i usually use dropins for sharing plugins amongst multiple eclipse installations.
see this article for the dropins directory within an eclipse.
you can use some different structures to place the plug-ins into the dropins folder – i prefer to separate them by domain:
but i prefer to reference an external dropins folder through the eclipse.ini.
features directories in eclipse are the default installation directories for plugin.
for more on the differences between features and plugins, see my so answer:
- you will copy features (declaration of a group of plugins) in the
- you will copy the actual plugins themselves in the
within a dropin folder (either the one within eclipse or an external one), you will get back the same
the dropins directory should be used to install a plugin manually. the typical process is that you download a plugin and extract that archive to the dropins directory.
the plugins directory on the other hand is reserved for eclipse's updater. you should not mess with it manually. eclipse will store all plugins you install using "help"->"software updates" or "help"->"install new software" (depending on your eclipse version).
- Eclipse plugins vs features vs dropins
- Eclipse doesn't load plugins in the dropins folder
- Building Eclipse plugins and features on the command line
- New eclipse installation using old features and plugins
- How to export eclipse plugins as separate features and use the feature in other feature projects?
- Eclipse PDE Build: how to organize plugins and features with the "fetch" step skipped?
- "Debug certificate expired" error in Eclipse Android plugins
- Hidden features of Eclipse
- How to uninstall plugins in Eclipse 3.4.X or higher
- Eclipse vs. Visual Studio: What are the features in Eclipse that are not present in Visual Studio and vice versa?
- What code folding plugins work on Eclipse 3.6?
- Plugins installed on Eclipse not visible
- Plugins won't install on Eclipse
- Backup Eclipse plugins and settings
- Easy way to copy old plugins into new install of eclipse
- Eclipse 3.5 Unable to install plugins
- A new version of Eclipse just came out. Is there anything I can do to avoid having to manually hunt down my plugins again?
- How to install list of eclipse plugins from a script?
- How do you automate the installation of Eclipse plugins with command line?
- Installing Eclipse (3.4+) plugins in a directory other than ECLIPSE_HOME/plugins
- how to uninstall plugins from Eclipse Indigo?
- How to disable plugins in eclipse 3.6 Helios?
- List eclipse installed plugins at runtime
- Eclipse - Downloading content.jar.. times out while installing plugins
- how to find the installed plugins in eclipse
- Is it currently possible to build Eclipse Plugins by Maven AND have nice IDE Integration?
- Are there any good Continuous Testing plugins for Eclipse out right now?
- Trying to install new features in Eclipse (using ADT as the base package)
- Getting "No Repository Found" error in Eclipse (Ganymede) while trying to install google plugins (GWT)
- Disable plugins on Eclipse startup
More Query from same tag
- SQL LogCat error
- How do I build two android app versiosn with different API endpoints without editing code every time?
- Monitoring heap in java android app
- Displaying a variable from an ArrayList of objects in a JScrollPane
- Eclipse Plugin development :Application "org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench" could not be found in the registry
- Spark Streaming - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError Error
- How to install gcc in Mac OS X Lion
- SVN Integration With Eclipse and CRX (CQ 5.6)
- playOrm - Initial test file run - TestManyToOne.java
- Trying to setup environment for GeoNetwork metadata editor
- How to run as .jar in eclipse
- Run Maven Build after Existing Maven Build in Eclipse
- Can t run android application on eclipse neon
- Eclipse doesn't see the PySide classes
- Parsing smv files in eclipse
- How is Android jniLibs folder created?
- Developing two related Projects in Eclipse for Tomcat
- Eclipse debugger crashes when debugging a project
- Importing classes inside JAR files that are in the default package
- Android:transfer error: Read-only file system
- Is it possible to fail a maven build if fortify scan reports errors
- How to install GDB debugger to Eclipse CDT
- Android SDK DDMS in Eclipse not recognizing my Android Phone
- Key Shortcut for Eclipse Imports
- Eclipse CDT+RSE+PTP: how to set up a synchronized remote project with remote indexing?
- Pointing a project into two SVN repositories
- IBM Worklight - How to debug an application?
- Excluding particular facet when creating project from predefined maven's archetype, is it possible?
- Converting Strings to Uppercase with charAt
- Eclipselink read complex object model in an ordered way