mark the "target" folders as "derived" resource from the properties screen of those folders (this option is next to read only and archive property).
in the quick search (ctrl+shift+r) screen press the arrow in the top right corner and untick "show derived resources".
then those target-files will not be considered in the quick search anymore.
you can install autoderiv plugin from eclipse marketplace or http://nodj.github.io/autoderiv/. it allows you to create either global(workspace) or per-project
.derived files in which you can specify which files/folders should be marked as derived.
here's a sample config file (taken from plugin's homepage):
# set the 'target' and 'ext' folders as derived
# but don't affect the 'keep' sub-folder
# all files with a '.dep' extension are generated
src/include/version.h # this specific file is also generated.
go to add resource filter preferences dialog:
then fill the options:
] all children (recursive)
filter and folder attributes:
- Exclude target folder from search results in Eclipse
- Exclude a folder name from Eclipse file search
- Exclude folders from Eclipse search
- Prevent Eclipse targeting/linking files from Maven target folder
- How to Exclude folder from compile in eclipse
- Eclipse - exclude files from resource search by name
- Eclipse / Aptana - exclude folder from 'Connections' sync
- How to exclude folder from indexer in eclipse programatically?
- Is there a way to stop eclipse search from duplicating results
- Eclipse - exclude file / folder from triggering workspace refresh after build
- How to exclude a folder from eclipse android packing?
- How to clear the editor from the search results but still keep view in Eclipse
- Exclude /WebContent/images folder from war in eclipse
- Eclipse and m2e: how to automatically exclude a resource folder from JAR?
- Java - Export and build eclipse project from target folder
- How can I exclude some folders from my Eclipse project?
- How to exclude a folder that is producing warnings/errors in an Eclipse project?
- How to exclude .svn directories from search in Eclipse?
- Exclude directories & subdirectories from validation in Eclipse
- Why does Eclipse 'filter results from view' when searching?
- How to hide src folder from Eclipse Project Explorer?
- Automatically expand all in Eclipse Search results
- How do I search files in Eclipse so the results shows files that do NOT contain the search term?
- Eclipse - Export/Save Search Results
- Completely exclude certain directories from Eclipse CDT project
- Should I regularly delete the .metadata folder from the Eclipse workspace? What problems will it cause?
- Excel file corrupt when copied from src to target in Eclipse IDE
- Eclipse C++ including header file from my source folder
- Building Eclipse IDE from scratch - how to specify the target OS?
More Query from same tag
- Android SQLite database seems to clear every time i open a new activity
- Run all JUnit tests indepentently in Eclipse, reloading Spring context each time
- how to change the default text when creating a new html file in eclipse?
- Wrong xpath for nav html tag
- I renamed my package in Eclipse but some errors/messages still come up under the old package name in LogCat. Why?
- How to use/connect a database, EJB with TomCat
- Listening to Eclipse editor focus
- WALA: Errors in starting examples
- Mylyn doesn't filter the resources in the Navigator- or Package Explorer views
- creating multiple .gitconfig
- Eclipse Mars crashes when saving large Java enum file with StackOverflowError
- Eclipse logical directory grouping
- Eclipse: Renaming an output file after running the run configuration
- How to run single Java file from a project in Eclipse?
- Import Jar file into eclipse fails - cannot be resolved to a type
- How can I put my own text hover into default Eclipse editor?
- Android development without ADT
- How to convert a gradle project back to normal android project?
- How to use a class from JAR in eclipse
- PyDev Search doesn't work properly on Eclipse
- Java SQLite database, insert entry giving nullPointerException
- is there any way I can apply this onMouseEntered to all the buttons in the FXML file without actually writing a separate code for each one?
- Error Builds with Maven
- Problems in Installing e(fx)clipse In Eclipse Kepler
- Creating a web-services client in Eclipse
- Android Eclipse: Change the text in the app to a string created withing the program
- Eclipse Dali can not find table relations for MS SQL Server
- Which JDK Distribution is pre-installed in Eclipse?
- Selenium 3 - Selenium Jar issue error is "The jar file Selenium-server-standalon-3.0.0-beta3.jar has no source attachment"
- HTTPS Problems with SonarLint and IBM JVM