with the vscommands extension, you have exactly that keyboard shortcut. and, by the way, a stack overflow notification toolbar :)
in visual studio 2013 and later, you can move lines up and down using alt + ↑ / alt + ↓. unfortunately this will not adjust the indentation if you move between blocks, as of today only resharper (and all other ide's by jetbrains including rider) can help you with that.
to move entire blocks of code around you can move the cursor to its head and press ctrl + m twice fast to collapse it, and then use the command above to move it around.
here is a neat reference to all default keyboard shortcuts in different versions of visual studio.
this is now working out of the box with visual studio 2013, same way as in eclipse.
for me in visual studio 2019 it comes default closed.
for open it:
tools -> options -> keyboard then select edit.moveselectedlinesup, click "press shortcut keys" input and press alt + up (or whatever you want for it). and the other one is edit.moveselectedlinesdown, click "press shortcut keys" input and press alt + down (or whatever you want for it).
resharper's ctrl + shift + alt + ↑/↓/←/→ is even more powerful - when on the beginning of the line, it will move the entire line, but can also be used to move entire methods, change the order of parameters, etc.
- What's the equivalent for eclipse's ALT+UP/DOWN (move line) in Visual Studio?
- Is in Visual Studio an equivalent to the Eclipse "Run Configurations"?
- Is there an eclipse equivalent to the Visual Studio "Command Window"?
- Is working set equivalent to solution in the visual studio
- Eclipse equivalent for Visual Studio ALT + select text over multiple rows
- Visual Studio 2017 equivalent for Eclipse Quick outline (Ctrl + O)
- Equivalent to Eclipse "Compare Editor" for Visual Studio (2010 Professional Edition)
- What is the Visual Studio equivalent of the Eclipse import suggestion feature?
- How to make the enter key move the cursor to the end of the line in Android Studio like it does in Eclipse
- Plugin for Eclipse or Visual Studio that lets me see an overview of the Text similar to Sublime Text
- What is the Visual Studio shell (standalone shell) good for?
- Eclipse vs. Visual Studio: What are the features in Eclipse that are not present in Visual Studio and vice versa?
- Visual Studio: hotkeys to move line up/down and move through recent changes
- Eclipse's Visual Studio Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab Equivalent
- IntelliJ vs STS (SpringSource Tool Suite), what am I missing by using one or the other and can I make them feature equivalent for comparsion?
- Visual studio shortcut keys equivalent to eclipse shortcut keys
- How to change the background color for the line number column in eclipse?
- I don't get the concept of Visual Studio Projects and Solutions
- Eclipse eye for a Visual Studio guy
- Mercurial - how to see the history for a specific line of code
- TFS Eclipse throws an error "The character 0x007c ('|') is not permitted in server paths" after updating visual studio for mac to support iPad OS 13
- Visual Studio equivalent to Eclipse keyboard shortcut Alt Shift L
- Visual Studio toolchain in Eclipse for C++
- Eclipse plug-in/view for quick-editing the command line arguments
- How to display Visual Studio Console Application output inside the IDE and not in command prompt?
- Does Visual Studio for C# have these Eclipse for Java features?
- How do I search for two strings on the same line in Eclipse?
- What is the preferred visual editor Eclipse plugin for Swing apps in 2011?
- Eclipse kind of editor for Visual Studio 2008
- Is there a flat namespace representation option for Visual Studio
More Query from same tag
- JNI parsing error using Eclipse
- How to search and list all SVN history of a file based on the change of a particular portion in that file
- Selenium Eclipse - DropDown Handling - Failed
- Dynamic content of IWizardPage not properly shown
- Binary addition in java
- WildFly deployment only works in standalone-mode but not in Eclipse
- Eclipse+Vaadin: Could not start XULRunner (version 1.9 or higher required)
- Checkstyle plugin for IntelliJ IDEA
- Using Null Analysis annotations in Java8
- External jar files are not detected when compiled using cmd.?
- BIRT - using report variable to pass data from outer to inner nested data set
- How to enable code recommenders for eclipse?
- Java JMenu doesent work properly
- How to send variables to an Aspect, in Java?
- Eclipse Indigo Remote System Explorer: FTP Connection
- Eclipse anonymous inner type template
- Trying to combine code
- Java game crash twice on startup without error message
- How turn off c++ compiler for each project build
- j2ee configure hibernate config file for sqlexpress 2012 in eclipse
- Importing projects with Eclipse so new stuff I add will go to the source directory as well
- R.layout.main couldn't be resolved
- Deployment directory missing at Tomcat 7 by running from Eclipse IDE
- Github Master became HEAD and I can no longer push upstream
- How do I analyze the memory dump I created with Game Guardian?
- Error: Unable to fnd class R.java No such file or dir
- Project view in InteliJ like in Eclipse
- Inputing a word then outputing them with slashes between each letter leads to error
- Tomcat 8 needs to restart after editing files
- How to generate code as Eclipse Visual Editor Does