i fixed this problem by following the solution to this other stackoverflow question
i had the same problem. i fixed it by adding the maven archetype catalog to eclipse. steps are provided below: (please note the https protocol)
- open window > preferences
- open maven > archetypes
- click 'add remote catalog' and add the following:
- catalog file: https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/archetype-catalog.xml
- description: maven catalog
you will need to install the m2eclipse or any other maven plugin in your eclipse. some eclipse come with maven and its plugins installed. otherwise go to help->software install, select all sites, filter list with maven, and then install the plugin. then look at this link. hope it helps.
first things first, you have to install maven on your workstation. you need also to install m2e, what you obviously did. not all distributions of juno have it pre-installed.
then configure your eclipse so it can find your maven install. in the menu window -> preferences, then open the maven section. in your right panel, you have a list of the maven installations eclipse knows. add your installation and select it instead of the embedded maven provided with m2e. don't forget to set the "global settings from installation directory" field with the path to the settings.xml of your maven installation.
which leads us to the settings.xml. if the above doesn't solve your problem, you will have to configure your maven. more infos here.
i was getting similar error while creating web-app in eclipse and resolved the problem just by cleaning (deleting all files from) and rebuilding the maven repository
it is also possible that your settings.xml file defined in maven/conf folder defines a location that it cannot access
this might sound silly, but make sure the "offline" checkbox in maven settings is unchecked. i was trying to create a project and got this error until i noticed the checkbox.
goto preferences: -> maven click 'add remote catalog' file: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/archetype-catalog.xml desc: catalog
click windows-> preferences->maven. uncheck "offline" check box. this was not able to download archetype which i was using. when i uncheck it, everything worked smooth.
we can see the origin of the problem : connection refused: connect
i have already do this :
1) window -> preferences -> general -> network connections. i put in manual with the url and port of my proxy for http protocol. it works because before this, spring tool suite did not want to update. after, it's okay.
2) window -> preferences -> maven -> user settings. in global settings, is empty. in user settings, i put the path to settings.xml. in this file, i have :
you can resolve it by configuring settings.xml in eclipse.
go to window --> preferences --> maven --> user settings --> select the actual path of settings.xml
maven_home environment variable, edit your path to include
%maven_home%/bin then try creating the project manually with maven:
mvn archetype:generate -dgroupid=com.program -dartifactid=program -darchetypeartifactid=maven-archetype-webapp -dinteractivemode=false
then import the existing maven project to eclipse.
i found the easiest way was to just remove/delete the .m2 folder and recreate it, putting back your settings.xml configuration details(if applicable).
adding the following inside "mirrors" section in the user setting.xml file worked for me.
assuming that you have your proxy settings correct, you may have missed out pointing eclipse to the intended
settings.xml file. this happens often when you have both maven installed as a snap in, and an external installation outside eclipse. you need to tell eclipse which maven installation it should use, and which settings.xml file it should be looking for.
first check that the settings.xml file contains your proxy settings.
next, check that the user settings.xml file here contains your proxy settings.
if you have made any changes, restart eclipse.
- Create a Maven project in Eclipse complains "Could not resolve archetype"
- Eclipse Java EE New Maven Project: Could not resolve archetype
- Eclipse Maven Project could not resolve dependencies
- maven project Could not resolve archetype
- Could not create servlet in web application project (google app engine) by using eclipse
- Create Maven project, could not resolve archetype, connection refused
- "Could not resolve archetype" error on Maven at Eclipse Oxygen while creating project
- not able to create maven project in eclipse juno
- Error: Could not find or load main class ... - Maven project out of Eclipse
- Could not resolve dependencies for maven project
- Eclipse not using the lastest snapshot in maven archetype project creation
- Maven project can not be created in Eclipse Neon using Archetype
- Maven - Could not resolve dependencies for project X
- Eclipse Maven Repository Browser - Could not resolve artifact
- [New maven project in eclipse on MacOS]How to solve "Could not resolve archetype..."?
- Not able to create Maven Eclipse Project
- artifacts could not be resolved error while creating Eclipse Maven project
- maven could not resolve project dependencies?
- Eclipse - Not able to create maven-archetype-webapp Maven project
- Unable to create project from archetype using playn eclipse and maven
- "string could not resolved" error in Eclipse for C++ (Eclipse can't resolve standard library)
- Cannot create Maven Project in eclipse
- Maven project not being treated as Java in Eclipse
- Maven does not add classpath to Eclipse project
- Eclipse faceted project metadata file could not be read
- How to create Jar file from Maven project in eclipse
- Create complete EAR Project with Maven and Eclipse Helios
- create eclipse groovy-java project with maven
- eclipse maven error: Archive for required library in project cannot be read or is not a valid ZIP file
- Import maven project in eclipse - folder structure not as expected
More Query from same tag
- Eclipse content assist, only confirm suggestion on return
- Eclipse JDT: Is there a keyboard shortcut for opening new editor panes?
- Code Completion for Nightwatch.js in Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA or WebStorm
- How do I upgrade from CDI1.0 to CDI 1.1
- Eclipse deploys content of WebContent folder to WEB-INF folder.
- "No resource found and References on non existing library" in Eclipse
- Java println inserting extra new line
- In Eclipse there's an exclamation point next to the file folders in the packages pane. How should i fix this?
- Getting error in Eclipse: syntax error on token start identifier expected
- How do I create new java project in eclipse EE?
- Change value of string array at debug eclipse
- How to add android SDK to eclipse project?
- Exposing getter and setter from member with eclipse
- Java Properties File in Eclipse
- Changes to myApp.js files are reverted back to normal when the project is build - Cocos2dx
- Cofoja : error: error in contract: package com.google.java.contract does not exist
- How to display parameters of an arraylist into a listview
- How to hide .svn folder in Eclipse and not show empty packages?
- Cannot invoke toString() on the primitive type double
- Eclipse - Method Suggestion Issues
- Where does eclipse save the classpath variables values?
- Format conditional statements according to precedence in IntelliJ IDEA
- End application from class library project
- Gradle creates broken start scripts. How to fix?
- Android CalendarView class cannot be found
- java eclipse import errors referring to swing, awt
- Modify the makefile to include subdirectories
- How to resolve separate packages in eclipse 2020?
- add selection listener to the rows of the jface tableviewer table without allowing multiple selection
- Axis2 is not working properly