This indeed seems to be an issue when Eclipse is run with Java 11. I have created Bug 539545 to report this.
In the meantime, you can work around this issue by disabling news feed polling. To do so, go to Preferences... -> General -> News, and untick the Enable automatic news polling option:
The error window will no longer appear.
Turning off the news feed does solve this problem (Per @Pyves, unchecking "Enable automatic news polling" from Preferences-> General -> News), but be aware that you may get other issues because of the too-new JDK. Noga Rotman just spent several hours working out for me that Eclipse not being able to find JUnit, even though it was installed and correctly on the classpath, was because of using the new JDK (the one that is causing these same issues).
You can solve the underlying issue by uninstalling your current version of the JDK and installing an old version, then reinstalling Eclipse. If you have the Oracle JDK you can find uninstall instructions here and and Java SE Development Kit 8u191 (which fixed my issues) is here.
This is caused by the http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/320 - which is removal of Java EE and CORBA Modules from the standard Java 11 version.
As mentioned by @Pyves, the simple way would be unchecking "Enable automatic news polling" from the Preferences-> General -> News
But if you still need this, you can install "javax.*" bundles from the eclipse orbit repository. Here is the latest stable repo url: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20180905201904/repository
- Eclipse internal error "Polling news feeds"
- Eclipse Memory Analyser,but always shows An internal error occurred?
- Eclipse internal error while initializing Java tooling
- JUnit4 + Eclipse "An internal error occurred during Launching"
- An internal error occurred during: "Updating indexes".Java heap space during eclipse start up?
- Eclipse - An internal error occurred during: "Compute launch button tooltip"
- An internal error occurred during "Initializing Java Tooling." in Eclipse on startup
- Eclipse has an internal error during Launching
- Getting 'An internal error occurred during: "Compacting resource model".' when building a project in eclipse indigo
- How do I disable news polling in eclipse for all workspaces in one shot?
- Eclipse Internal error makes it impossible to use git
- "An internal error occurred" when trying to commit to git from eGit in Eclipse
- Eclipse Android Package Refactoring Fails - Internal Error
- Eclipse internal error
- Eclipse internal compiler error
- Internal Error in Eclipse
- Periodic workspace save internal error eclipse
- eclipse An internal error occurred during: "Refreshing external folders". java.lang.NullPointerException
- An internal error occurred during: "Setting build path" in Eclipse
- Eclipse JSDT: internal error NoClassDefFoundError: jdk/nashorn/internal/runtime/ECMAException
- Internal error during "Initialize Java Debug Session" on Eclipse
- An internal error occurred during: "Loading referenced grammars". eclipse
- Internal error memory limit exceeded in Eclipse
- An internal error occurred during launching testng in eclipse
- An internal error occurred during: "Compute launch button tooltip". java.lang.IllegalArgumentException with Eclipse Kepler after TestNG installation
- An internal error occurred during: "Server metrics periodic save" when starting Eclipse Oxygen
- Error launching eclipse : An internal error occured during initializing java tooling
- eclipse kepler - An internal error occurred during: "JSP Index Manager: Processing Resource Events". java.lang.NullPointerException
- eclipse An internal error occurred during: "JSP Index Manager: Processing Resource Events". java.lang.NullPointerException
- ubuntu eclipse lampp stack php internal server error
More Query from same tag
- How to exclude classes from the coverage calculation in EclEmma without actually excluding them from the coverage itself
- vServer Linux - Start jar: Invalid or corrupt jarfile
- Eclipse: How remove trailing white spaces on all lines for a non Java file?
- Eclipse PDT Builder - What is it? How can I disable it?
- Eclipse shows false semantic errors in cocos2d-x inline functions (ccc3 / ccc4)
- Why won't this simple c programme compile?
- Is there a way for Eclipse to run Java unit tests in the same way a unix (TeamCity) build host can? org.junit.ComparisonFailure issue
- Is there a good quality interface "painter" for Android on Eclipse
- Installing another Eclipse on Mac
- The system cannot find the path specified (MANIFEST.MF)
- How to run Eclipse Oxygen on Mac OS X 10.7.5
- Eclipse running 64-bit Python, rather than 32-bit
- Eclipse - how to get multi-lines as a group in regex?
- No suitable Driver found in production and not in eclipse
- plugin - feature - update site
- How to utilize a switch statement in this instance?
- Eclipse: import multiple gradle git projects
- Removing the title bar make the entire app background look black
- Trying to switch editor input from within setInput()
- How to have an object/class tell me what jar file it is from
- PyDev: Fatal error Python32\lib\io.py, line 60, in <module>
- Debugging with Eclipse using multiple windows
- Where is the location for putting SQLite db file in JAVA project?
- Java wildcard generic problem: Compiler assumes different types for same object
- Android: eclipse workspace takes a long time to build?
- "Could not resolve archetype" error on Maven at Eclipse Oxygen while creating project
- Eclipse Project import Error
- Changing classpath in Eclipse
- Authentication client-server in Eclipse Milo
- NullPointerException in Eclipse debug view right after connecting android device