Copy the image CTRL + C then in Eclipse select drawable folder, right click -> Paste
You just need to copy/cut and paste the images into drawable folder using windows/mac file explorer
To refresh the workspace follow the steps mentioned in this question Eclipse: How do i refresh an entire workspace? F5 doesn't do it
If that does not work you might wanna restart eclispe
Try to use jpg and png , also name your image in lowercase. Then drag and drop the image in res/drawable . then go to file and click save all . close eclipse then reopen it again . That is what worked for me .
Do you want to add an image from your computer? Just right click the folder in Eclipse and click Import
When inserting an image into the drawable folders, another import point in addition to the "no capital letters" rule is that the image name cannot contain dashes or other special characters.
Open folder path of Android application, open
src folder then Add your image in
For Android Studio:
Right click on res, new Image Asset
On Asset type choose Action Bar and Tab Icons
Choose the image path
Give your image a name in Resource name
The image will be saved in the /res/drawable folder!
Thanks for the information .It helped me out as my project was somehow not visible in workspace therefore I had to insert the image from ECLIPSE IDE. Also another way to do it is: The image to be inserted should be copied ctrl+c and then right click on the drawable folder and PASTE it. The image comes in drawable folder using ECLIPSE IDE. You can use the image as an icon of the application using Manifest File-android:icon="@drawable/image_name"
You can just put it in on the file system. Eclipse will pick up the change on the next refresh. Click the folder and press F5 to refresh. BTW, make sure the file name does not have any capital letters... it will break android... and eclipse will let you know.
Right click on drawable folder_new_file- click on advanced button_ link to file in the file system_ then click on browse. finish
Just copy the image and paste into Eclipse in the
res/drawable directory. Note that the image name should be in lowercase, otherwise it will end up with an error.
Drop in the image in /res/drawable folder. Then in Eclipse Menu, do ->Project -> Clean. This will do a clean build if set to build automatically.
- Android/Eclipse: how can I add an image in the res/drawable folder?
- Using the Android SDK on a Mac, Eclipse is really slow. How can I speed it up?
- How can I add JAR files to the web-inf/lib folder in Eclipse?
- How Can I Add the Apache POI Library in and Eclipse Project?
- Android - How can I view a sql database created in my app? I'm running it on the Android emulator in Eclipse
- How can I add the external jar to the eclipse rcp application?
- How do you add a PHP framework to code completion/assist in Eclipse PDT and can the framework be added as default for all projects?
- How can I get Eclipse to store .class files in a folder outside the Project folder where I store the .java source files?
- How to add Google's Guava to eclipse so I can read the source code
- Android Eclipse How can i save rendered GLsurfaceView as *.png image
- How can I add custom task to the Eclipse Gradle Task Tab?
- How can I take a Drawable that I got from the internet and save it to my Android device in a cache directory?
- how can i override the saved image in external storage android
- Eclipse Plugin-ins: How can I add a group to the popup context menu?
- How can I add the most common mercurial commands to an Eclipse toolbar?
- How can I add the Eclipse Gradle Task Tab?
- How can I add the functionality of User Input to my eclipse plugin?
- How can I make Eclipse remember the Android SDK location?
- How can I add new custom "sample projects" to the Eclipse "New Gradle Project" wizard?
- How can I use Eclipse without the Android Debug Bridge?
- How to add a new folder from the disk, into an Eclipse project?
- Can not add all the classes files from the JNI folder in Eclipse (JAVA, Windows 7)
- how can i access the Sqlite database on real android device using DDMS in eclipse juno
- How do I add the JJIL libraries to my Android Eclipse project?
- How to add dependency in maven so Eclipse can use it on the buildpath
- How can I (Should I?) modify the Eclipse build process to build a custom android build?
- How can I convert an android project originally coded in IDEA or Eclipse to Android Studio and add Gradle?
- How can I configure the name of the "configuration" folder in an eclipse product?
- How can I call a different xml on the second call of my onResume in Android Eclipse project
- How to add an android library to an eclipse project without checking it out in the workspace?
More Query from same tag
- How to correctly specify a list in java
- Eclipse Android Project Java Buid Issue
- Error while Debugging using Eclipse for DS-5
- How do I get my JRE to actually run in 32 bit mode?
- Syntax error on tokens, delete these tokens - kafka spring integration demo application
- How to use bouncy castle API in J2ME using eclipse?
- How to import Scringo library in Xamarin or Android Studio?
- Multiple Markers at this line, Java constructor error (beginner level).
- sigar-amd64-winnt.dll ... can't reference it or bundle it with .jar
- Swing designer plugin for Eclipse
- How to run "Eclipse Che" behind NGINX reverse proxy?
- Where does Eclipse save WSDL file?
- Eclipse running my own configuration in debug mode
- Android Eclipse, two activities in two different tabs, keeps calling onCreate()!
- REMOTELY Debugging PHP Using Eclipse
- Eclipse is not really helpful with maven dependencies
- Tomcat 7 + Jersey + Eclipse
- "No repository found at:" Error while install TestNG plugin for eclipse
- Java web service client + Axis + Eclipse + Tomcat
- How to push .txt.gz file to git
- Convrsion to Dalvik format failed with error 1
- How to populate ListView in a Preloaded Database
- fail to configure the Android Beacon Library in Eclipse
- Eclipse bug: This project has the JPA facet, but no JPA project could be created
- questions on "run on server" and "run configurations"
- "Eclipse for PHP Developers" highlight color
- How to view differences between two html documents?
- Eclipse Tomcat server does not start
- eclipse won't work when trying to run php?
- Null Pointer Exception - Eclipse remote Hadoop