use short usb cable. the shorter the length of cable, the more stable the adb connection. i had the same problem for long time. i changed the cable to shorter one and i haven't got that problem anymore.
i was having a very similar problem but using android studio on os x. by default android studio points to an sdk inside it's application bundle so i changed the sdk location setting to point to another version of the android sdk i had downloaded manually and this seems to have fixed the disconnection issues i was having.
instructions for changing the sdk location setting can be found in this answer.
my connected device (an acer) was working a treat until i rebooted my mac. after the reboot, eclipse dropped the connection every single time i ran the app. i tried two cables and every port in my imac but nothing worked. i had to disconnect and reconnect the device for every run (a real pain when debugging!).
what worked for me was to run the app. when the window appeared to choose the device to run on (which was empty), i disconnected then reconnected the device, but before clicking to run, i checked the box (bottom left) to use this device for each run. it now runs every time directly on the device.
a unpowered usb hub did fix the problem for me. it was happening on both my samsung s6 and my sony z5 premium.and both on my pc and my mac. (using android studio).
i experience that when my nexus7 2012 kept disconnecting; root cause was the usb3 connection. changing to a usb2 port fixed my issues; can you try switching to a lower speed port?
first thing i tend to try is the following commands in cmd/terminal
to check the device is connected.
following that i'd try restarting the device, and perhaps as a last resort uninstall/reinstall it's drivers.
edit: also, do you have access to another device? in the past i've had issues with specific devices constantly dropping out.
- Android device keeps disconnecting from adb / eclipse
- How to Avoid Launching the Android Application Twice ,Running from Eclipse to real device
- Android Eclipse DDMS - Can't pull file from rooted device
- how to issue an adb command from built in eclipse UI in Android SDK
- Launching android application from eclipse On device very slow
- Error when trying to load Android 1.6 virtual device from eclipse
- Select one option from many options in drop down list in Eclipse using java when run code for the android device
- Eclipse doesn't recognize Android device but adb does
- Android ADB keeps crashing - can't debug on device when using a usb 3.0 port
- Eclipse & adb Not Recognizing Glass as Running Android Device
- Android Device Chooser not showing my device but adb and Eclipse do
- Can't download android app from eclipse to my device
- Read phone number from Android Device in Eclipse
- How to open my app from lock screen without unlock the device Android Eclipse
- Not able to debug Android Instrumentation tests on Device from Eclipse
- eclipse how to access the Android Device from Remote machine
- Trouble running Android apps on phone from Eclipse Mac, "adb devices" lists device correctly
- Is there any way to stop ADB from automatically trying to connect to ANY android device plugged in?
- How to load my app from Eclipse to my Android phone instead of AVD
- Eclipse - Target "unknown" in Android device chooser
- Benefits of switching from Eclipse to IntelliJ IDEA for Android development
- Restart ADB from Android Studio
- Eclipse Android SDK cannot see new Samsung Galaxy S4 device via a USB connection
- Android Emulator won't run application started from eclipse
- How to remove native support from an Android Project in eclipse because eclipse is showing errors in jni?
- Import key store from eclipse to android studio
- Eclipse Doesn't Recognize my Android Device
- Error "AdbCommandRejectedException: device not found" in Eclipse using Android emulator
- Must do adb kill-server and start-server everytime to recognize android device in Ubuntu
- How to import eclipse library project from github to android studio project?
More Query from same tag
- Java DSL for describing UI?
- How to use Eclipse 3.x views in E4?
- Grails Build Test Data plugin having AST issues with Eclipse
- How to hide all elements in a Layout in Android at once?
- Eclipse breakpoint in single / one line lambda?
- Regex Search and Replace in Eclipse: How do I fix dangling meta character 'x'?
- Can m2e install an external jar file? Or do I need to install the maven command line tool?
- Reverse Engineering with Hibernate Tools in Eclipse Indigo
- Having trouble with using Spring JDBC libraries in Eclipse
- Importing scala sbt project to Scala IDE build of Eclipse SDK
- Eclipse reverts all changes to file on key press, undo not possible?
- How to add a jar build by a project to the project in eclipse?
- Android: Split up Eclipse project without introducing cyclic dependency errors?
- JPA : No connection specified for the project
- continuously watch variables in eclipse even if it's not in scope
- How to add my own code/function and external java libraries to azure function app
- No view found for id 0x for fragment
- What files shall I store in Git and which ones I'd better not?
- How to share code from one project to another and control what will be compiled to the JAR file?
- Differences between standard java web application directory structure and directory structure generated by Eclipse
- java.lang.ClassCastException: android.widget.EditText
- Java project working on Eclipse but not working when exported to runnable jar file
- Eclipse Java How to objectify JPA database table
- In Eclipse while doing appium testing ...How to set JAVA_HOME environment variable for Android Tools to work properly?
- Exporting RCP as a product
- How to change Maven local repository in eclipse
- checkstyle doesn't work on linux eclipse luna
- First jee project not executing
- Opening OrientDB Database in Eclipse Maven project throws errors