Updated eclipse.ini file with key value property -Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.7 (or) 1.8 whichever applicable. - it works for me.
eclipse.ini file with key-value property
because, that is my JAVA version.
JRE 1.8 as my project library
Have you actually downloaded and installed one of the milestone builds from https://jdk7.dev.java.net/ ?
You can have a play with the features, though it's not stable so you shouldn't be releasing software against them.
Most of the time after the installation of Eclipse eclipse.ini is changed. If you change the jdk in eclipse.ini then eclipse will use this jdk by default.
Let's say you install a new version of Eclipse and you have forgotten to change the eclipse.ini related to the jdk. Then Eclipse finds a jdk for you. Let's say it is java 1.6 that was automatically discovered (you did nothing).
If you use maven (M2E) and you reference a 1.7 jdk then you will see the frustrating message. But normally it is not displayed because you configure the correct jdk in eclipse.ini.
That was my case. I made reference into the pom to a jdk that was not configured into Eclipse.
In the screenshot you can see that 1.7 is configured and seen by Eclipse. In this case, you should make reference into the pom to a jre that is compatible with 1.7! If not -> frustrating message!
Cause : This is common scenario when we import new project with different lib and JAR path.
I faced this issue and got resolved using exact following steps:
- Project > Properties
- Build Path > Configure Build Path
- Select "Libraries" tab
- Click "Add Library"
- Select "JRE System Library" from displayed list
- Click on "Next" followed by "Finish" button
This will point your system's proper & valid JRE path, which did thing for me. Cheers :)
1)Go to configure build path . 2)Remove unbound JRE library . 3)Add library --> JRE System library .
Then project compile and done ..
To set JDK you can watch this video : how to set JDK . Then when you'll have JDK:
- Right click on build path and select "Build Path"
- Choose "Configure Build Path"
- Click on "JRE System Library [JavaSE-1.7] (unbound)"
- Edit it
- Choose "Alternate JRE"
- Click on "Installed JREs.." button
- Press Add
- Choose to add "Standard VM"
- Choose JRE Home directory - usually it is locates in "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7" directory
- Press "Finish"
- Re-check newly appeared "Jre7": Verify that now when you edit "JRE System Library [JavaSE-1.7]" "Alternate JRE" is chosen for jre7.
1) Find out where java is installed on your drive, open a cmd prompt, go to that location and run ".\java -version" to find out the exact version. Or, quite simply, check the add/remove module in the control panel.
2) After you actually install jdk 7, you need to tell Eclipse about it. Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Installed JREs.
- Dialogflow v2 Java Client Library detectIntent with Spring Boot on Eclipse
- How to Export Java Project in Eclipse with Image Library as a jar file
- Closing a frame in Java and opening another one, with the swt library from eclipse
- How to configure Prometheus Client Library for Java in Eclipse project with Maven
- How to downgrade Java from 9 to 8 on a MACOS. Eclipse is not running with Java 9
- "Unresolved inclusion" error with Eclipse CDT for C standard library headers
- How to add native library to "java.library.path" with Eclipse launch (instead of overriding it)
- Eclipse: Frustration with Java 1.7 (unbound library)
- How to run Eclipse with different Java version?
- How to create the pom.xml for a Java project with Eclipse
- jQuery Autocompletion with Eclipse Juno Java EE
- Adding a JAR to an Eclipse Java library
- How do I make a Java library with Eclipse?
- Invoking Java main method with parameters from Eclipse
- Java Dynamic Web project with Maven and Eclipse
- "duplicate entry" error when exporting Java project to JAR with Eclipse
- Debug Android library project with java source code
- Unable to debug in Java with eclipse
- Run Ant on Eclipse Mars with Java 1.6
- Java reverse engineering with Papyrus Software Designer in Eclipse Version: Neon.3 (4.6.3)
- Possible to rename multiple Java packages in Eclipse with a single command?
- Setup Java 6 annotation processing configuration for eclipse compiler with maven
- Watch expression doesnt show value in eclipse with java
- Java RESTful Web Service Tutorial with Eclipse and Jetty
- Problem with Java Buildpath in Eclipse
- Create a java executable with Eclipse
- apache tomcat 9.x not working with eclipse & Java 10.0.1
- Clean and build an Eclipse java project with one click
- Error with parsing Android sdk content and initializing java tooling in eclipse
- Automatically generate Java from .proto with maven/m2e in Eclipse IDE
More Query from same tag
- using googletest in eclipse: how?
- eclipse blame feature
- Issues downloading Eclipse ADT bundle
- how to share user libraries across multiple systems without exporting and importing
- Launch Failed: Binary Not Found
- The attribute lookup is undefined for the annotation type Resource
- How to get element by ID in PDE?
- HTML not showing in App built with Eclipse and Phonegap
- What version of C++ am I using?
- Android: Eclipse won't open
- Building multiple binaries within one Eclipse project
- org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference when tomcat server run in eclipse
- Eclipse not responding in windows 8
- How to generate hashCode() and equals() for a package in eclipse?
- notepad eclipse java android internal storage
- WSO2 Developer studio AS 3.8.0 / Developer Studio EI 1.1.0 - Confused
- Eclipse no longer opens
- Can't run Robotium on Android Studio with only APK
- BIRT: Java - eventhandler, loaction of the files
- i can't test the android wear sdk
- How to set jar file path to project web-inf/lib in .classpath file
- Solving math expressions using java
- What is meant by "elementData" and  while debugging Eclipse IDE?
- Problems with executing code in Eclipse
- Eclipse Checkstyle - The following solutions are not available checkstyle plug-in 7.3.0
- What is android.R import , If i import it their is an error if i don't every thing works fine . Android
- Operation not supported for specified element type
- How can I fix encoding issues with MySql's JSON and Java?
- Error starting modern compiler
- How to change build path on PyDev