(update march 2012)
as tukushan mentions in the comment:
in egit 1.3.0, this only deletes the remote tracking branch in the local repository, not the remote branch.
with egit, see "delete ref specifications section":
(original answer december 2011)
you can also check out the very latest release of egit (1.2, released yesterday december 23rd, 2011). you now have another way to delete a remote
from its egit/new and noteworthy/1.2:
in the commit graph area, there is a new context menu action "
delete branch" allowing to delete a branch.
it will be enabled if a branch exists for the currently selected commit, which is not checked out.
if there is a single branch on this commit, which is not checked out, this action will delete this branch immediately.
if multiple such branches exist, a dialog will be shown asking which branches should be deleted.
if commits become unreachable on "delete branch" a confirmation dialog will be shown to prevent accidental unreachability of commits.
it remains to be tested if that option can delete a branch for a commit on a remote namespace (a commit part of a remote repo and fetched in your local repo).
- How to delete a branch in the remote repository using EGIT?
- EGit Push: How to store the remote repository info
- How to update only a particular file from one branch to the other using EGIT in eclipse?
- How do I merge a CVS branch into HEAD using the Eclipse merge tools?
- How do I create a remote git repository in EGit and link it to an existing Eclipse project?
- How to download/clone a new branch from my server git repository into an already created local git repository in my PC with Eclipse EGit
- How can I view the history of a single branch in EGit for eclipse
- How do I delete local remote-tracking branches when remote branch is deleted?
- EGit: Issuing a fast-forward pull ~ How to configure fetch for a remote repository in EGit
- How to convert a remote branch into a local one in Eclipse using Bitbucket?
- How do I set up the remote tracking branch in Egit?
- How to partition a JSF project for developers vs UI coders, when using Git as the code repository
- How to push from account to a remote repo on Github using EGit from Eclipse on a Xubuntu VM?
- How can I create a project in the Git repository root using Eclipse EGit?
- Always using remote repository in egit
- Egit: how to synchronize eclipse project ( local repository) with the remote repository
- How to read all the commits of a public git repository using EGIT?
- Within Eclipse, switch from using the Master branch in the Local Repository to something else
- Clone Git repository to the current eclipse workspace by using EGit
- how to compare the code present in eclipse work space with the code present in the svn repository using eclipse adt
- Using Eclipse and eGit - after the initial setup, how do I tell what protocol is being used, i.e. ssh or not?
- How to pull code from the master in eGit to my local branch in eclipse IDE?
- How do i retrieve the data using JSON from the Remote Database and display in my android app xml file?
- How can someone using egit/eclipse pull a remote branch that I created without using command line?
- How to create just one Git repository w/ EGit for multiple existing LibGDX projects in Eclipse w/o revising the existing structure of those projects?
- How do I switch to a new local git repository using egit on Eclipse for Windows
- How can I see the history of a merged branch in Eclipse using SVN?
- How to commit new project in the branch using cvs and eclipse
- how to delete particular statements of the entire workspace in Eclipse IDE using line numbers automatically
- How to go to an error using only the keyboard in Eclipse?
More Query from same tag
- Access Child Property from Parent, Maven Project
- Eclipse Error "java.lang.unsatisfiedlinkerror Native method not found"
- Javamelody reports in Sonar
- How can I access <tomcat>\bin\*.properties when running from inside eclipse?
- eclipse - Always view object when debugging
- Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Source does not fit in dest
- Can Eclipse Tomcat automatically pick up added files in common project?
- How do I Suppress Warnings in CheckStyle?
- how do i fix broken encoding in my webapp?
- filling combobox from database using remote object
- Eclipse Web Tools Platform (WTP) vs NetBeans - IDE for Java Web Development
- Eclipse: Chain many 'Run as Java Application' one after another
- How to solve eclipse(Mars) prompt blank error dialog when compare two commits in git history
- Console Output Selenium Webdriver
- Where does Eclipse store preferences?
- Eclipse getter/setter format
- Lucene NoSuchMethodError in Eclipse Plugin
- How one project can reference to another in Eclipse Java
- JFace label provider overview
- Eclipse Display view and checking if list contains object with some property
- Why the results of decimal operation is incorrect?
- How do I pass in the string from a text file into my JUnit code ?
- Missing platform-specific plugins in new RCP app
- Android libraries in ADT r14 in Eclipse - build error
- PMD: the chosen operation is not currently available
- Nothing happens when I run my main-containing class under Eclipse?
- Gradle sync failed: Cause: startup failed:
- Copy filenames from synchronizing perspective in Eclipse
- Ctrl-Click on references in spring.xml
- Error occurs while running Eclipse Emulator