yeah, this is an old question, but i have a better solution: what about f3? and ctrl + o is what windows users are looking for.
simply hitting f3 by placing cursor on the function name will work for windows users.
simple 2 ways to function declarations:
way 1: ( whole workspace )
ctrl + left click the function calling place.
way 2: ( within the same page )
press ctrl + f to find dialog window and type n function_name and search.
these will redirect to function definition
if the method in question is on an interface, then using quick outline or f3 to jump to the definition will only take you to the interface definition. this isn't often what i want. instead i hit, on my mac, cmd + t on the method to get a quick type hierarchy. from the type hierarchy you can go to the implementation of the method.
quick and dirty is to use ctrl+shift+up/down, which jumps between members (methods, variables) in java.
i use momentics, so i'm not sure if this is in eclipse or in momentics plugin, but if it is eclipse i think this is exactly what you need: ctrl + shift + t.
press ctrl + left mouse button on the name your function. eclipse will open the clicked file with this function automatically.
not sure if this is exactly what you want, but if you ctrl + h, that'll bring up the search dialog. the default option (for me, using the java ee perspective) is a java search. i can type in the method name, and then select the 'method' radio button under the search for block. note that the default option (again, for me) for the 'limit to' block was the 'references' radio button. i had to change that to 'all occurences' in order to see the method declaration, and not just callers.
this is an old question, but for the sake of people googling this, ctrl + o opens the code outline search, which is what you were looking for.
- Eclipse keyboard shortcut: goto function name
- Eclipse shortcut to find function name
- What's the Eclipse keyboard shortcut to select the variable name / to expand the selection?
- Eclipse copy/paste entire line keyboard shortcut
- Keyboard shortcut to "untab" (move a block of code to the left) in eclipse / aptana?
- Eclipse keyboard shortcut to indent source code to the left?
- What is the keyboard shortcut to go to a file in Eclipse on Mac OS X?
- Is there a keyboard shortcut in Eclipse to fold the current method/block?
- What is the keyboard shortcut for method suggestions in Eclipse on Mac OS X?
- Redo keyboard shortcut for Eclipse
- what's the keyboard shortcut to toggle breakpoint in pydev using eclipse
- Keyboard shortcut synchronization with Eclipse and IDEA?
- Assigning a keyboard shortcut for a specific Eclipse build configuration
- Keyboard shortcut to navigate to next/previous search match in eclipse for java
- Unbind F1 'Help' keyboard shortcut in eclipse
- How do I compile my code in Eclipse using keyboard shortcut key
- Eclipse Duplicate line keyboard shortcut on MAC
- Keyboard shortcut to place tasktags in Eclipse
- Eclipse keyboard shortcut to an Ant task?
- Eclipse Terminate Keyboard Shortcut
- How to add a keyboard shortcut to the Team->Add command in eclipse
- Add Watch Expression in Eclipse using keyboard shortcut
- keyboard shortcut for showing proposal table for solving errors using Eclipse
- Eclipse IDE search a function with given name
- Eclipse MAC - Comment / Uncomment - keyboard shortcut
- Eclipse keyboard shortcut for passing a parameter to a method
- Visual Studio equivalent to Eclipse keyboard shortcut Alt Shift L
- Keyboard shortcut for Run As -> Android JUnit Test in Eclipse
- Where can I set the Eclipse C++ Function Name Style?
- Keyboard shortcut for Revisions > Hide Revision Information in Eclipse
More Query from same tag
- Eclipse giving "weird" error concerning opencv
- error warning symbol while creating project
- Cannot find /js/highcharts.js in GWT project
- Eclipse EditorPart save on partDeactivated
- Eclipse RCP and RAP customizable table control
- Debug tomEE on IntelliJ
- Show std:string content in Eclipse
- Extending Eclipse Debug Functionality
- Cannot deploy using Apache Tomcat but deploying with Eclipse works
- Error in Android project name in Eclipse
- Changing the size for my applet also in eclipse "run as applet"
- How do I fix Javadoc that no longer autofills/autocompletes?
- Trying to create a batch file for maven project
- Eclipse error while running android emulator
- R.java not getting generated in new project eclipse
- add data in ontology with owl api using html form in eclipse
- Android: Eclipse - Not showing exceptions
- Graphical layout broken
- eclipse: explicitly saving project / workspace
- how to associate android xml resources to default editor in eclipse?
- Spring application returning empty JSON
- button click does not change the textview value
- java web appliaction save image on project folder
- Adding in a python module to the sys.path for a Java project in pydev, Eclipse
- Recovering Unsaved changes - Eclipse
- Grails 2.2.0 Support in Eclipse
- g++: fatal error: -fuse-linker-plugin, but liblto_plugin-0.dll not found
- PreferencePage or FieldEditorPreferencePage
- Error on Eclipse Android App
- The barchart(jfreechart) is displayed as small icon on a composite in a view of Eclipse RCP plugin