a good example i like to use, is my getting started with selenium project.
this is a maven enabled java project that is hosted on github.
but when checked it out, with egit, to my computer all the folders are now packages.
this is because of your
.classpath. if a source folder is added, (like src/main/java) any subsequent folders will be "packages".
how are you uploading a java project to github?
just as you see in the project above. upload everything, except binaries, and jar dependencies. (which is why i use maven)
are there any difficulties which we are not aware of right now?
where i work, we use a process in which our projects on github are entire java projects. i've heard that it's bad to upload eclipse specific things like
.project, but even individuals who use intellij idea, it doesn't seem to be an issue, because they can just upload their
one thing to keep in mind, is your
.gitignore. make sure that
/target/classes/* and other java specific compilations are avoided as you want your repo to be only
source code. (one thing i did forget to do on that project above.. will fix ;))
i'd rather not upload .projects or .idea files while uploading projects to vcs system (git or not).
i add these folders to my .gitignore file (wich i upload to vcs)
- What is the correct way to have a Java Project with Eclipse on GitHub
- When writing Eclipse plugins, what is the correct way for checking if an IEditorPart is a Java editor?
- What is the best way to debug a java application in jboss and eclipse if application has multiple modules and each module is separate project
- what is the right way of importing a maven project in Eclipse and run it as a Java project?
- How do I build a Java Github Project in Eclipse with no maven & gradle files and no .jar files in the repo
- How to create the pom.xml for a Java project with Eclipse
- What is the best way to reuse classes from another Java project in Eclipse?
- What is the correct way to add a Shutdown Hook for an Eclipse RCP application?
- Which JRE version to use while making new Java Project in Eclipse and what are the drawbacks?
- What is the easiest way to design Java Swing GUIs in Eclipse IDE?
- How to copy my Java Eclipse project to desktop, and then run with the command line?
- What is the best way to include another (non-android) project in an android project under eclipse
- what are the steps to replace system.out.println with loggers in java eclipse project?
- What's the correct way to create a new Spring Roo Project with multiple maven modules?
- What is the correct configuration to use GSON inside a Applet implementing with eclipse (Kepler)
- get all the classes with main method in Eclipse Java project
- Eclipse warning "Replace the type specification in this constructor call with the diamond operator ('<>')" in a Java project
- Is there a way to generate the MANIFEST.MF for an Eclipse plug-in project with m2eclipse?
- Could someone explain the what .settings folder of an eclipse java project contain?
- What config do I have to change in my Eclipse Web project, so that Tomcat redirect URLs without any path to the project URL
- What is the ‘correct’ way to configure the R ‘working directory’ and ‘Project location’ in Eclipse with StatET?
- Checking out a project on github with the Eclipse CVS client?
- Can I have classes with same name in one Java project in Eclipse IDE?
- What is the recommended way to reference an Android library project in Eclipse
- What is the best method to setup a new GAE project in Eclipse with Gradle Build
- Do Any Changes to the Maven Java Project Have to Do the Maven "Package or Install" to Run in Eclipse
- How to name a java package in eclipse that complies with maven conventions but doesn't have main.java in the name?
- What is the best way to develop cross-platform Java applications with the same core, with git?
- What is the correct way to import or open the Android Source Code into Eclipse or Android studio
- What is the easiest way to have multiple eclipse installations using the same eclipse.ini file?
More Query from same tag
- NoClassDefFoundError for com.cloudant.client.api.ClientBuilder but class exists
- Integration of external jetty 9 into eclipse?
- class test in an existing project j2ee converted to maven project
- import sun.misc.BASE64Encoder results in error compiled in Eclipse
- Eclipse RCP application/product could not correctly run
- Eclipse Content Assist is Appending Class Name to Variable Suggestions
- Resource leak issues in Eclipse?
- Is there a way to set DEBUG for all tags in Android's ADB?
- Eclipse XDebug stuck on 78%
- ScrollPane mouse wheel listener
- org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: schema_reference.4: Failed to read schema document 'http://www.mulesoft.org/schema/mule/amqp/3.1/mule-amqp.xsd'
- TomCat EE - Hibernate4 & Spring4: Session Factory ClassNotFoundException: javax.persistence.NamedStoredProcedureQuery
- Compile Flags for Eclipse/Android development
- Android SDK R error(and others)
- Joining JProgressBar and JTextArea (batch running console) in Eclipse
- Cannot open Eclipse after opening once? (Error included)
- android:screenOrientation=“sensorPortrait" not valid?
- Tomcat 7 not setup properly in Eclipse Juno
- How to add a newer version of Hibernate in JBoss AS 7.1.3
- Eclipse cannot find main class
- Maven + Tomcat + Eclipse Java hotswap
- Android Support Library troubles with v7 appcompat using Eclipse
- CFBuilder not stopping on breakpoints
- How to start a Laravel project in eclipse
- issues in ORACLE DB connection
- SQL syntax coloring for Eclipse Kepler
- How to include http library in Android Project using M preview in Eclipse ant build
- Paramiko SSH connection error: socket.gaierror: [Errno 8] nodename nor servname provided, or not known
- Google play services error in eclipse
- Data not visible in table SAP UI5