had the same 27% problem with an emulator. it only got fixed after i deleted the avd and recreated it, so this is very likely device/emulator related (and furthermore restarting the adb did not fix the problem).
found this over at project pages as issue #21073, answered by benpar:
update: this scenario can also be avoided if the avd emulator is launched from the avd manager within eclipse. the issue happens when launching the first emulator from the run button in eclipse.
- start eclipse
- window -> avd manager
- start an emulator
- run the project
for me it was the adb which had hung. no amount of quitting either eclipse or the emulator had any effect.
- terminate the emulator
- terminate the adb, (i simply killed its process using task manager.
- start the emulator again, (also causes the adb to restart)
- run your program
it should no longer get stuck.
i was using samsung galaxy to run the app. i wasted a lot of time in running app but it was not launching and i had to restart eclipse every time. for me, i just follow these steps and there was no problem any more
- removed my device from my pc
- run the app
- when it asks for attach your device or create avd.
- i reconnect my device and select for output.
- finally i resolved the issue
i got the solution of this problem bit silly one. what i did was started emulator from one instance of eclipse.. closed eclipse. closing eclipse wont stop the emulator. now re-launch eclipse. now run your application in the emulator already running.
very annoying problem. i was having to close down eclipse and the emulator and then start up again which became time consuming. came here and read what anna lear and vinay posted. worked! i think in my case this problem happened because i exited eclipse while the emulator was still running. to correct, as anna and vinay posted, do this...
make sure eclipse and emulator are shut down, then...
- start elipse
- start emulator
- quit eclipse (do not quit the emulator)
- start eclipse
- now run your program (should load 100% and not get stuck)
to get further information, try installing and launching the application from the command line outside of eclipse. you'll find your .apk in the /bin folder of your project, then use:
adb install -r <projectname>.apk
it may work and if not, you may get better information about the cause of the error. my experience with eclipse has shown that it can be finicky at times and this should help you isolate the issue.
i had the same stuck at 27% problem. unplugging the device and plugging it back in fixed it.
i've found that the quickest way is to check with the android debug bridge on the command line. sometimes all it takes is stopping and starting the adb server. that is:
will stop the server. then:
that should do it. check the attached devices ( but it's not necessary )
and it lists the devices attached.
then go back to eclipse and start debugging again.
this can also be done in the devices view through eclipse.
i also had this problem when running an application in the emulator. make sure the emulator is running before launching the app and you wont have this issue.
- Eclipse gets stuck when trying to launch Android app
- Eclipse launch error when trying to run an Android app
- eclipse gets stuck when trying to launch static web on local host
- Google app engine endpoints for android suddenly not working when trying to launch in eclipse
- Error "Invalid resource directory name" when trying to create android app with phonegap in eclipse
- Eclipse "Permission denied" error when trying to launch app
- Eclipse android app crashes when launch on emulator
- Eclipse - break on user code when unhandled exception is raised on Android App
- Stop Eclipse from opening Logcat when running an Android app
- Android App is crashing when installing through Eclipse
- Exception trying to execute Android App from Eclipse To Android Studio
- NullPointerException thrown in Eclipse when trying to open Android XML view?
- Getting "Launch error: Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection timed out" when trying to debug my app on my device in android
- "Source not found" when debugging android app using Eclipse
- Eclipse to Android show app icons for each class when deployed
- Eclipse ClassCastException when trying to expand XML layout for Android
- Android app name not changed in status bar when launching in eclipse
- Can I configure Eclipse to run my Android app project when I run from my Android library?
- A lot of error when create new project in eclipse for Android App
- JVM terminates with exit code 14 when trying to launch Eclipse
- Error when trying to load Android 1.6 virtual device from eclipse
- Project errors when creating an Android app in Eclipse Luna
- Why does xalan.jar crash eclipse when deploying android app
- Eclipse gets "IWAB0014E Unexpected exception occurred." when I'm trying create a soap client
- How to fix the nullpointerexception that comes up in Eclipse when trying to open an Android XML file?
- Eclipse does not launch the Android emulator and won't install app
- Get a warning from eclipse when trying to compile a dev app to production?
- Eclipse keeps removing my .so libraries when the Android App Launches
- Trying to develop Android app in Eclipse that uses Spotify APIs
- Unable to launch app on Android 7.1.2 through appium in eclipse
More Query from same tag
- Can't create a subversion repository with Eclipse 3.4.0, svn 1.5.1
- Java java.lang.StackOverflowError on New Class Object Creation: possible recursion?
- How to compile LESS into CSS when files are saved in Eclipse
- Tomcat and Eclipse Galileo
- How to generate AST using Xtext and Xtend?
- Auto-open perspective
- How to insert a sheet to Google spreadsheet in a specified location using java
- Not able to select the item from the Drop Down Using Selenium Webdriver
- MediaPlayer.create cannot be resolved to a type
- Etat HTTP 500 - "Servlet.init()" pour la servlet AxisServlet a généré une exception
- Falied to load the JNI shared library
- Compile different languages on Eclipse
- Enable context-sensitive help in Eclipse
- Values not showing up during debugging in eclipse PDT
- Maven: add external jar folder to classpath
- Appium session, could not find a connected Android device. Shows error
- eclipse: remote debugging a tomcat server behind a firewall
- Eclipse - Convert to Maven project
- Java cucumber - Error: Could not find or load main class cucumber.api.cli.Main
- Eclipse gradle integration
- Ant use old jdk - how to change it?
- Strange Javax.measure.quantity.Length Bound Mismatch
- Eclipse: WARNING: Unknown device API version
- How do I "Show Documentation" in Eclipse?
- Search and replace XML namespace prefix in XHTML+XML files in Eclipse
- Add Amazon Product Advertising API files as Dependencies in my Eclipse Project
- Getting the following error " The build could not read 1 project and Non resolvablle parent error" when down mvn clean install
- Maven Update Project Configuration issue
- Bugs found by FindBugs plugin Eclipse
- installing ADT plugin 17