Yes, you can.
Create a text (.txt) file in a directory on your computer. Your Eclipse workspace may be appropriate. Add a new word on each line in the .txt file. You don't have to remember every word, that's what the help option is for, when you type a misspelling/a word eclipse doesn't know.
Go to Window → Preferences → General → Editors → Text Editors → Spelling and find the User defined dictionary section. To the right of that is a button called "Browse" click it, navigate to your text file, and choose it. You'll need to restart Eclipse in order for the changes to take effect.
You can also just type in the text box next to "User defined dictionary" in the Spelling Menu the path to where you want the file to be. It doesn't have to exist, but you must be familiar with paths if you want to do this.
Another thing to watch out for, at least in Eclipse Kepler, is that the dictionary cannot be located in
C:\ProgramFiles\eclipse. I could not add words to the dictionary when I put the file there, maybe because it doesn't have permission to that directory.
The user dictionary is just a plain text file with one word per line.
You do not have to create this file, just put the path to where you want to store the file in the 'User defined dictionary' configuration that Eclipse shows you and it will create the file.
When in C/C++, you must change the "Select spelling engine to use" option at the top of that options page to be "C/C++ spelling engine".
- How to create a user dictionary in eclipse?
- How to create user input field in Eclipse plugin using Eclipse Nebula Grid?
- How to create a project from existing source in Eclipse and then find it?
- How to create unit tests easily in eclipse
- How can Eclipse create a class with unresolved compilation problems?
- How to create the pom.xml for a Java project with Eclipse
- How to create a child package inside a package in eclipse project explorer
- How can I create a custom Eclipse Syntax Highlighter
- How do I create a runnable JAR in IntelliJ as I would in Eclipse
- How to create an Intellij and Eclipse compatible code style and code formatting configuration (for java code)?
- How to install a platform dictionary in Eclipse
- How to Create Flowchart from java source code in Eclipse
- How do I create a remote git repository in EGit and link it to an existing Eclipse project?
- How to create Jar file from Maven project in eclipse
- How to use sbt-eclipse to create Eclipse project files of a project?
- How to create an war file in Eclipse without ant or maven?
- how to create jar file using eclipse
- How to change user in eclipse svn repository?
- How to create a generic list with Eclipse EMF?
- How to copy user libraries between workspaces in Eclipse
- how to create an eclipse workspace with command line without actually launching eclipse?
- How to create new android project in eclipse and share in local git repository?
- How do I create a git repository over an eclipse project or vice versa?
- How to get Eclipse to stop asking to create a module-info java file on new Java project creation?
- How to create J2ME midlets for Nokia using Eclipse
- How to create 'testng.xml' using Eclipse
- How to create two mains in an eclipse C++ project
- How to create a Maven project in Eclipse with AspectJ support?
- How to create new project from GIT repo using Eclipse EGit
- How to create packages (folders) in an Eclipse project via plugin
More Query from same tag
- Is Apache Tomcat Blocking other thread during Eclipse debug?
- "Project build error: Unknown packaging: eclipse-plugin" in Maven
- Building Eclipse plugins with Gradle
- Android calculate the grid corner positions in android Google map
- Can't add library to my android project
- Eclipse-Plugin: Program Counter position
- Creating dynamic web project with maven in eclipse and deployable with oracle weblogic 12.1.1
- Android launch icon doesn't work
- Why Eclipse Pydev Hierarchy view doesn't work?
- Restricting Fonts available in Eclipse
- In Eclipse, use Java 7 for Android apps, use Java 8 for other Java applications
- BluetoothChat Android Example Runtime Error
- Installing Akka for Java in Eclipse (Kubuntu)
- CREATE table upon button click in eclipse
- Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: unable to load from [netlib-native_system-win-x86_64.dll]
- C++ Boost Test, package structure, and Eclipse project settings
- Can't install maven plugin for eclipse on Ubuntu 12.04
- Eclipse RCP: Actions VS Commands
- Loading classes
- JavaFX MediaPlayer "Error: 80de0001 in CallbackToJava..."
- servlet connection to remote mysql
- Eclipse features in VisualStudio
- How to add glassfish tools to eclipse oxygen 3a
- Using one JavaFX method for multiple Buttons
- How to set JVM options for Tomcat instance executed from eclipse
- field constant and @override
- Java Eclipse: Running a program with a file argument and external JAR
- API 'QString' has already been set to version 1 on Eclipse
- Overlaying textview with imageview linear layout
- How can I get other branches than "master" to show in my package explorer?