if you run your war with tomcat/jetty plugin pass debug options to the maven:
export maven_opts="-xnoagent -xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=8000" mvn tomcat:run
if you run your war using the regular tomcat, just run it with jpda (debugger) support enabled:
$tomcat_home/bin/catalina.sh jpda start
default port for tomcat 6 jpda is 8000.
now connect with the eclipse (debug -> remote java application) to the port 8000 and enjoy your fine debugging session.
is there some kind of launch configuration i should create, or do i attach the debugger remotely? is there something in eclipse that can help...like a plugin?
as an alternative, you could connect a remote debugger to a jetty. see debugging with the maven jetty plugin in eclipse.
a better way of adding the debugging options to
$maven_opts option, and thus not merging them with the other existing options (if you want to start your app not in the debug mode, you have to remove those options again), is to use the maven out of the box debugger
mvndebug, located in its bin directory, this way
mvndebug jetty:run. this will execute your app in debug mode and what's remaining is attaching your debugger.
to enable debugging through eclipse :
i pass following to tomcat startup:
then through eclipse do remote debug.
goto debug menu > debug configuration
scroll down to select remote java application
- rt click to create new
- select connection type as standard (socket attach) and add hostname and port.
to start debugging simple open it when server is running.---
- Best way to debug Java web application packaged as a WAR using Eclipse and Maven?
- Best way to work with Java projects using Maven and Eclipse with embedded Tomcat?
- Group Id and package name in Eclipse java web application using maven
- What is the best way to debug a java application in jboss and eclipse if application has multiple modules and each module is separate project
- Creating Java Web application project from scratch using eclipse and tomcat?
- How to start, debug and build Java Web Project in Eclipse with Maven and Tomcat
- Best way to configure Eclipse to work with Maven projects and Java modules
- How to run JUnit Test Classes in Java Main Application using Maven and Eclipse
- What is the best way to put servlet files in Eclipse using Maven and Tomcat?
- Java Dynamic Web project with Maven and Eclipse
- Automatic WSDL Java Stub generation in Eclipse Workspace using Apache CXF and CXF Maven Plugin
- How to debug PHP application using Eclipse PDT (xdebug and zend debugger)
- How can I create a Java EE 7 application using eclipse and gradle?
- Problems setting up a dynamic web project in eclipse using Java EE and Tomcat
- Debugging Maven Web Application on already installed Glassfish using eclipse
- Developing a Java web service using Jersey(JAX-RS), mySQL and Eclipse
- how to make a Facebook application in java using eclipse and jboss?
- deploying Java web application in exploded directory outside the Tomcat server, using Eclipse
- run a java application and a web application in a single maven build within a reactor project
- How to embed pivot table in java web application using eclipse BIRT
- Best way to download and install Eclipse if you want to do C++ and Java and GUI design
- Eclipse Java Cucumber debug - how can I configure and run debug in cucumber maven project?
- Using JSTL fmt:message in a Eclipse IDE Maven Spring 4 Java Web Project
- Eclipse Dynamic Web Application putting jar files in WEB-INF/lib and Java Build Path
- Unable to get splash screen when launching eclipse RCP application using java web start
- Dynamic web application in eclipse using MAVEN 3.04
- Trying to create maven dynamic web project in eclipse with java and clojure
- Setting up RESTFull web app project using Maven Eclipse and Tomcat Server
- what is the right way of importing a maven project in Eclipse and run it as a Java project?
- java 10 execution environment using eclipse photon and maven
More Query from same tag
- gdb failing in Eclipse
- using libgdx 1.1, how to import a project on eclipse
- Android ProgressDialog can't add Cancel button
- Verification of enterprise bean failed [Section: 16.2]
- Once I've written a builtin, what do I need to do to make the reasoners aware of it?
- How do you point your Eclipse and Eclipse projects to a new JRE version in eclipse? (Not using JAVA_HOME)
- Comment/Uncomment specific format in Eclipse
- Getting Method Call Information from AST
- eclipse changing text on button click
- Including sourcecode for debugging from other project in eclipse
- How to add one GridColumnGroup into another GridColumnGroup in nebula grid?
- Eclipse or Netbeans?
- Display Notification on Sms Receiving
- Install trouble for Android SDK in Eclipse Helios
- Android datarouter logcat error message
- Tomcat6w.exe Vs javaw.exe - tomcat instance
- Eclipse: bind Command key to show SVN annotations
- Eclipse does not show EclipseLink platform in JPA configuration
- Android Logcat: showing my app's log messages after I re-plug in my phone after 10 or more minutes later?
- Getting error on every newly created Eclipse project
- subclipse in a cluster environment
- '_imp__Py_Initialize' error on Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers Version: 2018-09 (4.9.0)
- EGit automatically add new files
- Error inflating class com.google.ads.Adview Android
- Why should we use multiple Eclipse "Java Project" for multiple layer architecture within single workspace
- Spring MVC and Pdf
- Android AVD starting error
- Hide Keyboard in iOS by using Tabris
- Local test on java application that has no context root