bug 58945: ctabfolder should support multi row and vertical style options, opened since 2004! (other bugs exist on the same topic)
(update feb. 2017: it seems to be assigned, with oxygen 4.7 as target!
thank you specializt for mentioning that in the comments)
ctrl+f6 is one workaround for now.
other "workarounds" are listed in this thread:
- turn on the "close editors automatically" option (preferences > general > editors), which will close editors automatically when the limit is reached an a new editor is to be opened.
- make use of multiple windows each with a set of editors for areas you are editing or browsing or searching
- ctrl+shift+w to close all tabs quickly
someone made a workaround here: "eclipse multiple tab rows"
i've discovered that while it is true that you cannot have multiple rows of tabs for the same code-space, it is possible to have multiple rows of tabs showing on your window at the same time:
to accomplish this, simply drag a tab up to your title bar and release. it will create another row of tabs.
as far as i know, there is neither such setting nor plug-in (at least freely available). but if there is, i'd like to be corrected.
the open-editor plugin does it. but it has issue.
i found this plugin, which lists all open windows in a separate tab, and lets you open windows with a single click:
ctrl+shift+e gives a nice dialog with all open windows. ctrl+e gives the "quick" version of this dialog.
- Display Eclipse tabs on several lines
- How to display dotted lines in eclipse project explorer?
- eclipse : Changing tabs to spaces in edited lines
- Eclipse "Quick Access" to display recent tabs first?
- Eclipse count lines of code
- Highlighting modified lines in Eclipse
- Eclipse tabs repositionning
- Very large tabs in Eclipse panes on Ubuntu
- Can you save groups of tabs in Eclipse so you can open them later?
- Replace spaces with tabs using Eclipse
- Does Eclipse have a way to alphabetically sort lines within a selection of text?
- Eclipse formatter adds space in empty comment lines
- How do I display a byte array as an array of hex bytes or unsigned decimal numbers in the Eclipse Java debugger?
- Eclipse auto-formatter, disable auto line-wrapping of comment lines
- How to display console.log() output in PhoneGap app using Eclipse and HTC Desire HD?
- How can I make hidden files display in Eclipse Project explorer when using a RSE linked folder?
- eclipse xml editor inserts tabs for spaces
- Is it possible to colour code the editor tabs in eclipse by project?
- How to Display Current Function in Eclipse
- How can I get Eclipse to insert tabs instead of spaces for Java content assist?
- Gigantic Tabs in Eclipse on Ubuntu
- How can I get eclipse to wrap lines after a period instead of before
- Removing new lines before empty blocks in Eclipse
- view tabs in eclipse
- Eclipse Juno slow to switch tabs in editor
- Eclipse multi-line indent uses tabs instead of spaces (pydev)
- Run Junit-Tests from several projects conveniently fast in Eclipse
- Tabs in eclipse becoming invisible
- Eclipse Pydev: Run selected lines of code
More Query from same tag
- Why is Eclipse launch sluggish after Worklight 6.1.0.01 upgrade?
- Freshly checked out program, won't let me update because of Checkout Conflict
- Custom Edit Text Pointer Position
- Handling external C/C++ code libraries in a Github repository
- android eclipse unable to execute dex java heap space error
- Why i cannot import java.util.Date.* package in eclipse IDE
- No editor in Eclipse to open Java files with?
- PyDev interpreter indication within USB drive
- Website directory structure different from eclipse
- Eclipse: the import javacard cannot be resolved
- Eclipse 2019-03 regarding Java modules and maven
- selenium webdriver later than 2.29.1 not working in maven
- How do I get Eclipse to ignore errors in WSDL file?
- Eclipse with TFS plugin - endless login loop
- OMA: LwM2M server architecture and resources?
- The maven dependencies are not added to the jar in eclipse
- Eclipse Color Theme is not working
- what is the difference between eclipse Touchpoint Instruction Advices?
- Eclipse + PyDev + Django 1.4 - Template directory problems
- Eclipse Gradle Integration not working
- Section Header using Android XML?
- How to remove Checkstyle info (wrong order for import org.apache.log4j.Logger)
- How to set up an Android project with Eclipse Juno
- Unable to load main-class for jar file
- Easier way to collaborate with eclipse and GIT?
- Why flashing Arduino Leonardo clone from Eclipse C++ IDE for Arduino is failing?
- Exported runnable Java program does not work with main method
- Spring application returning empty JSON
- Linking Boost to my C++ project in Eclipse
- How To Parse XML Respond Of Web Service In Andorid