i haven't used eclipse for years, so i'm not that familiar with the behaviour you're after - but i believe ctrl + f12 may do what you want: it is the shortcut for the file structure popup in the default mapping.
for macos fn + cmd + f12
ctrl + alt + l is the one you're looking for.
the shortcuts are: ctrl+shift+n for files ctrl+n for classes
ctrl+f12 works, because it is for file structure popup, which is similar to showing code in eclipse.
as mentioned, i'm using xfce from windows to remote ubuntu and ctrl + f12 doesn't work. since no one mentioned recombine, i'd like to share my solution.
- ctrl + alt + s` to open settings.
file structurein search box
- right click the item and click
add keyboard shortcut
- press keyboard combination you like and i used ctrl + shift + o since i came from eclipse world. the ctrl + o has been bound already, so i used ctrl + shift + o instead
now, you can use ctrl + shift + o to trigger the file structure.
for details about keymap rebinding, please refer to this thread.
i think here you can found out the most useful shortcuts for idea as an eclipse user... eclipse "quick outline" ctrl+o (windows) is an equivalent idea "file structure" ctrl+f12!
it is possible to use eclipse keymap in intellij by clicking alt+ → keymap. then select eclipse keymap.
ctrl+f12 mimics the same functionality.
you can also use this link which gives eclipse and corresponding intellij idea shortcuts.
for some linux kinds, and particularly for xfce (like xubuntu, mint xfce) a lot of default xwin keyboard layout mappings are not working.
this is because they overlap with assigned window manager -> keyboard shortcuts. for the concrete question ctrl+f12 is assigned to workspace 12 which i doubt that many use at all.
the solution is to clear those window manager assignments in window manager -> keyboard tab. as a temporal workaround you may use idea actions via find action ctrl+shift+a
there are other overlapping short keys. references:
if you want a persistent/sticky/docked tool window instead of a temporary/transient dialog:
- mac: ⌘+7
all these answers are subjective, because they depend on your platform, keymap and intellij version.
i believe the 'structure' tool is what you're looking for. in idea 13, view → tool windows → structure will open the view, and along the way, the menu will show you the applicable keyboard shortcut for your setup.
for me, ctrl + f12 works really well!
ctrl + f12 works for me. i'm using intellij idea ce 12 with default keymap.
ctrl + f12 or search "file structure" in keymap
ctrl + f3 in idea is the equivalent of ctrl + o in eclipse.
the thread is old. just thought might be useful for someone lookin for the same answer...
for intellij 13 on ubuntu the shortcut for the structure window is alt+7 (cmd+7 on mac). you can make the window floating to simulate the eclipse behavior using the top-right setting icon, also unselect the pinned mode option for esc to work.
on macosx 10.8.5, cmdf12 did not work for me. i had to use fncmdf12
windows : ctrl + f12
macos : cmd + f12
above commands will show the functions/methods in the current class.
press shift two times if you want to search both class and method in the whole project.
- mac: ⌘+f12
- windows: ctrl+f12
- ubuntu/centos: ctrl+f12
above works on intellij versions 14 to 2020.
- What is Eclipse's Ctrl+O (Show Outline) shortcut equivalent in IntelliJ IDEA?
- What is the IntelliJ equivalent from Eclipse, show file in the package explorer view
- what is equivalent of 'tab' from eclipse in intellij idea IDE
- Ctrl + W shortcut of IntelliJ idea equivalent in MyEclipse
- What is Eclipse's Ctrl+Alt+J shortcut equivalent in IntelliJ IDEA?
- IntelliJ IDEA equivalent of Eclipse "Link with Editor"
- eclipse ctrl+k equivalent shortcut in IntelliJ
- Eclipse inspection (Ctrl + Shift + I) equivalent in IntelliJ IDEA (Community Edition)
- Intellij ctrl+w equivalent shortcut in Eclipse
- IntelliJ vs STS (SpringSource Tool Suite), what am I missing by using one or the other and can I make them feature equivalent for comparsion?
- Show only trailing whitespace in IntelliJ Idea
- What is the Eclipse equivalent of IntelliJ "Live templates"?
- What is Eclipse Ctrl+O shortcut equivalent in Android Studio?
- Shortcut in IntelliJ equivalent to Ctrl + Shift + G
- Show list of "raw type" warning in IntelliJ IDEA 10
- Intellij Idea - Eclipse Scrapbook equivalent
- What Java GUI library IDEA IntelliJ uses?
- What is Visual Studio's equivalent of Ctrl + Shift + O shortcut in Android development in Eclipse?
- IntelliJ IDEA code completion show all constructor signatures?
- Is there an equivalent of Ctrl + Shift + L from Eclipse in IntelliJ Idea
- IntelliJ IDEA can show maven projects like eclipse?
- IntelliJ Shortcut for code outline
- What is the Eclipse equivalent of IntelliJ Ctrl + N
- Equivalent to Eclipse Classpath Container in Intellij IDEA
- Exact duplicate shortcut from Eclipse in Intellij IDEA
- IntelliJ IDEA - Show Exception Traces
- What is Eclipse Ctrl+1 shortcut equivalent in Android Studio?
- F4 shortcut in myeclipse and its equals in IntelliJ idea
- IntelliJ -- how to configure what to show on vertical bar
- What is the IntelliJ equivalent to the Eclipse Overview panel?
More Query from same tag
- eclipse ide: tomcat deletes my jar file in WEB-INF/lib
- Searching for tips on a good SWING-GUI plugin for Eclipse with low learningcurve
- can not open console view in eclipse neon 2
- Google maps v2 android marker won't show
- how to remove the error label for project in eclipse?
- Egit: Set gitignore to ignore all eclipse project files
- Cannot Create Openshift project in Eclipse
- Android: placing button below multiline textview
- Migration from Eclipse to Android Studio issues
- compile java source file with debug info in eclipse
- setTitleImage and FileLocator
- TEE 2012 does not check out files automatically
- PyCharm to show declaration bubbles like PyDev in Eclipse
- tip calculator error android 2.2 app
- How to setup PyDev's python interpreter in eclipse using pip within a virtualenv
- Eclipse suddenly closes Java file, and now refuses to recognize it as such
- Amazon S3 "NoSuchFieldError: REQUIRES_LENGTH" for putObject in Java?
- Java keyinput with keyListener won't work. I don't know what I wrote in a wrong way
- Using <jsp:include > with a url mapped by spring
- Tomee maven install goal sends: Could not initialize class org.apache.openejb.util.JuliLogStreamFactory
- When starting eclipse using sudo, avd is stored in the wrong folder
- Merge conflicts not shown
- How to configure the application URL with RAP/RWT
- Android Target Change
- Running an Eclipse Created JBPM Project in JBPM Console
- Exception java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError android/app/Activity
- How to export to a runnable jar with Proccessing (Eclipse)
- How to configure hadoop with eclipse
- STS Eclipse version?
- Missing in Eclipse key shortcut as in Visual Studio to go to definition F12 and come back Ctrl+F12