the only way to remove the adt plugin from eclipse is to go to
help > about eclipse/about adt > installation details.
select a plug-in you want to uninstall, then click
uninstall... button at the bottom.
if you cannot remove adt from this location, then your best option is probably to start fresh with a clean eclipse install.
i got the same problem after clicking update plugins, i tried all the suggestions above and failed , the only thing that worked for my is reinstalling android studio..
if running on windows vista or later,
remember to run eclipse under a user with proper file permissions.
try to use the 'run as administrator' option.
i had the issue where after updating the sdk it would only update to version 20 and kept telling me that android 4.1 (api16) was available and only part of android 4.2 (api17) was available and there was no update to version 21.
after restarting several times and digging i found (was not obvious to me) going to the sdk manager and going to file -> reload solved the problem. immediately the other uninstalled parts of api17 were there and i was able to update the sdk. once updated to 4.2 then i could re-update to version 21 and voila.
good luck! david
i found a solution by myself after doing some research:
- go to eclipse home folder.
- search for 'android' => in windows 7 you can use search bar.
- delete all the file related to android, which is shown in the results.
- restart eclipse.
- install the adt plugin again and restart plugin.
now everything works fine.
- Uninstalling Android ADT
- Android Studio vs Eclipse + ADT Plugin?
- Cannot create or edit Android Virtual Devices (AVD) from Eclipse, ADT 22.6
- Android ADT error, dx.jar was not loaded from the SDK folder
- Eclipse Indigo - Cannot install Android ADT Plugin
- "Unable to get system library for project" after I upgraded to Android SDK 2.3 and ADT 8.0
- This Android SDK requires ADT version 23.0.0 or above. Current version is 22.6. Please update ADT to the latest version?
- Eclipse: won't let me use Android SDK, wrongly claims my ADT is out of date
- When I load ADT why do I receive the error "The Android SDK requires Android Developer Toolkit version XX.X.X or above?"
- Android Studio vs Eclipse with ADT (2015)
- ADT will not allow creation of Android Activity
- Installing ADT plugin in Eclipse for Android development
- Failed to install Android ADT
- Android ADT version 22, R.java files not generated
- How to install the Android ADT Plugin in Eclipse?
- Error importing Maven Android Android project to Eclipse with ADT 20
- What version of Eclipse is included with the SDK ADT bundle for Android Dev?
- After Installing ADT Plugin, Welcome to Android Development Doesnt Appear
- Using ADT and SDK manager, attach android source code to eclipse
- How to create n project with ADT r20 without including the android support library?
- How smart is Eclipse / ADT when it comes to Android Library Projects?
- Eclipse Indigo Android ADT - install OK, no "Android" option in Preferences and New Project
- android emulator in ADT plugin not running
- ADT Plugin can't install: Missing requirement: Android Development Tools
- Reconnect to debug process on Android using Eclipse with ADT
- Import android project in ADT Eclipse from github
- Eclipse ADT (Theme and Icon) is broken after updating Android SDK
- ADT (Eclipse) vs. Android Studio: How much APK file size difference is normal?
- I want to customize the build process while still using the Android Eclipse ADT plug-in
- Android preferences freeze when using ADT Plugin v9 with Eclipse on Mac?
More Query from same tag
- How to TDD in Ruby using Eclipse on Windows
- Building workspace(sleeping)
- how to find the installed plugins in eclipse
- Eclipse C++ content assist, auto activation
- Glassfish 3.1 remote debugging with Eclipse
- create a new file by java IO,the file name become "?????"s when I set the file name to Chinese
- Eclipse plug-in development: persist data in memory
- How to set up Chrome Developer Tools in Eclipse
- Running a groovy script in eclipse
- Google Cloud Endpoints (using GAE Java, Eclipse) - Which methods from class are included?
- HTC one x doesn't remember debug mode
- Trying to call an activity, but having troubles with onClick
- Attach Source Issue in Eclipse
- How to use PrimeFaces 3.2 in Eclipse Indigo SR2?
- ObservableList<Node> method reference error in Eclipse
- launch4j: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
- How can I add SlingSafeMethodsServlet to this AEM sample project through maven?
- How to add a specific Google play Services api to Eclipse android project
- Cannot connect to MySQL database in Java
- Android & a library project in eclipse
- When I run my app as Spring boot app at Eclipse, it throw org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException?
- eclipse v4.2.1 very slow on Windows 7
- Updating a java.sql.Date into a database using PreparedStatement
- AndEngine application always crashes
- Missing preview tab in Birt layout
- Building Workspace has encountered an issue
- Error while using Devloader for Tomcat 7
- Designate an arbitrary folder as Android assets?
- Maven command "mvn clean jetty:run" and other mvn commands are not working in Eclipse
- How to make AdMob work when developing on a 2.2 device?