i ran into a similar issue today and found that this question also has recently been asked and answered at the atlassian forum as well. my solution was to install slf4j based on guidelines from this blog post about "slf4j logging in eclipse plugins".
to extract, here is what i did:
- eclipse -> help -> install new software
- add a new software site:
- name: slf4j
- url: http://www.fuin.org/p2-repository/
- expand "maven osgi-bundles" and select "slf4j-api"
- click "next" and follow the installation.
after the installation has completed (and eclipse has been restarted) i was then able to install the maven plugin.
some of the other answers in this thread now contain links to offical package repositories. i haven't tested if they are working, but if you would prefer to use an official repository, now you know where to find them :)
the reason maven can't resolve slf4j is because maven can't find it in available software site. that is why the suggestion of @lasse to use another software site works. i would like to point out that the basic root cause is because the atlassian documentation is out-of-date now. so we can just use the latest version of maven. reference: maven for eclipse (m2e) installation error
i had this problem with the latest version of eclipse indigo 64bit. i solved installing the latest version of eclipse juno 64bit.
you can find the org.slf4j.api 1.6.4/1.7.2 on the orbit repository, which is more reliable than other third party repositories.
if you're using eclipse indigo -- it seems to be missing many files. if you download eclipse kepler it seems to have the files that are lacking in indigo. may suggest to switch.
this is because maven 1.5 is not compatible with current eclipse version. so we need to use maven 1.4 or 1.3
steps to install maven 1.4 is below
1)click help in eclipse
2)install new software
3)url for the location of site is "http://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/releases"
4)uncheck the checkbox "show only the latest versions of available software" if do not uncheck the checkbox it will only latest version and do not show maven 1.4.
5)select m2e and slf4j of 1.4 version and click next.
that mean the folder eclipse/plugins missing "org.slf4j.api_1.6.4.v20120130-2120.jar", so you need copy the file to eclipse/plugins!
ubuntu 13.04, eclipse 3.8.1. for step 3 all i had to do was add the main juno download site: http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno and m2e can be installed from there.
using helios, and i used this repository to download maven integration for eclipse with no problems.
plugin team has created a fix for m2e 1.4 & eclipse indigo (with this precision : indigo is no longer officially supported for m2e) :
reference : m2e-users mailing list
use the software update site as http://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/releases/1.0 that worked for me and got away with the exact same error message.
- Error: m2e Install In Eclipse
- Eclipse on Mac, getting "Specified VM install not found" error when trying to build
- Getting "No Repository Found" error in Eclipse (Ganymede) while trying to install google plugins (GWT)
- m2e Eclipse indigo gives error
- Maven not showing up in Eclipse (Kepler) even after m2e install
- Eclipse plugin install error
- Install new software in Eclipse Luna gives always the error No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.net4j.jms.api?
- I'm trying to install eclipse egit but there's this error saying
- Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency. Eclipse error for ADT
- eclipse indigo marketplace Maven Integration install error
- why eclipse m2e error "add a version or custom suffix using name template in advanced settings"
- in eclipse 3.61 getting error when trying to install google WindowMaker via updatesite
- Maven project dependency error in eclipse using m2e plugin (for maven)
- No Maven menu items in Eclipse Indigo SR2 EE even after m2e + DWM install
- With java 9 ea, Eclipse fails to install and show error "An error has occurred, see the log file null"
- eclipse pdt zend debug install error
- Eclipse Helios not able to install m2e
- Error when trying to install Gradle Integration for Eclipse
- Install Glassfish On Eclipse showing Error No repository found
- Error while Scala install on Eclipse Juno
- maven install in eclipse jre error :
- python flask import error when I install the IDE and Run by Eclipse
- Installation error for Spring IDE in Eclipse Mars using the Eclipse market place or the install new software option
- Unable to install CORBA for Eclipse "An error occurred while installing the items..."
- Attempting to install libGDX - error updating Eclipse to Kepler
- I can't install symfony2 feature to eclipse from symfony dubture com - strange error
- Mvn install error in eclipse
- Software update Error & how to install Plug-ins in eclipse
- Migrating eclipse project to android studio shows install error
- Eclipse Windows 10 Install Error
More Query from same tag
- Configure Eclipse for Material Design
- How to set up the create android device options
- Running a Maven project with many dependencies
- Java isEmpty() undefined for String?
- How do I calculate the Average marks?
- Running Robot test cases in Eclipse - Unable to find output console
- Eclipse, Macos 10.8 and C++11
- Ubuntu - #include <curl/curl.h> no such file or directory
- Difference between eclipse pulsar, mtj, me
- Error installing the Google App Engine Eclipse plugin
- Mac Eclipse hierarchical view also in com.example.test (package)
- How to restrict access to package in Eclipse Java Project
- Set version with versions-maven-plugin in interactive mode with M2Eclipse plug-in?
- Can't import library in Eclipse after adding external JAR
- How to add the Python nature to a project imported from GitHub?
- How to change credentials for SVN repository in Eclipse?
- Eclipse error while building workspace
- Error when implement a forgot password ANDROID
- Incorrect string length
- Can't retrieve view with findViewById
- How to uninstall pip packages which are installed from a *.txt file?
- Eclipse configuration proxy Name host not valid
- Not able to import Selenium jar files
- What are the drawbacks of deploying a website using the Eclipse IDE?
- Eclipse editor hangs, how can I detect what's blocking it?
- Actions Class in Selenium not suggesting methods available
- An internal error occurred during: "Check license status". ECLIPSE_HOME is undefined
- Is there a method to switch strings around '=' in eclipse source file
- How do you get the Eclipse Package Explorer to show files whose names begins with a . (period)?