this problem happened on api 20 ( android 4.4 w ) i recently have a problem with that but problem will be solved by changing android version to use for rendering level form api 20 ( android 4.4 w ) to api 19 (android 4.4.2) ( android icon in top right corner of graphical layout ) or update your sdk to android l ( api 20 l preview )
screen shot :
you could update your 4.4w sdk to 4.4w2 sdk. that fixed mine.
@shayan pourvatan already answered this question properly for me, i am just adding those two images describing how to install the api 20 l version to use it then as the preview renderer.
i was having this same problem with 20 (4.4w), but it disappeared when i installed and chose 20 (4.4 l (preview)). this is probably because 4.4w is the android wear sdk, and so may not support all the features of standard phone/tablet android
android wear is a wrist watch and you cannot type anything in it so you cannot use edittext on 4.4w. change the api to 19 or less or change it to 4.4l which can be downloaded from sdk manager. this is not a bug.
- Exception raised during XML rendering in Eclipse
- An exception raised during rendering
- Exception raised during rendering: java.lang.System.arraycopy
- Exception raised during rendering: Circular dependencies cannot exist in RelativeLayout Exception details are logged in Window > Show View > Error Log
- How to set a java system property during testing phase
- Exception raised during rendering: com.android.layoutlib.bridge.MockView cannot be cast to android.view.ViewGroup
- Exception in thread pydevd.CommandThread (most likely raised during interpreter shutdown) - PyDev
- java lang Class Cast Exception
- Fatal Exception, java lang null pointer exception
- Exception raised during rendering: invalid LOC header (bad signature) in android
- Class file name must end with .class exception in Java Search
- Set java system properties in IntelliJ or Eclipse
- Running Gradle project via Eclipse errors "system Cannot find System Java Compiler"
- Google App Engine JSP can't deploy: java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot get the System Java Compiler. Please use a JDK, not a JRE
- Code coverage in Java with EclEmma not scanning expecting exception methods
- Eclipse - break on user code when unhandled exception is raised on Android App
- How to determine the minimum JRE version and system requirements for my Java application
- Remove java exception breakpoints when debugging Liferay in eclipse
- how do i push to git repo given the following error: an internal exception occurred during push: ssh://email@example.com/yyy/yyy.git: session is down
- Can detect system Proxy Settings in Java application, but not in JUnit
- Eclipse: JRE System Library in Java Build Path reset
- Exception occurred during code generation for the WSDL : java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/ws/commons/schema/utils/NamespacePrefixList
- Ant not working in Eclipse Kepler (Java Virtual Machine Launcher - A Java Exception has occured)
- An internal error occurred during "Initializing Java Tooling." in Eclipse on startup
- how to catch an exception that is "never thrown" in Java
- Add Java system modules to compile in Eclipse
- Error occurred during initialization of boot layer - Eclipse Java
- @throws in Scala does not allow calling Java to catch correct exception type
- Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
More Query from same tag
- google-play-services_lib could not be found when migrating to Android Studio
- Eclipse: how to show the information about a PHP function?
- Eclipse p2 alternative for custom install handlers
- Xlib.h and Xutil.h not found in Eclipse, how can I fix this?
- Code too large on Ant in Linux but compiles on Eclipse in Windows
- How do I run test cases for a class written in Java, using Robot framework?
- How do I seperate the .java files in eclipse while exporting to jar
- Error starting Web sphere 8.5 application server
- Android - forName() method ClassNotFoundException
- new blackberry app world error "bar manifest file package version must be greater than ..."
- Strange maven behavior when adding class to project
- Eclipse CDT extend AdapterFactory
- Unable to resize a SWT component (TextMergeViewer)
- Does a "Find in project..." feature exist in Eclipse IDE?
- Maven surefire arguments when running JUnit test via eclipse
- Debugging causes an error "Conflicting handlers for org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.toggle.comment"
- Advantage of more than two Buffers?
- What Eclipse metadata files should be in the repository?
- Long string pasted into Eclipse is invisible
- Changing variables in realtime when debugging in eclipse?
- Eclipse Neon HTTP Proxy Authentication Required Error
- Eclispe - linking resources from another folder on the file system
- Getting Invocation Target Exception when calling class in a jarfile
- Android Kryonet client wont connect to my PC server?
- Eclipse F3 points to old Environment Variable location
- can the sdk manager run in the background while running eclipse
- Cannot upload apk to MobileFirst Test Workbench
- ClassNotFoundException :: org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
- JUnit 4.12: testing util classes
- Unrecognized option: -vmargs