You can also create a scrapbook page (a .jpage) file and type your code in there. Then click run. It looked slightly more convenient when I tried it.
Like others say, you use the Display view. But for some variants of Eclipse, it may be named differently. For instance, if you are using Spring Tool Suite as your Eclipse, the View name corresponding to Display view is Debug Shell.
Complementing all the amazing answers, for mac users is cmd + D
you can use the 'Display' view to evaluate expressions in eclipse.
Look under the debug list of views. It is a standard par part of the java tooling so you don't need a plugin
I'm currently using Eclipse Photon (v4.8.0). Eclipse changed the "Display" View name to "Debug Shell View". Here, you can execute commands on-the-fly.
I believe that what you're looking for are "watch expressions". Just mark the piece of code in the source code view, right-click and select "Watch".
Use the debug shell! Coming from node, I was pretty used to being able to mess with my env variables at any time using
node --inspect in chrome, and so it was imperative for me to find the same experience in eclipse without having to use JDB.
To open the debug shell, go to Window → Show View → Debug Shell
After you write the code you wish to run, simply highlight it, right click, and execute (⌘U also works)
Select the line and press
This will give the result in a popup.
You can use the Display view to execute commands while debugging. You can find this in Window -> Show View -> Display
Use the Display view, or a bit quicker: highlight the code you want to run and right-click/Execute or Ctrl+U.
- How to execute some function in eclipse while debugging a java program?
- how do i take step reverse while doing debugging in eclipse ide for java
- How to execute java program from eclipse windows to Linux server
- How to execute a java program from another java program in eclipse
- How can I collect some hardware profile data during the execution of the Java program with eclipse and JVM monitor?
- How to execute some action in an external program through java code
- How can I compile a Java program in Eclipse without running it?
- Moving the instruction pointer while debugging Java in Eclipse
- How to Debug JUnit tests similar to a regular Java program within Eclipse
- How to skip loops while debugging Java code?
- Catching exceptions as an expression while debugging Java in Eclipse IDE
- how do you make getResourceAsStream work while debugging Java in Eclipse?
- How to terminate android application while debugging in eclipse
- How to publish a message while receiving on a Java MQTT client using Eclipse Paho
- Facing issues while running remote java program through RSE plugin in Eclipse
- How Exclude some files from Eclipse Java EE Web Application project Deployment Assembly
- Unable to use F5 to step into function while debugging on Eclipse
- How to debug Groovy code via the remote Java application debugging in Eclipse
- how to access a text file while debugging with eclipse CDT
- How to disable eclipse switching to debug view while debugging
- How to change value of a HashMap while debugging in eclipse
- How can I get a Java program in Eclipse to use multiple processing cores?
- How eclipse execute java code when there are compile errors
- Eclipse: How to force execute a particular java statement while debugging?
- how to show result of java program in console output in eclipse using log4j logger?
- How debugging is much easier in eclipse for java programs?
- How to attach a process in eclipse for debugging of muiti-process program
- How to execute java source in Eclipse
- How to fix eclipse spinning CPU while debugging on tomcat server
- How to gracefully stop a java main program running inside eclipse
More Query from same tag
- How do I redirect from console (including error and output) to a file in Java?
- Change the active application on OS X with Java and SWT
- Eclipse runs in background when specific workspace selected
- apache tomcat 9.x not working with eclipse & Java 10.0.1
- Paths of the different elements in an RCP application
- Missing tools-1.6.jar with Eclipse and Maven
- Eclipse - Enclose selection instead of replacing
- Switch cannot be resolved to a type, how to use in gingerbread
- How should I display a validation error detected by an ICellEditorValidator?
- AJDT on Eclipse/Maven
- How do I activate AnyEdit-Plugin in JBoos Tools HTML Editor?
- Constant Input Received in Processing Despite Lack of Input - Java
- Why will nothing paint on my screen?
- Why isn't Eclipse using GDB's pretty printing?
- source_sink `appl' does not exist
- How do I write data values from file to new output file?
- Account Registeration Issue In Android Device
- SVN link folders
- Removing images and assets from appcompact-v7 android
- Requested Resource (servlet name) not found Tomcat Eclipse IDE
- Java8: How can I use Pair in Hashmap
- Script error: "An error has occured in the script on the page"
- How to use Thymeleaf in html with variable included inside of a h1 tag?
- Change Query Text in Birt RPTDesign
- Eclipse, project unable to launch
- I had written a simple cobol prog in ECLIPSE. But i am unable to compile,run that program
- How to use code snippets into Aptana 3 Studio?
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/codec/binary/Base64
- Error while creating android AVD: (Permission denied) inside Ubuntu
- SVN connector timeouts while connecting to repository