the way i solved this was:
i checked where the existing external jars were located. (in web app libraries, which translated to a certain directory in the file system.)
add the new library jar to this directory.
hit refresh in the project explore on web app libraries. (important!)
now eclipse knows about the new
org.json library and you can use in imports.
in my situation, i got some jar files in e:\repository
in eclipse, i choose "window" -> "preferences" -> search for "plat" and choose "target platform" -> select the current project and click "edit" -> "add" e:\repository
it is all set now, i'm able to use those jar files in my project
there are two possible option to add jars in eclipse project, in case if we are not using maven in our application.
i) project-> properties -> java build path -> libraries -> add external jars
ii) create folder in project with name libs and put all your jar files there, and then right click -> and select option "add to build path".
but it is always better to use any build tool, so it will do all housekeeping for you.
copy it into the project's
web-inf/lib folder, so that it's there at development time and deployed at runtime.
- In Eclipse where to add an external library for a Contextlistener?
- How do I tell an Eclipse plugin where a native library resides for an external plugin?
- Android actionbar how to add supporting library v7 appcompat for Eclipse
- How to add all external jars to library on eclipse export to war
- Pydev: Where do I have to add the path for an external lib (usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient)?
- where to add Apr based Native Library for tomcat?
- How to add referenced library JAR files using relative path for eclipse Java project in vscode
- Eclipse Add Library vs. Add Variable for Java Projects
- Where can I find an Eclipse External Annotations file for the JDK8?
- How To Add Shimmer for Android Library in My Project Android Eclipse
- Add jar library to eclipse project for exporting
- Add external jar files into a particular library in Eclipse
- Eclipse "open definition" do not work for external library folders
- Android: where to add external dependency for an android test project be?
- Why does Eclipse automatically add appcompat v7 library support whenever I create a new project?
- "Unresolved inclusion" error with Eclipse CDT for C standard library headers
- How to add native library to "java.library.path" with Eclipse launch (instead of overriding it)
- Eclipse "cannot find the tag library descriptor" for custom tags (not JSTL!)
- Where does Eclipse look for eclipse.ini under Linux
- How to add shortcut keys for java code in eclipse
- unable to get system library for the project on eclipse ide
- Missing required library in eclipse for non-required library
- Eclipse IDE- Add jar? Add External jar? Add Library?
- Where is the location of 'plugins' directory for eclipse mars in mac OSX?
- Is there a way to add Google Chrome as an external web browser in Flash Builder Standalone for Mac?
- Where can I find the source code for the Android Development Tools (ADT) plugin for the Eclipse IDE?
- How to add external library properly in Eclipse?
- where is the place in Eclipse to add something to ignore list of SVN
- Where does Eclipse store generated servlet files for Tomcat?
- NoClassDefFoundError on external library project for Android
More Query from same tag
- Objectify error despite all the instructions
- Eclipse's Tomcat Server will not start after updating Spring framework version with Maven
- Eclipse turns Japanese into garbage during refactoring
- Getting Error in Eclipse "Cannot instantiate the type Scanner"
- How to get running the rcp mail tutorial?
- where to put properties file in project (no resources folder is there)
- xtext dealing with left recursion grammar
- Disable Error Prompt/Warning in Eclipse Java Neon
- Which version of Eclipse works with OS X 10.4.11?
- No window bar SDL C++ application
- Android eclipse bug?
- Tomcat 7 won't start on eclipse Kepler
- Trouble Installing Eclipse Classic 4.2
- ProcessBuilder returning eclipse installation directory when triggered from servlet
- Eclipse: checkstyle violations icon decoration
- Google play_billing project disappearing
- Error when executing a maven jar
- Errors on Open-Source Document
- Eclipse - Android SDK: enabling Android items in menu?
- Debug Maven project in Eclipse with third party sources
- Eclipse, generate code from function's arguments
- Why is this program which loops many times taking time when there is a `println` after the loops?
- Eclipse WTP - "No tab group defined for launch configuration type org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.core.launchConfigurationType" ...?
- Missing output files after running Ant script from Eclipse
- instrumenting mobile application error in eclipse
- Eclipse (CDT) project defaults
- How do I simplify debugging nodejs in Eclipse?
- Dalvik Mismatched Stack Depths - Error Code 1
- Adding an existing Editor from a Perspective to MultiPageEditor