My team works around this problem by wrapping the relevant configuration in a profile:
<profile> <id>only-eclipse</id> <activation> <property> <name>m2e.version</name> </property> </activation> <build> <pluginManagement> <plugins> <plugin> <groupId>org.eclipse.m2e</groupId> <artifactId>lifecycle-mapping</artifactId> <version>1.0.0</version> <configuration> ... </configuration> </plugin> </plugins> </pluginManagement> </build> </profile>
Now there's now better solution (for the error messages in Eclipse only).
Press CTR+1 on the error Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.codehaus.mojo:buildnumber-maven-plugin:1.1:create-timestamp (execution: default-create-timestamp, phase: validate) and then select this option:
This works with
org.eclipse.m2e.editor.xml_22.214.171.12420903-1050.jar plugin (maybe earlier also)
This solution is now deprecated, I would recommend using the "profile" solution by @ctrueden which is the accepted answer!
While not the most clean solution, when you use a repository manager in your company or are on your own, in the mean time you may do this:
- Checkout https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/dummy-lifecycle-mapping-plugin.
mvn install when you are on your own
mvn deploy -DaltDeploymentRepository=REPO_ID::default::YOUR_THIRDPARTY_REPO_URL when you have a repository manager like Nexus or Artifactory.
- See https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/dummy-lifecycle-mapping-plugin/blob/master/README.creole as well.
m2eclipse 1.7.0 introduced an alternative, namely an XML processing instruction.
In the original example, you would simply “annotate” every
<execution> of the
process goal with
See the release notes for more details on the syntax and further options.
This a known bug with WONTFIX resolution. The suggested solution is the simplest in my opinion:
mvn archetype:generate -DgroupId=org.eclipse.m2e -DartifactId=lifecycle-mapping \ -Dversion=1.0.0 -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-mojo
install this project.
- get rid of POM not found warning for org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping
- How to get rid of "Null type safety" warning in eclipse neon for TreeMap
- Launch Failed Binary not found Eclipse for C in Windows
- How to get rid of the warning: Use '$' instead of '.' for inner classes in Eclipse
- Using Eclipse for androidSDK, when I go to run, I get WARNING: Data partition already in use. Changes will not persist!
- "Plugin not found for prefix" error in Eclipse
- Getting "The POM for <name> is invalid, transitive dependencies (if any) will not be available" only in Eclipse
- eclipse debug: Source not found for
- "Could not get advertised Ref for branch..." error when pulling in a git repository in Eclipse
- Static resources not found in (Selenium) JUnit test for Play 2.0 application executed from Eclipse
- How to get rid of "The web.xml file does not exist" error in Eclipse from GWT Plugin?
- Maven3 eclipse:eclipse does not work - Not running eclipse plugin goal for pom project
- Why get Warning "Unknown tag" in Eclipse for Vaadin Elements
- Javadoc for ORMlite attached, but not found by Eclipse
- How to tell Eclipse not include project reference, instead get JAR for custom dependency in local repo
- Warning in jsp : The tag handler class for "s:form" (org.apache.struts2.views.jsp.ui.FormTag) was not found on the Java Build Path
- Eclipse suggested fix for warning "finally block does not complete normally"
- ld: library not found for - Eclipse
- How to get rid of Eclipse indexer "Type std::... could not be resolved" errors in imported make project
- Get net_rim_os not found warning when debugging
- Can I configure Eclipse to suppress the "is not used" warning for a specific fieldname?
- Eclipse export to a runnable JAR - Class files on classpath not found or not accessible for :
- Eclipse Debugger: Source not found for project references
- /bin/sh: mpic++ command not found in Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers
- Why does an Eclipse builder return a "file_get_contents() ... Permission denied" warning for a PHP script but not the command line?
- intellisense in Eclipse for currently saved files does not get reflected
- Not able to get SVN for Eclipse on Ubuntu 12.04
- how to fix source not found message for coldfusion eclipse remote debugging?
- Java Eclipse Error: cannot access android.support.v7.app.ActionBarActivity class file for android.support.v7.app.ActionBarActivity not found
- How do you get Eclipse warning messages to not disappear instantly?
More Query from same tag
- Remove exclusion of resources folder from eclipse build?
- Maven: create a jar from a package of a larger project
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/gson/Gson
- Selenium JUnit 4 test - usage of findElement()
- Convert netbeans project to eclipse project
- Eclipse don't find installed JRE on Mac OS X
- Maven for Eclipse (M2E) Installation error
- Relationship between Eclipse, Aptana, PyDev, and LiClipse
- How can I receive the data stream from Bluetooth and add it to LinkedHashMap<>?
- Android Eclipse Lint API checks
- How to add command-line arguments to a Java program launched from Eclipse?
- LuaJava - unprotected error in call to Lua API
- What does the checkbox "Build target platform based on the target's installed plug-ins" do?
- android : gradle build system using eclipse
- How get location of the source folder in Eclipse plugin development
- spring-boot-maven-plugin include other projects from workspace
- Lotus Notes - Java UI - Eclipse plugin
- Papyrus palette customization
- Getting java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError in android with Eclipse
- Android Auto build with eclipse broken
- Setting the correct PATH for Eclipse
- How to surround some html code in Eclipse with new tag (shortcut)?
- Maven isn't working in eclipse but in console. Why?
- Control doesn't flow into createInitialLayout() in RCP perspective Eclipse
- Add XML editor to Eclipse Standard
- Working on multiple SVN branches in 1 Eclipse Workspace
- Eclipse cannot find JDK
- how to get the position of a particular string in the editor that is currently opened?
- Failed to create Java virtual machine using Eclipse