to be specific:
- go to
java applicationin left nav pan.
- right click and
-eain vm arguments.
in case someone uses idea,
-ea is enabled by default in some idea versions, but disabled in others. to manually configure it, it is under
edit configuration ->
you need to go to run configurations and add vm arguments as "-enableassertions" (or) "-ea"
after that when you run code with assert statement, you will see assert in action.
java introduced the
assert keyword, so the way to enable source-level support is to make sure that eclipse's java compliance level is 1.4 or higher. (the chances are that the compliance level is already higher than that ...)
to cause a java application launched from eclipsed to run with assertion checking enabled, add the "-ea" argument to the vm arguments in the launcher configuration's "arguments" tab.
- form the menu bar, select
if anyone wants to enable assertions by default (in contrast to enabling them for just a single run configuration), it is possible with the following steps:
- window (menu bar)
- installed jres
- select your jre/jdk
- press edit...
- default vm arguments
- add -ea
- How to enable the Java keyword assert in Eclipse program-wise?
- How can I enable the Task List in Eclipse for a Java Project?
- How do i run a Java program from the command line using an Eclipse launch file?
- How to measure the performance of a simple java program using eclipse
- How can I collect some hardware profile data during the execution of the Java program with eclipse and JVM monitor?
- How to turn off the Eclipse code formatter for certain sections of Java code?
- How can I compile a Java program in Eclipse without running it?
- How to enable the bar showing file location in Eclipse
- How to create the pom.xml for a Java project with Eclipse
- How to make Eclipse behave well in the Windows 10 taskbar and program search?
- How can I set the current line of execution in the eclipse java debugger?
- How do I display a byte array as an array of hex bytes or unsigned decimal numbers in the Eclipse Java debugger?
- How to know the command line used by Eclipse to run the java program?
- How to Debug JUnit tests similar to a regular Java program within Eclipse
- How can I use the java Eclipse Abstract Syntax Tree in a project outside Eclipse? (ie not an eclipse plugin)
- How do I prevent Eclipse from adding the 'final' keyword to a member variable declaration?
- Exit code of Java program running inside of the Eclipse IDE?
- How do I add a shortcut key to Eclipse 3.2 Java plug-in to build the current project?
- Eclipse - how to give the Java Console unlimited length (in # lines)
- How to turn off the Javadoc hover in Eclipse (or selectively enable it)?
- How to quickly find the main() in java project using eclipse ?
- Have two JDK installed, how to switch the java compiler in Eclipse
- Java How to beautify the java code inside Eclipse IDE
- How can I enable the Box (or Block) Selection in Eclipse IDE?
- How do I set the Java Doc for google drive api for android in Eclipse
- Eclipse - how can I determine the number of methods in a Java application
- How to install eclipse for java developer,c/c++ developer, php developer at the same time?
- Java program to connect to Sql Server and running the sample query From Eclipse
- How to make eclipse launch a program in the eclipse workbench from the command line?
- How do I determine the command string eclipse uses to launch my java program?
More Query from same tag
- Linphone Android Import and Build
- Is there a way to perform the 'Save Actions' on all files of a project at once?
- Running Memory Size
- Showing listfragment in action bar
- How to supress warnings from some files when building with g++?
- Difference between `JUnit Plug-in Test` and `JUnit Test` in eclipse
- stm32l0: Failed to execute MI command. Error erasing flash with vFlashErase packet
- Can an object like node update itself without any need of giving it an updated value?
- Progress Developer Studio 11.6 doesn't auto compile cls file
- How to transform vim into a java IDE?
- Parsing an XML and binding it to a dialog in an Eclipse plugin
- Eclipse IDE doesn't show window-titles properly
- Java Library Graphics2D Doesn't Display Text as Correct Font
- Java - errors on visual programs in Linux
- Class not found from dependency jar
- Why is my Eclipse Java package being treated as a folder?
- Add activity node android eclipse
- Is it possible to create multiple jar files of same project
- Eclipselink static weaving in Java web application - Eclipse
- Android - NullPointer in signed application does not occurs when app is installed from Eclipse
- Eclipse equivalent of CTRL-K in Netbeans
- Eclipse Indigo, how to autogenerate Entity Meta Model
- Installing Android-RSS as shared library into Eclipse project
- maven plugin in eclipse
- Android XML Mixup and Minor Difficulties
- Android:: Version4.4 and below versions App crashing with VerifyError
- Eclipse: Refactoring-renaming GWT uibinder java bean does not rename template ui.xml file
- Eclipse plugin depenedency analysis in an automated manner
- Eclipse: Error starting static Resources java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
- Error while load-time compiling