i had this same problem. here is how i solved it.
in eclipse go to
window -> preferences -> java -> editor -> content assist -> advanced
and check the boxes labeled "java proposals" and hit apply.
this solved my problem. hope it helps.
i had the same problem and none of the solutions here worked. for some reason, my scheme had changed from "default" to "emacs". so to fix it, i had to go:
preferences> general> keys and change the scheme back to default.
eclipse use "ctrl+[space]" to show the "css/html/java proposal"
here's another solution i dicovered:
i would check the other solutions listed here first and if all else fails shut down eclipse then delete the file 'org.eclipse.jdt.ui.prefs' found in the workspace directory (workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings).
seems in my case the workspace became corrupted somehow and this fixed it. haven't yet noticed any adverse effects by doing this.
go to preferences > java > editor > content assist and paste "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz." (note the dot after z) into the "auto activation triggers for java:" field. this worked for me ! now as i type i get autocomplete options
im my case was api tools proposals the option that cause my autocomplete doesn´t work, here are the 4 default options that must be checked...
api tools proposals.
swt template proposals.
the next time i must be careful when click ctrl+space =d
- autocomplete has stopped working with android sdk
- Eclipse and Android SDK stopped working
- Android application has stopped working -eclipse
- Basic android with eclipse : the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly
- Unfortunately the app has stopped working error in Android
- This Java class compiles smoothly but when I click on this when using my android phone as ADB. It says the device has stopped working
- Android has stopped working after clicking the send button
- Google Maps V2 'the application has stopped unexpectedly' on android SDK v9
- android application stopped working suddenly after adding facebook sdk
- Eclipse with Android SDK missing menu items
- 'Unsupported template dependency: Upgrade your Android Eclipse plugin' with SDK Tools v22
- Android sdk installation. Error: Invalid content was found starting with element 'd:skin'. No child element is expected at this point
- Eclipse and Android SDK issue "aapt.exe has stopped"
- What are the differences between android studio and the eclipse version bundled with android SDK
- What version of Eclipse is included with the SDK ADT bundle for Android Dev?
- Error with parsing Android sdk content and initializing java tooling in eclipse
- Eclipse Content Assist not working with Android
- aapt.exe has stopped working
- android facebook sdk v4.0 not working
- Generate class diagram Eclipse with Android SDK
- "Can't find API database; API check was not performed" in Android App SDK with Eclipse
- JDK 7 with Android SDK R13 in windows 7
- Android sdk Content Loader has encountered an issue
- Serious problems in Configuring Android SDK with Eclipse
- Why this installation fails? (Download finished with wrong size - eclipse and android SDK manager)
- Android Emulator: Unfortunately App has stopped
- my first app has stopped working error
- Invalid Key hash with Facebook Android SDK
More Query from same tag
- Clear recent apps(when long click home button)
- Setting proxy server in Eclipse Mars
- Eclipse PyDev Support Message needs Removal
- Ubuntu 16.04, gcc 6: gdb 7.11 pretty printing in Eclipse does not work
- Cant hit my API, have i the wrong URL?
- Hibernate JUnit can't find hibernate.cfg.xml
- Javadoc for Android project in Eclipse fails with NullPointerException
- Android/Eclipse Installation on Ubuntu 11.04 - aapt and adb not working properly
- Eclipse not showing code in the Java Editor perspective
- Unable to add file to index using eGit plugin (Eclipse Neon3)
- ShortCut to open last closed file in eclipse?
- How to disable Scala assertions in Eclipse?
- Remove AspectJ Content Assist suggestions after plugin uninstall
- Default configuration for Eclipse plugin test
- Android: Get Value from Grid View
- How to change the sysdate format in eclipse for queries?
- Can eclipse monitor an arbitrary log file in the Console view?
- Making a shape move back and forth using EventHandlers in Java
- Error with gradle building model
- Why won't Eclipse remember my launch configuration?
- Eclipse JavaFX - Ubuntu 19.1 - javafx Cannot be resolved
- Java I am getting an "Error: Could not find or load main class" for everything in cdm prompt Windows 7
- How does cdt build environment populate the path?
- How do I resolve duplicate property errors in this j2ee schema?
- Running Weblogic inside eclipse
- Export runnable jars from Eclipse without libraries
- Trying to create maven dynamic web project in eclipse with java and clojure
- Difference between "Bpmn2 Diagram Editor" and "BPMN2 Process Editor"
- Change Android LogCat font in Eclipse
- how does one access a picture from within a jarfile? ie what would i use for a directory string?