in the eclipse preferences for the maven plugin, there is a check box for
open xml page in the pom editor by default. its exact location varies by plugin version.
in these versions of eclipse:
- click window → preferences
- expand maven
- click user interface
- check open xml page in the pom editor by default
- click apply and close
poms will open in source view by default.
in these versions of eclipse:
checking the check box "open xml page in the pom editor by default" will open the pom editor but this will not automatically select the second tab - "source". you still have to click at the bottom on the "source" tab. by default, the pom editor opens the first tab - "design". the pom editor will remember the last tab you clicked, so if you clicked on source the second time you open it it will show the source tab.
eclipse version: oxygen.3a release (4.7.3a) build id: 20180405-1200 , ubuntu 16.04
in eclipse indigo preferences>maven>user interface there is a check box for open xml page in the pom editor by default". uncheck it. (the feature can be broken as it is on my eclipse)
eclipse juno / mars:
go to window > preferences > maven > user interface
check open xml page in the pom editor by default
like damien suspected, my
window>preferences>maven>user interface option to open poms in the maven pom editor automatically was indeed broken. here's how i fixed it (juno):
window>preferences>general>editors>file associations. in the upper right area click add..., type "pom.xml", then ok.
then click on the new entry pom.xml in the upper list, and in the lower list click on maven pom editor, then click the default button on the right.
click ok and then double click your pom.xml file in project explorer and it should open in the maven pom editor.
bonus: the ctrl+shift+f formatting does a sweet job of formatting poms in the maven editor. the default xml editor's formatting is pretty bad for poms, which have attribute-free tags.
- Configuring Maven 2 POM Editor to open pom.xml files in source mode
- How to make XML files always open in the text editor rather than the XML editor?
- With maven - clean package, xml source files are not included in classpath
- Eclipse Indigo XML editor doesn't open proper XML files with other extensions
- How to update the maven version without pom backup files
- How to get XML keyboard shortcuts working in maven POM editor?
- Multiple pom files for a maven project
- Eclipse fails to open .vue files in Web Page Editor
- Eclipse + maven can't open POM even though it exists
- Could not open the editor. Android XML Editor cannot process this input
- Eclipse is missing Graphical Layout and Source tabs when editing Android XML files
- In Eclipse, how do I limit the Open Type shortcut to only show source files in my current project
- Associate XML files with the Eclipse XML editor
- Set default editor for Android XML files
- Why is it so slow to open XML files in Eclipse editor?
- Cannot open XML files in Graphical Layout: FakeAdapter cannot be cast to BaseAdapter
- why xml files in eclipse project's source directory is not copied to target/classes directory?
- How to define source folder order in maven pom file?
- No editor in Eclipse to open Java files with?
- Eclipse wont open Android Xml files
- Android ADT plugin fails to open XML files on Eclipse
- GWT Maven - webapp files getting deleted when running in dev mode
- Eclipse - Can't View or Open Java files in Package Explorer to Editor
- Eclipse Maven Error: org.apache.maven.plugin.jar.JarMojo error from pom editor
- How to open a xml file with my editor in eclipse plugin development?
- Configuring Maven in Eclipse to work with Java source level 7
- How should I add licence information to maven project and its source files
- Android Common XML Editor opened without graphical and source on Eclipse
- Maven project with java and groovy source folders, how to denote in POM
- How to get the list of files open in active eclipse editor window in eclipse?
More Query from same tag
- Eclipse on an Android Tablet?
- Eclipse workspace crashes on startup
- Replacing XML file at runtime on android
- Eclipse plugin. Resolve variable + dynamic variables - doesn't work
- How to remove error "unresolved inclusion" for user defined path in eclipse IDE
- Cannot get Eclipse IDE to run
- What is wrong with this bubble sort algorithm I created?
- How to read multiple same objects from a file
- Data property value extraction from an instance of an ontology
- "Forbidden" Response when trying to access localhost:8080 - Spring, Maven, Eclipse, Hibernate, WildFly
- Does Eclipse have a bean builder UI for JavaBeans components?
- How to get my Android project from one computer to the other?
- Eclipse move the cursor left/right/up/down without using arrow keys
- Cannot import maven project in eclipse due to error
- com.sun.proxy.$Proxy0 cannot be cast to
- OSGi bundle error : Access restriction for org.slf4j
- What does "Object" mean in E temp = (E) new Object[capacity]
- Eclipse CDT: force indexing conditionally compiled code
- MyEclipse builds workspace on saving JSP page every time
- opencv stitching code showing error when ported with ndk in eclipse for android App
- Vert.x - java.lang.IllegalStateException: No language implementation known for prefix D
- what's the .Rtr file for R session log?
- Eclipse Plugin Project with JGit implementation
- Android java using Eclipse math, I don't know why simple math is coming up with wrong result?
- Replicate Eclipse's "display tab" in my Java/Swing application?
- Publishing of JS files on tomcat in eclipse
- Read HDFS files in eclipse
- Print/Copy LogCat output with the color highlighting?
- setFocus() always false
- How to visible/invisible launcher icon in android?