linux / osx:
your project can exist outside the workspace, but all eclipse-specific
metadata are stored in that
as noted in the comments by tk421storm, and in jeegar patel's answer:
in order for manual changes to take effect, make sure to do
file -> refreshafterwards.
you can also have several workspaces - so you can connect to one and have set "a" of projects - and then connect to a different set when ever you like.
in linux after deleting
does not worked.
after that i have done file->refresh
then it cleared all old project listed from eclipse.
if you are using perforce (imported the project as a perforce project), then .cproject and .project will be located under the root of the perforce project, not on the workspace folder.
hope this helps :)
in eclipse 3.3:
it's installed under your eclipse workspace. something like:
within your workspace folder.
under that folder is one folder per project. there's a file in there called .location, but it's binary.
so it looks like you can't do what you want, without interacting w/ eclipse programmatically.
in mac os x, it is under
- Where in an Eclipse workspace is the list of projects stored?
- Some projects cannot be imported because they already exist in the workspace error in Eclipse
- Where does Eclipse save the list of files to open on startup?
- Where does Eclipse store the info about which workspace to start up with?
- where is the place in Eclipse to add something to ignore list of SVN
- Programmatically list open projects in an eclipse workspace from outside of eclipse
- How to copy projects into workspace of eclipse after importing the project?
- Location of projects in eclipse that are not in the workspace
- Open eclipse projects synced with git that are outside the workspace
- Where is the "update site" list stored in the filesystem?
- Eclipse is not showing any projects from my workspace folder even the projects are there?
- where is the workingset info of an eclipse workspace stored?
- Using eclipse projects outside the workspace (multi-user)
- Eclipse is not importing jar dependencies between two projects in the same workspace
- Multiple Android projects using Crashlytics in the same Eclipse workspace
- When trying to export a team set (5 projects) in a C++ eclipse workspace the project list is empty
- Resolve workspace artifacts option in Eclipse generates error when one of the resolving projects is opened
- Eclipse is throwing "Synchronize Gradle projects with workspace failed due to an error connecting to the Gradle build."
- Where is the file which stores the default run configurations of Java projects in Eclipse on a Mac?
- Sharing run configurations across multiple projects in the same eclipse workspace
- Why Is One Of The Eclipse Workspace Projects Marked Differently?
- Where in the eclipse project folder are files stored in External Storage?
- How to change the list of default error parsers in new Eclipse CDT projects
- Where is the correct location to put Log4j.properties in an Eclipse project?
- What are the gigantic *.CFS files all about in Eclipse workspace plugin folder?
- Eclipse 3.8: where is the download site?
- Importing multiple projects with the same name in Eclipse
- android - Moto G mobile doesn't show in the devices List of Eclipse
- Where is the location of 'plugins' directory for eclipse mars in mac OSX?
- Where is the Makefile generated by the Eclipse CDT?
More Query from same tag
- Execution environment setting in run configuration
- Spring Controller does nothing
- How to get the phone application new file type to show up? (eclipse)
- How do you add the Python.h libraries to eclipse for use in a C++ program?
- How to load Properties from Eclipse Program Argument
- Eclipse won't run on fresh windows 10
- connecting to SQLserver in eclipse
- Eclipse can't locate android.webkit.WebSettings.PluginState;
- Error in android projects -part 2
- Android ListView: Error when trying to setAdapter with array of filenames
- Eclipse switching branch from branch to trunk
- Android "Error generating final archive: Failed to add .../bin/resources.ap_"
- Using Eclipse "Play" Button to Debug with Game Services
- How to count number of times that a variable become between two values?
- Setting up sqlite with java (import org.sqlite.SQLite cannot be resolved)
- Eclipse PTD Symfony Plugin does not install
- "The installation does not satisfy the requirements list below." in Eclipse - what does it mean?
- Detecting Single Tap in Screen for Android
- Debugging Java with Eclipse: process is suspended, but it doesn't throw any exception
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/ui/plugin/AbstractUIPlugin
- Java BoundingBox program
- Error after update to STS 3.6.4.RELEASE
- How to connect to local Docker on Windows with Eclipse?
- Java started but returned exit code =1
- How to tell eclipse to add-exports when compiling
- Why do Java IDE's default implementation templates not throw AssertionErrors?
- Connecting Eclipse JSP Page with MySQL DataSource
- Using a third party lib in an annotation processor with eclipse
- How to create runnable jar with dependencies in extra folder on mutimodule project?
- An internal error occurred during: "Launching <myApp>". Java heap space