lock file.
restart eclipse and rebuild project. it worked for me !
i solved a similar problem. svn client gave me an error:
"svn: e200002: failed to create new lock."
i tried everything including "cleanup" and "still lock" but with no success. then i solved the problem simply, i went to my svn server and deleted the locks folder:
it turned out that there are broken files in it.
refresh/cleanup did not work for me. what worked:
1) file -> switch workspace - choose a different workspace
2) afterwards switch back to the original workspace
we don't have an external svn server. i was working on a pc with windows 7 enterprise, and i was using eclipse subversion plugin as an svn client. the problem in my case occurred when the commit of a file took to much time due to network problem that forced me to restart my pc.
after the restart i started getting this error: xxx file already locked.
the solution was to install (tortoisesvn), right click on the svn project folder --> tortoisesvn --> cleanup.
i hope that this post would be a help to someone.
use tortoise svn to cleanup with 'break write locks' option checked
svn help unlock
and find locker after all - lock isn't needed in most cases
i have faced same problem. i solved this by right click on project --->team----> refresh/cleanup
old question, but none of the above solutions worked for me. what did work was to close eclipse, then using tortoise, right click on the project in windows explorer and choose 'tortoisesvn' -> 'clean up', then just use the default checkboxed items (clean up working copy status, include externals), then hit ok.
this cleaned up the folder, then i was able to update and commit files as normal.
using svn 1.8, deleting lock file does not help (lock file does not exists).
refresh/cleanup did not solve either.
what did solve:
1) backup your directory, just incase...
2) team... disconnect. choose to remove .svn files
3) add it again to svn.
note: in my case, error was due to loss of network connection during initial commit.
we had the same repeating problem. it's a disaster. what can you do if cleanup and unlock does not help because there is no existing lock?
- search the hidden
.svnfolder in your directory structure. it contains a
wc.dbfile which is an sql lite file.
- open it with an sql client, e.g. dbeaver. add an sql lite connection to the dbeaver by selecting the
- open the wc_lock table. you can see one or more rows that contains the url which was mentioned in the phantom lock error window.
- delete these rows from the table.
- try to update your project from the repo.
- if you use more than 1 repo in 1 project (externals) another phantom lock may appear during the update. in this case repeat the process with that folder.
after the same problem with "phantom lock" the only solution was:
1) disconnect the project eclipse->team->disconnect (select option to delete .svn folder)
2) than "reconnect" eclipse->team->svn->share project. ignore the warning about better do an checkout. after this all worked fine.
cleanup and restart was no solutions, also scan locks did not show anything.
just right click on project
click on team
this will remove all the current lock files created by svn
hope this will help !!!!
i solved this problem by doing these:
right click on your project.
click on team
i get this too. i go to the directory (not in eclipse) where the files are, go into the .svn dir and delete the file called lock.
flip back to eclipse and continue.
there is a similar question here problems committing file to svn repository
error : attempted to lock an already-locked dir svn: working copy 'c:\work\myproject\workspaces\hpdp' locked.
solution: worked for me.
right-click on project-->team-->refresh/cleanup
i tried all suggestion from this thread but the only one that worked is:
- go to the folder on which the project locked folder is stored
- execute svn cleanup
i had similar problem. team->refresh/cleanup solved my problem
- How to fix Subversion lock error
- How to fix error "Updating Maven Project". Unsupported IClasspathEntry kind=4?
- How to fix Eclipse validation error "No grammar constraints detected for the document"?
- Eclipse - How to fix error "No persistence.xml file found in project" JPA issue
- How to fix m2e error in pom.xml: plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration?
- How to fix this error "GC overhead limit exceeded in Eclipse"
- how to fix "Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled" error while running java
- DeviceMonitor constantly gives the error "failed to start monitoring emulator-5554", how should I fix it?
- How do I fix a "declared package does not match the expected package" error on Eclipse?
- How do I fix Eclipse CDT Error "Function 'isdigit' could not be resolved" with Android NDK?
- How to fix The method startActivity(Intent) is undefined for the type new View.OnClickListener() syntax error
- How to fix ssh authentication error while working with Eclipse and Git
- How to fix breakpoint error when debugging in Eclipse?
- How to fix the error org.testng.eclipse.maven.MavenTestNGLaunchConfigurationProvider.getClasspath(Lorg/eclipse/debug/core/ILaunchConfiguration;)
- How can I fix the "Property 'allowUndeclaredRTE' does not exist" error when using my Eclipse Checkstyle plugin?
- how to fix "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/slf4j/LoggerFactory" error when run java jar application
- How to fix "No Application ID has been Found" error in e4 application?
- How to fix 'No plugin found for prefix 'archetype' error when creating a maven project
- How to fix internal error updating maven project for PMD
- how to fix built path error in eclipse while creating a project in new workspace
- How to fix error occuring while executing EValidator
- How can I fix this error when installing ADT on Ubuntu?
- how do i fix the error "conversion to dalvik format failed with error 1"?
- how to fix non-parseable pom error in maven pom.xml?
- How to fix error 'Failed to initialize connector [Connector[HTTP/1.1-443]]' when starting tomcat
- How do I fix manifest-update lifecycle error of android-maven-plugin in Eclipse?
- How to fix error "Validating org/eclipse/m2e/wtp/MavenWtpPlugin"
- How to fix Eclipse Maven Package Error injecting constructor, java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
- How to fix "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: Cannot inherit from final class " error
- How do I fix port 1433 failing error in my SQL server with JDBC, I tried everything
More Query from same tag
- Get facebook access token with java code
- Jquery mobile is not working in phonegap android application
- Netbeans different return values
- Remove quick access filed from Eclipse RCP application
- Error with "nativemvm library" Engine API Java with Matlab
- Undefined reference to function in dll library after seemingly correct referencing
- DAO class declared in ApplicationContext (Spring)
- Deploying IMP-based eclipse plugin
- jar is not available at runtime, why not?
- Unable to configure Oracle weblogic 10gR3 server in Eclipse Oxygen
- Error during include of component in AEM - Cannot be correctly instantiated
- Eclipse doesn't recognize my android 4.4.2
- Eclipse, moving a package from a project to another
- Servlet runtime error: Want to know what could be the reason?
- Google sample code Error | <app> stopped working
- How to "Export" code the right way?
- VerifyError when running Spock-spec with mock/stub from inside Eclipse
- Unable to debug linux using eclipse
- Cannot to be cast json
- Objects garbage collected in debug mode
- How to get gdb working with Eclipse CDT under windows (fails to find source code)
- How to compare a file in a project with one in the filesystem in eclipse?
- Android Eclipse placing a text view in specific places
- "Couldn't connect to the RemoteTestNG Client" at launch of TestNG on OSX-mountain-lion
- EJB interface references from a separated Web Project
- Eclipse Plugin for ClearCase
- setting JAVA_HOME in windows 7
- How to get a class file by Eclipse?
- Instatiate an IFile for a file existing in Eclipse Workspace
- Eclipse & Java: How to designate folder as resources while not in src directory