two more general-purpose mechanisms for fixing some of eclipse's idiosyncrasies:
- close and open the project
- delete the project (but not from disk!) and reimport it as an existing project
failing that, bugs.eclipse.org might provide the answer.
if the workspace is caching something broken, you may be able to delete it by poking around in workspace/.metadata/.plugins. most of that stuff is fairly transient (though backup and watch for deleted preferences).
- close project
- clear manually output folder(s)
- open project
(eclipse 3.5 sr2, build id: 20100218-1602)
closing the projects didn't do the trick for me. i started eclipse with the -clean flag and that worked for some reason.
i also encountered this issue recently, the below scenario worked for me.
- close eclipse
- start eclipse again
got this error to the other day. tried deleting the all .class-files and resources from my output folder manually. didn't work. restarted my computer (winxp). didn't work. closed my project in eclipse and opened it again. worked!!! hopes this solves someones problem out there. the search facilities and truly essential to eclipse.
comment #9 to bug 269820 explains how to delete the search index, which appears to be the solution to a corrupt index whose symptoms are the dreaded
an internal error occurred during: "items filtering".
class file name must end with .class
how to delete the search index:
- close eclipse
- delete <workspace>/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.core/*.index
- delete <workspace>/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.core/savedindexnames.txt
- start eclipse again
- Class file name must end with .class exception in Java Search
- How can I fix "Compilation unit name must end with .java, or one of the registered Java-like extensions"?
- Exchange class file in maven dependeny with fixed java in Eclipse
- main method with class name and file name
- Java Case Sensitivity: Class file collision: A resource exists with a different case
- eclipse file name pattern search with regular expression
- how to update a external jar with my java class file on eclipse
- How to get the full class name of the of an Java file in Eclipse?
- Cannot call Class with package name in PL file
- Why CPP file name must tally with H file name?
- Exception in thread "main" - Cannot get class with test cases to run as java application or as debugger
- Change Java class name and renaming file from "classA" to "ClassA" causes java.lang.NotClassDefFoundError
- Eclipse provides Java API browsing but how can one search Java API for a class name or member name?
- My program won't run due to error with the main method/java class file exception
- class not found exception in eclipse even though the user library containg jar file is in java build path
- While while debugging eclipse open another java file with same name
- Class not found exception in java though I have the jar file
- Code coverage in Java with EclEmma not scanning expecting exception methods
- Resolve Java Checkstyle Error: Name 'logger' must match pattern '^[A-Z][A-Z0-9]*(_[A-Z0-9]+)*$'
- eclipse search - regex finding start/end of file with carriage return
- Making executable file in Selenium WebDriver with Java
- I want debugger to open java file instead of class (from depending library)
- Eclipse IDE search a function with given name
- Export of runnable Java Class to .jar file including only required dependencies
- Exclude a folder name from Eclipse file search
- Find dead class in Java with Eclipse
- class file version 57.0, this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0
- Eclipse remove name patterns in File search
- Java Illegal class modifiers Exception code 0x209
- Getting error "self constructor arguments cannot reference unconstructed this" only if class is same name as class file
More Query from same tag
- creating jar file for java application
- SWT Problem with MouseTrackListener and Shell
- How to import Ionic project in Eclipse
- Storing Android eclipse projects in version control?
- Is there any way to change Eclipse editor navigation to Vim style?
- Eclipse run test one by one
- Java Dynamic Web Project with Eclipse
- Why can't maven plugin work with eclipse java compiler?
- Android Wear: How to integrate in existing "older App" (minSDK 2.3)
- How to implement "del" function in struts2-jquery-grid?
- Android-SDK package installation error although Eclipse & SDK manager are run as Administrator on Vista
- Hello-JNI for Android Studio
- Does JUnit have some weird 30 character length limit on the name of your class?
- Debug PHP with Eclipse?
- Eclipse code assist show me a bad documentation format
- Eclipse Neon, it doesn't import classes under sources inside the IDE
- can not detect image in java
- AWS Device Farm.How can i save the custom report being generated after the test case into my local space
- How to use the GUI of Proguard? Problems with keeping the right classes from being obfuscated
- Java compiler can not find symbol - public class in same package
- Java Eclipse (2020-09) Import launch configuration: Unhandled event loop exception
- I have the R cannot be resolved error in Eclipse and in NetBeans too
- Eclipse Oxygen with pydev has wrong index, cannot rebuild it
- How do I uninstall Android Eclipse after installing Android Studio on Windows
- Unable to download plugin for eclipse
- Compiling Default Vaadin Widgets of a Maven Project
- eclipse start up error message, how to catch it
- How to easily find/search in IDE(specially in IntelliJ), which methods returns int type and also takes string as parameter in java?
- How to make visual representation of WebStorm and Eclipse editor same