(Update March 2012)
As tukushan mentions in the comment:
In Egit 1.3.0, this only deletes the remote tracking branch in the local repository, not the remote branch.
With Egit, see "Delete Ref Specifications section":
(Original answer December 2011)
You can also check out the very latest release of EGit (1.2, released yesterday December 23rd, 2011). You now have another way to delete a remote
From its EGit/New and Noteworthy/1.2:
In the commit graph area, there is a new context menu action "
Delete Branch" allowing to delete a branch.
It will be enabled if a branch exists for the currently selected commit, which is not checked out.
If there is a single branch on this commit, which is not checked out, this action will delete this branch immediately.
If multiple such branches exist, a dialog will be shown asking which branches should be deleted.
If commits become unreachable on "Delete Branch" a confirmation dialog will be shown to prevent accidental unreachability of commits.
It remains to be tested if that option can delete a branch for a commit on a remote namespace (a commit part of a remote repo and fetched in your local repo).
- How to delete a branch in the remote repository using EGIT?
- EGit Push: How to store the remote repository info
- How to update only a particular file from one branch to the other using EGIT in eclipse?
- How do I merge a CVS branch into HEAD using the Eclipse merge tools?
- How do I create a remote git repository in EGit and link it to an existing Eclipse project?
- How to download/clone a new branch from my server git repository into an already created local git repository in my PC with Eclipse EGit
- How can I view the history of a single branch in EGit for eclipse
- How do I delete local remote-tracking branches when remote branch is deleted?
- EGit: Issuing a fast-forward pull ~ How to configure fetch for a remote repository in EGit
- How to convert a remote branch into a local one in Eclipse using Bitbucket?
- How do I set up the remote tracking branch in Egit?
- How to partition a JSF project for developers vs UI coders, when using Git as the code repository
- How to push from account to a remote repo on Github using EGit from Eclipse on a Xubuntu VM?
- How can I create a project in the Git repository root using Eclipse EGit?
- Always using remote repository in egit
- Egit: how to synchronize eclipse project ( local repository) with the remote repository
- How to read all the commits of a public git repository using EGIT?
- Within Eclipse, switch from using the Master branch in the Local Repository to something else
- Clone Git repository to the current eclipse workspace by using EGit
- how to compare the code present in eclipse work space with the code present in the svn repository using eclipse adt
- Using Eclipse and eGit - after the initial setup, how do I tell what protocol is being used, i.e. ssh or not?
- How to pull code from the master in eGit to my local branch in eclipse IDE?
- How do i retrieve the data using JSON from the Remote Database and display in my android app xml file?
- How can someone using egit/eclipse pull a remote branch that I created without using command line?
- How to create just one Git repository w/ EGit for multiple existing LibGDX projects in Eclipse w/o revising the existing structure of those projects?
- How do I switch to a new local git repository using egit on Eclipse for Windows
- How can I see the history of a merged branch in Eclipse using SVN?
- How to commit new project in the branch using cvs and eclipse
- how to delete particular statements of the entire workspace in Eclipse IDE using line numbers automatically
- How to go to an error using only the keyboard in Eclipse?
More Query from same tag
- Scanning available bluetooth devices for Android in Eclipse
- How do I get property type through xpath
- Delete non utf8 characters in Eclipse using regex
- Set up a development environment for Addon development for mozilla firefox using Addon-SDK and an IDE
- Eclipse content assist: accepting the selection with the . or ( keys
- java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError in Dynamic Web Project (Eclipse)
- polygot persistence gremlin queries help needed
- Is it possible to run eclipse IDE on a network so other users can work with you? Like google docs?
- UnsatisfiedLinkError: no j3dcore-ogl in java.library.path
- eclipse task list TODOs and Mylyn
- how to change jdk version in weblogic12c
- Creating and Running runnable jar on hadoop's prompt
- Problem with installing an application on android
- Howto protect an ANT task / target from accidental execution?
- Two Eclipse running on two different system will share same workbench
- Tomcat issues with starting struts application
- Simple Tomcat cluster deployment
- Tomcat Adapter is not visible in kepler
- How do I enable undo in eclipse ant editor?
- Import Processing pde into Eclipse
- Is there a tutorial out there to demonstrate developing web services using metro and tomcat
- Attribute is missing : Android namespace prefix
- I want to use Git in console and Intellij as my
- Eclipse not opening out of the box
- Eclipse Window Builder VS Netbeans GUI Builder
- Eclipse crashing constantly
- array - efficiency & general approach towards the question
- STS 3.6.3 (Eclipse 4.4.1) updates fails with CollectAction error
- Java Help - Display Class Object
- the working order of codes at Eclipse IDE