With the VSCommands extension, you have exactly that keyboard shortcut. And, by the way, a Stack OVerflow notification toolbar :)
In Visual Studio 2013 and later, you can move lines up and down using Alt + ↑ / Alt + ↓. Unfortunately this will not adjust the indentation if you move between blocks, as of today only ReSharper (and all other IDE's by Jetbrains including Rider) can help you with that.
To move entire blocks of code around you can move the cursor to its head and press Ctrl + m twice fast to collapse it, and then use the command above to move it around.
Here is a neat reference to all default keyboard shortcuts in different versions of Visual Studio.
This is now working out of the box with Visual Studio 2013, same way as in Eclipse.
For me in Visual Studio 2019 it comes default closed.
For open it:
Tools -> Options -> Keyboard then select Edit.MoveSelectedLinesUp, click "Press shortcut keys" input and press Alt + Up (or whatever you want for it). And the other one is Edit.MoveSelectedLinesDown, click "Press shortcut keys" input and press Alt + Down (or whatever you want for it).
ReSharper's Ctrl + Shift + Alt + ↑/↓/←/→ is even more powerful - when on the beginning of the line, it will move the entire line, but can also be used to move entire methods, change the order of parameters, etc.
- What's the equivalent for eclipse's ALT+UP/DOWN (move line) in Visual Studio?
- Is in Visual Studio an equivalent to the Eclipse "Run Configurations"?
- Is there an eclipse equivalent to the Visual Studio "Command Window"?
- Is working set equivalent to solution in the visual studio
- Eclipse equivalent for Visual Studio ALT + select text over multiple rows
- Visual Studio 2017 equivalent for Eclipse Quick outline (Ctrl + O)
- Equivalent to Eclipse "Compare Editor" for Visual Studio (2010 Professional Edition)
- What is the Visual Studio equivalent of the Eclipse import suggestion feature?
- How to make the enter key move the cursor to the end of the line in Android Studio like it does in Eclipse
- Plugin for Eclipse or Visual Studio that lets me see an overview of the Text similar to Sublime Text
- What is the Visual Studio shell (standalone shell) good for?
- Eclipse vs. Visual Studio: What are the features in Eclipse that are not present in Visual Studio and vice versa?
- Visual Studio: hotkeys to move line up/down and move through recent changes
- Eclipse's Visual Studio Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab Equivalent
- IntelliJ vs STS (SpringSource Tool Suite), what am I missing by using one or the other and can I make them feature equivalent for comparsion?
- Visual studio shortcut keys equivalent to eclipse shortcut keys
- How to change the background color for the line number column in eclipse?
- I don't get the concept of Visual Studio Projects and Solutions
- Eclipse eye for a Visual Studio guy
- Mercurial - how to see the history for a specific line of code
- TFS Eclipse throws an error "The character 0x007c ('|') is not permitted in server paths" after updating visual studio for mac to support iPad OS 13
- Visual Studio equivalent to Eclipse keyboard shortcut Alt Shift L
- Visual Studio toolchain in Eclipse for C++
- Eclipse plug-in/view for quick-editing the command line arguments
- How to display Visual Studio Console Application output inside the IDE and not in command prompt?
- Does Visual Studio for C# have these Eclipse for Java features?
- How do I search for two strings on the same line in Eclipse?
- What is the preferred visual editor Eclipse plugin for Swing apps in 2011?
- Eclipse kind of editor for Visual Studio 2008
- Is there a flat namespace representation option for Visual Studio
More Query from same tag
- How to completely disable Oomph in Eclipse?
- Stop log4j2 printing to Eclipse console when configured to append only to file
- How to force Eclipse Link creates Tables exactly same ClassName?
- Eclipse Device Chooser cant find my Dell Streak
- Prevent eclipse from renaming multiple files
- Show the error position in Jenkins
- AbstractListModel is not generic with jdk 1.6.0_45
- The value of the field 'nameOfField' is not used - Java Swing
- Eclipse Project Settings Not Transferring to New Project
- Team->Commit in Eclipse shows resources from a symlinked directory. How to ignore?
- Trying to create Junit for my eclipse application
- Can't find e(fx)clipse plugin in Eclipse Marketplace
- Using Art instead of Dalvik to compile
- Cannot import eclipse source code
- Eclipse plugin that reveals the id of (workbench) parts under the mouse cursor
- Eclipse Android Plugin -- libncurses.so.5
- Highlight syntax of generic types in Visual Studio
- Java IDEs vs Microsoft IDEs
- HBase OutOfMemory Error
- Enforce compilation dependencies with Ant compiler tasks
- Snippet of 1 Array to Check for Recurring Elements
- Autocompletion in Pydev- Eclipse for wxpython
- How to integrate DynamicC compiler(Rabbit Microcontroller/C ) with the Eclipse IDE
- Is eclipse visual editor dead?
- Auto cleanup on server start
- Building Android project on remote server from Eclipse
- Creating a Java web service client
- Why does the display in Eclipse not support recursive functions in Java?
- How to support UTF-8 encoding in Eclipse
- newbie BIRT - layout - fields side-by-side for Address etc