You may reduce your application memory limit, and then again take a dump. Eclipse Memory Analyser puts dump file to memory - I suspect that your Eclipse has less memory than the limit of application.
You can also do the opposite and increase the memory limit for Eclipse, but if your application works on a server, it will be hard to match in size of memory.
An internal error has occurred. Java heap space
Ans: GO to Your Project Work space open .setting folder Delete all file of .setting folder. after you can compile now there is no error Like Heap space Enjoy :)
I tried all the solutions here as well, while still getting the same error and the reason eclipse was trying to open the .hprof file as a text file due to wrong or unknown file type / editor association.
Solution: Right click on the file, select open with, then select Others, and select Eclipse Memory Analyzer.
Worked with 700MB dump, and worked with 2G dump on an eclipse heap of about 600M.
If you are using Mac, try running the executable inside the mat.app 'folder' with -data option, by which you can specify a writable path:
cd mat.app/Contents/MacOS ./MemoryAnalyzer -data <writable_path>
For my experience add in MemoryAnalyzer.ini, Xms and Xmx to the max as your materiel possibilities. G1GC is faster and -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit is need because gc usage can be high and time consuming, and maybe -XX:+UseStringDeduplication is the key to consume less memory
-vmargs -Xms8g -Xmx8g -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+UseStringDeduplication
If Memory Analyser is used from Eclipse, then edit your eclipse.ini file to increase the vm argument to -Xmx1024m or higher. This worked for me. http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/MemoryAnalyzer/FAQ#Out_of_Memory_Error_while_Running_the_Memory_Analyzer
As suggested by others, its two step simple process:-
open the MemoryAnalyzer.ini file from your MAT installation directory.
change the default -Xmx1024m to a larger size for e.g. if you have to analyze a 4GB heap dump then you can replace -Xmx1024m with -Xmx5g or -Xmx6g
For more details refer:- https://better-coding.com/solved-eclipse-mat-java-heap-space-error/
On OS X 11.5 (El Cap) modifying
MemoryAnalyzer.app/Contents/MacOS/MemoryAnalyzer.ini does not work! This is because it's looking for the
MemoryAnalyzer.ini in a different place.
On my computer, it was looking for:
MemoryAnalyzer.app/Contents/Eclipse/MemoryAnalyzer.ini but the real .ini file was:
In order for your changes to take effect, copy the existing
.ini file into the new location.
To find where MemoryAnalyzer is looking for the ini file, you can run:
sudo su cd ...MemoryAnalyzer.app/Contents/MacOS/ dtruss ./MemoryAnalyzer 2>&1 | grep ini
Solution for same issue for Memory Analyzer plugin in Eclipse in MAC OS X El Capitan.
I was facing the same issue but with the eclipse plugin and I did not have any Memory Analyzer App in Applications Folder. The solution which worked for me was:
- Right Click on Eclipse icon and select Show Package Content.
- Go to Contents>Eclipse
- Open Eclipse.ini
- Change value -Xmx1024m to -Xmx2048m
- Restart Eclipse
Note that on OS X, to increase the memory allocated to MAT, you need to right-click
mat.app and show the package contents. The
MemoryAnalyzer.ini file is under
The problem is that Eclipse Memory Analyser does not have enough heap space to open the Heap dump file.
You can solve the problem as follows:
change the default
-Xmx1024mto a larger size
- Eclipse Memory Analyser,but always shows An internal error occurred?
- Why eclipse always occur an error "An internal error occurred during: "Notifying selection listeners". java.lang.StackOverflowError"
- JUnit4 + Eclipse "An internal error occurred during Launching"
- An internal error occurred during: "Updating indexes".Java heap space during eclipse start up?
- Eclipse - An internal error occurred during: "Compute launch button tooltip"
- An internal error occurred during "Initializing Java Tooling." in Eclipse on startup
- Getting 'An internal error occurred during: "Compacting resource model".' when building a project in eclipse indigo
- JRE System Library is always unbound in Eclipse? (An internal error occurred during: "Launching Main". Model not available for helloWorld)
- eclipse An internal error occurred during: "Refreshing external folders". java.lang.NullPointerException
- An internal error occurred during: "Setting build path" in Eclipse
- An internal error occurred during: "Loading referenced grammars". eclipse
- Internal error memory limit exceeded in Eclipse
- An internal error occurred during launching testng in eclipse
- An internal error occurred during: "Compute launch button tooltip". java.lang.IllegalArgumentException with Eclipse Kepler after TestNG installation
- An internal error occurred during: "Server metrics periodic save" when starting Eclipse Oxygen
- eclipse kepler - An internal error occurred during: "JSP Index Manager: Processing Resource Events". java.lang.NullPointerException
- eclipse An internal error occurred during: "JSP Index Manager: Processing Resource Events". java.lang.NullPointerException
- Running Android projects in Eclipse has error: An internal error occurred during: "Launching InsideCarolina2". com/android/ddmlib/InstallException
- Starting activity in Android - Eclipse always shows an error
- What exactly does "An internal error occurred during: "ProjectName". null argument:" mean? Eclipse
- Eclipse - JUnit - An internal error occurred during: "Launching MyMavenModule". NullPointerException
- First time JUnit user: Why eclipse always shows error (Red indicator)
- Eclipse IDE an internal error occurred during: "Analysing projects". com/yakode/java/search/c
- Eclipse project disappearance and An internal error occurred during: "Launching ...". java.lang.NullPointerException
- spring tools 3(standalone) 3.9.14 version release An internal error occurred during: "Loading Spring static imports into Eclipse code assist favorite
- PIL works for eclipse but not for Pycharm. It always shows a moduleNotFound error
- Eclipse : An error occurred while filtering resources
- An internal error occurred during: "Updating Maven Project". java.lang.NullPointerException
- Eclipse internal error "Polling news feeds"
- An internal error occurred during: "Updating Maven Project". Unsupported IClasspathEntry kind=4
More Query from same tag
- How to add border to button?
- Eclipse Window Activates (and moves window to active linux workspace) when Debugger Breakpoint Hit
- Why use many sub-projects and dependencies over packages?
- Eclipse : Element type "Context" must be declared
- add selection listener to the rows of the jface tableviewer table without allowing multiple selection
- strange behaviour of the Eclipse
- classLoader.getResource() works in Eclipse but returns null when deployed
- where can I find httpsURLConnection source code?
- C++ Eclipse debugger: "Cannot find bounds of current function" and doesn't stop at breakpoints
- Unresolved symbols NewShortArray and SetShortArrayRegion
- Where are the OpenCV libraries?
- Importing DLL into Eclipse Java project
- How to automatically "Add native support" to Android project created from existing source?
- Android ADT Eclipse install errors
- Build Steps for Makefile Project in Eclipse
- Glassfish server can not run html page in Eclipse
- How to Create an Android Application with Eclipse
- Eclipse CDT -- How to map Linux path's to Windows paths?
- Eclipse: Make CTRL+. and CTRL+, ignore warnings
- Customizing Subclipse's commit action to run sonar analysis
- eclipse oxygen + weblogic 18.104.22.168 - new server runtime environment
- How to open Exo Platform in Eclipse
- QueryDsl maven plugin missing a class
- Eclipse: Feature Category does not appear in update site
- SprintBoot: getting whitelabel page error when trying to hit api in Springboot
- android activity restarted when orientation changes
- Cannot add API properly in eclipse
- Less known but useful features in Eclipse
- Why does Tomcat require multiple server cleans after mvn clean install?
- why can't I set up a breakpoint in eclipse?