in eclipse, click on run in the toolbar then run configurations. select your application and click on the target tag. you can then select which avd to use or set it to manual so it asks you each time you run the app.
note that if the avd's android version is lower than the minimum api level set in the manifest, the avd will not appear in the list.
in new eclipse kepler version, right click your project, then click run as->run configurations->"target" tab, you will see all avds in the list, select one as a preferred one, then "apply" and "run"
in androidmanifest.xml, see that your minsdkversion and targetsdkversion match your device.
- Android Emulator: select AVD (Android Virtual Device) to run by default
- AVD Manager - Cannot Create Android Virtual Device
- Android Virtual Device Manager: Cannot create AVD
- Alternative to having to select device every time I run an Android application?
- Android Emulator and AVD will not run on Surface Pro
- Android / Eclispe: how to run my app on device or emulator in release mode ? (if any...)
- android eclipse emulator device not run
- Select one option from many options in drop down list in Eclipse using java when run code for the android device
- Android emulator reports unknown virtual device
- Create and run an android project without a device or emulator
- My android app runs in eclipse emulator but doesn't run on my device
- When I run mediaplayer app on android virtual device error comes saying that unfortunately my app has stopped.
- Eclipse AVD :- I cant create an Android 4.3 virtual emulator
- Titanium Studio Error: when I run the the default mobile project with Android emulator
- Android 1.5 sdk Android Virtual Device emulator errors Java Eclipse
- Android 4.3 Virtual Device CPU/ABI - No system images installed (eclipse)
- Android Emulator won't run application started from eclipse
- How do I run an Android emulator automatically from Eclipse?
- How to run app on Android Device using Eclipse?
- Trouble getting Android emulator to run in eclipse
- Error "AdbCommandRejectedException: device not found" in Eclipse using Android emulator
- An Android Virtual Device that failed to load
- AVD manager won't detect my HTC Hero phone as Virtual Device
- LibGDX HelloWorld project crashes when run on Android emulator
- Android Virtual Device super slow - pc too slow?
- I can not create an emulator in Android AVD Manager
- android virtual device manager(avd) not working in latest adt v21
- when i start eclipse and run android project, it opens a new emulator every time ,
- How to select with AVD you want use to emulate a Android Phone?
- AVD starts every time I run an Android project
More Query from same tag
- how to enable birt logging in spring sts
- xml / linearlayout not showing properly on device
- Could not open Selected VM debug port (8700)
- Spring Boot/Eclipse index.html: There was an unexpected error (type=Not Found, status=404)
- Created a frame with a button on eclipse but it won't close
- Junit testing: Significance of fail("Not yet implemented");?
- Migrating from Eclipse to AndroidStudio: Attribute has already been defined
- Robotium test case as a method
- maven does not compile in java 1.6
- Cannot run program "docker" error=2, No such file or directory
- How do you enable word-wrap by default in Eclipse?
- Can't configure Checkstyle in Maven multimodule project
- how to get all all audio files from sd card android
- Why is toString() throwing NullPointerException in Android SDK (Eclipse)?
- Java - regex to match any integer
- Eclipse with Lombok - search for getter and setter usages
- Make sure spring component is stateless
- How to simulate specific code part as if previous ones were executed
- How can I show the Problem Marker properly? It is not displayed Text Editor and Problem View
- How to export eclipse plugins as separate features and use the feature in other feature projects?
- Save the data and using it after restarting the app Android
- how to connect to a mysql database through eclipse
- Using Sphinx4 on Android
- Eclipse IDE on Mac?
- OpenDBX odbx_init blocks with gdb (eclipse)
- How to send a script path in PyDev for debugging instead of inserting settrace in the script?
- Eclipse 4 RCP application creating C editor
- Eclipse: Java, no main method found
- android eclipse problem detecting String null
- Getting Apache POI to work with Java on Eclipse - how to build