i had to do it slightly different to work for me:
- rightclick project, remove maven nature (or in newer eclipse, "maven->disable maven nature")
mvn eclipse:clean(with project open in eclipse/sts)
- delete the project in eclipse (but do not delete the sources)
- import existing maven project
it helped in my case
rightclick project, remove maven nature
eclipse:clean (with project open in
delete the project in eclipse (but do not delete the sources)
import existing maven project
my tricky solution is:
- open your windows task manager,
- find the javaw.exe process and highlight it, then end it by end process
- in eclipse project browser, right click it and use
maven -> update projectagain.
issue is resolved.
if you have tomcat server running in eclipse, you need to refresh project before restart tomcat server.
i removed my
.classpath file in my project directory to correct this issue. no need to remove the maven nature from the project in eclipse.
the specific error i was getting was: project 'my-project-name' is missing required java project: 'org.some.package-9.3.0 but my project wasn't dependent on
org.some.package in any way.
perhaps an old version of the project relied on it and maven wasn't properly updating the
slightly different option usually works for me:
- "mvn eclipse:eclipse" for this project in the command line.
- "refresh/f5" this project in eclipse.
that's all, no need to re-import but need to have the terminal window handy.
i solved this by looking at this comment on jbide-11655 : deleting all .project, .settings and .classpath in my projects folder.
i imported the project as general project from git repository.
.classpathin project's folder
configure -> convert to maven project. only this solved the problem in my case.
i have that problem and my solution is going source folder and run command line: mvn clean install -dskiptests eclipse:eclipse then return eclipse workspace and refresh project. hope that help!
your command line mvn eclipse project generator may not be the same version as that of your eclipse, and eclipse doesn't understand for your command line tool is generating. just use eclipse's in this case:
- remove the project from eclipse (including all modules if multi-module)
rm -rf .settings/ .project .classpathto delete eclipse project files, also from modules
- import your project as an existing maven project
this issue (https://bugs.eclipse.org/394042) is fixed in m2e 1.5.0 which is available for eclipse kepler and luna from this p2 repo :
if you also use m2e-wtp, you'll need to install m2e-wtp 1.1.0 as well :
after trying all these procedures it still didn't work for me. what did work was
- go into file explorer and delete the .classpath file under the project's root folder
- run maven update within eclipse, and check force update of snapshots/releases
our current work required integrating a number of disparate projects so unfortunately use of snapshots in a production environment were required (taboo in maven circles)!
this is all you need:
right-click on your project, select maven -> remove maven nature.
open you terminal, navgate to your project folder and run
right click on your project and select
configure -> convert into maven project
right click on your project and select
maven -> update project
i just went to
java build path->
librariesand removed the blue entries starting with m2_repo.
after that, i could use
- An internal error occurred during: "Updating Maven Project". Unsupported IClasspathEntry kind=4
- An internal error occurred during: "Updating Maven Project
- How to fix internal error updating maven project for PMD
- An internal error occurred during: "Updating Maven Project". java.lang.NullPointerException
- An internal error occurred during: "Updating Maven Project". Preference node "org.eclipse.wst.validation" has been removed
- JUnit4 + Eclipse "An internal error occurred during Launching"
- An internal error occurred during: "Updating indexes".Java heap space during eclipse start up?
- An internal error occurred during "Initializing Java Tooling." in Eclipse on startup
- An internal error occurred during: "Updating Maven Project". org.eclipse.m2e.wtp.WTPProjectsUtil.isM2eWtpDisabled
- An internal error occurred during: "Updating Maven Dependencies"
- TestNG An internal error occurred during launching
- Getting 'An internal error occurred during: "Compacting resource model".' when building a project in eclipse indigo
- Eclipse: An internal error occurred during "Contacting Software Sites"
- An internal error occurred during: "Importing Maven projects". com/android/io/StreamException
- Eclipse - Importing an existing Maven project gives Unsupported IClasspathEntry kind=4 Error
- Update Maven project internal error - ReferencedComponentXMIResourceImpl cannot be cast to JptXmlResource
- Eclipse: An internal error occurred during: “Updating Maven Project”
- An internal error occurred during: "JBoss Tools Project Validator"
- An internal error occurred during launching testng in eclipse
- How to resolve Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 error when trying to run Maven project Java
- I tried creating a new project in eclipse in Ubuntu 20.04 but it gives me this error Errors occurred during the build
- An internal error occurred during: "Importing Maven projects" and "building Maven Projects"
- Eclipse: An internal error occurred during: "Updating Maven Project". org/apache/maven/plugin/war/util/MappingUtils
- FDT: An internal error occurred during debugging
- An internal error occurred during: "Importing Maven projects". java.lang.NullPointerException
- An internal error occurred during: "ReviewCode". beans/Registration : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
- Error Updating Maven Project under eclipse
- An internal error occurred during: "Importing Maven projects" NoSuchMethod
- Error in Updating Maven - Spring MVC project
- eclispe : An internal error occurred during: "Updating Maven Project" java.lang.StackOverflowError
More Query from same tag
- Why is version-less spring-security.xsd missing on http://www.springframework.org/schema/security?
- make a standalone independent application out of a dynamic web project in eclipse
- Make web service work on different server
- Any major difference between Eclipse and Eclipse-EE?
- Android Sdk tools Revision 22 issue?
- Run cloned android camera app
- Conversion to Dalvik format failed: Unable to execute dex: Multiple dex files are defined
- LogCat window not able to get on eclipse?
- Error Opening heap dump
- Change TFS Local path in eclipse
- cucumber runner files is not able to pickup features/classes when run from maven
- Spring-boot logo not loading on console, how to start application on tomcat server?
- Filepath for reading file in library code
- How do I include in my Eclipse project, native Android code located in a directory external to my project?
- Exception when deploying Java app in tomcat8 with spring 4.3 and JRebel
- how to use html files present in system in contextual help eclipse?
- Creating war file failed from maven multi module project using java
- Tomcat & Spring Web - Class Not Found Exception org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
- Yet another "failed to load properties file"
- Eclipse overview ruler don't show all text
- Binding comboboxes in swing
- Android Create Icon Wizard: Where is my high res 512 x 512 image?
- Converting Maven project to Dynamic Web Project for Eclipse
- Eclipse Matching Parenthesis before caret instead of after
- Is there a tool to do the manual work of copying + pasting + replacing source code?
- Android, Eclipse, and SVN - How does source folder naming affect transmission?
- WARNING: No file found for: /sign
- How To Parse XML Respond Of Web Service In Andorid
- Is there an onPause in ActionBarActivity?
- Eclipse 2018-12 : Adding Tomcat Runtime Environment