in my case, i solved weird issues in spring tools suite (essentially eclipse) after i tried to upgrade spring boot and the changes didn't seem to be taking effect.
right click on your project -> gradle -> refresh gradle project
i tried all above options but was still getting error, in my case issue was i have not setup gradle installation directory in eclipse, following worked:
eclipse -> window -> preferences -> gradle -> "select local installation directory"
click on browse button and provide path.
even though question is answered, thought to share in case somebody else is facing similar issue.
you have to make sure that "dependency management" is enabled. to do so, right click on the project name, go to the "gradle" sub-menu and click on "enable dependency management". once you do that, gradle should load all the dependencies for you.
looking at the eclipse plugin docs i found some useful tasks that rebuilt my classpath and updated the required dependencies.
- first try
gradle cleaneclipseto clean the eclipse configuration completely. if this doesn;t work you may try more specific tasks:
gradle cleaneclipseprojectto remove the .project file
gradle cleaneclipseclasspathto empty the project's classpath
gradle eclipseto rebuild the eclipse configuration
follow those steps to update gradle project in eclipse:
- first, please check you have include eclipse gradle plugin.
apply plugin : 'eclipse'
- then go to your project directory in terminal. type
gradle cleanand then
- then go to project in eclipse and refresh the project (go to project explorer, select root of the project and hit f5 to refresh, or right click and select refresh in context menu).
you have to select "refresh dependencies" in the "gradle" context menu that appears when you right-click the project in the package explorer.
- Update my gradle dependencies in eclipse
- Eclipse not recognizing Gradle dependencies
- Add dependencies via gradle to eclipse in android project
- Difference in Eclipse between Gradle Dependencies and Gradle Dependencies (persisted)
- Can the Gradle Eclipse Plugin attach source jar files to local jar dependencies
- Eclipse Gradle dependencies are not updated in Web App Libraries
- Eclipse Gradle Plugin: adding dependencies automatically like Maven
- Add dependencies in Eclipse using Gradle
- How to resolve dependencies from one gradle project to another gradle project in my Eclipse workspace?
- Can I get gradle to update my existing Eclipse project?
- Eclipse does not recognize gradle dependencies
- Sudden loss of dependencies in Eclipse Gradle project
- Eclipse is not using gradle dependencies jar during run or debug
- how to include Android gradle dependencies in Eclipse
- Ignore gradle transitive project dependencies using eclipse WTP
- Gradle Project Dependencies in Eclipse with Buildship
- Eclipse WTP + Gradle Buildship not deploying all project dependencies
- Gradle eclipse dependencies
- Gradle jettyRuns works but no dependencies in Eclipse
- Gradle eclipse using incorrect version for dependencies
- Eclipse won't resolve new Gradle dependencies
- Eclipse deletes external JARs from build path when Gradle dependencies are refreshed
- Eclipse content assist for Gradle dependencies
- Struggling to update JRE dependencies within Maven and Eclipse
- Gradle Eclipse task not resolving dependencies from MavenLocal
- Multiple Gradle Projects within one Eclipse Project - Refresh Dependencies
- Gradle Multi-project test dependencies no longer working in Eclipse for Gradle 6.7
- eclipse maven dependencies moved under classpath after maven update project
- How do I get the gradle eclipse plugin to build a classpath including my additional java test task dependencies
- Gradle dependencies not being exported to runnable jar by eclipse
More Query from same tag
- eclipse: change jre that is used to run ant
- Workflow for native libraries in Java / Maven
- Unresolveable build extension: Plugin org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-webdav-jackrabbit:1.0-beta-6
- how to auto-launch debugger in eclipse PyDev on error / exception
- Proper way to use 3rd party .so files in android
- Android questionnaire - saving users submissions to memory
- Clickable TextView in Android\Eclipse
- Eclipse debug collection variable values
- Can I install a new SR release for an Eclipse version by simply overwriting files?
- How to control the size of MasterDetailsBlock component in Eclipse RCP?
- Why ObjectIdGenerators.None cannot be resolved to a variable in Jackson 2?
- Strange behaviour extending abstract class (exercise)
- github,eclipse and android
- GAE - ClassNotFoundException after deployment to Appspot server
- How to select an individual cell in a SWT Tree with a TreeCursor
- Won't run the class, Java
- expected unqualified-id before token... 'std::'
- svn:ignore for a file already committed in subclipse
- Does project lombok works in jboss developer studio?
- java memory profiler?
- Eclipse luna mac osx package explorer tree view
- Accessing Scala instance variables from Java in Eclipse
- Eclipse to run android application on save
- How to create a maven project which will work in eclipse and from command line
- Android: Disable button's transparency
- android webview back button setOnClickListener
- Trouble Installing Eclipse Classic 4.2
- Eclipse error when building Workspace
- Launching an Eclipse 3.x RCP Application using bndtools
- Configuring eclipse CDT and openCV