it's not a perfect fix, but you can copy existing workspace preferences into any workspace. i keep a separate
.epf (eclipse preferences file, i guess) that i just import into every new workspace i create:
file → import... → general → preferences → next > from preference file
if you are writing java code, window -> preferences -> java -> jdt spelling
there are some ways for sharing preferences, but it doesn't come with the platform. the one i use is now available as an attachment to https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=334016 or more particular as attachment https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/attachment.cgi?id=196866
install into your eclipse. then you can export selected preferences to an .epf file. also add a preference (!) in preferences > general > common preferences which will share your settings across newly created workspaces.
i use this all the time and though it is not perfect, it does save a lot of effort in keeping my preferences aligned across workspaces.
preferences->general->editors->text editors->spelling uncheck the box "enable spell checking"
- Turn off spell checking in Eclipse for good
- How to turn off the Eclipse code formatter for certain sections of Java code?
- Turn off Eclipse formatter for selected code area?
- How to turn off error reporting by Eclipse for .md files
- Installed Nodeclipse on Eclipse Kepler, cannot turn off Java spell check
- How to turn off warnings for @string resource in eclipse for the Android SDK
- Eclipse - how to turn off dynamic compilation/error checking
- Adding a dictionary to Eclipse for spell checking other than the english one
- How do I turn off the "Visible only for test sources" feature in Eclipse Photon?
- How to turn off the Eclipse code formatter for certains sections of maven pom.xml
- How do I turn off automatic update checking for plugins in Mars Eclipse?
- How to turn off compile time errors for Java in Eclipse IDE
- Suggestions for spell checking HTML with Aptana plugin for Eclipse
- Eclipse 3.6, turn off autocomplete for Salesforce (force.com)
- Java Eclipse turn off auto build workspace on save
- how to turn off break line in eclipse
- Any good tutorial for moving from eclipse to vim?
- Turn off tooltips in Eclipse / Aptana
- Eclipse keeps re-checking my git repositories. How do I turn this off or change the interval?
- Turn off selected HTML errors in eclipse
- How to turn off the Javadoc hover in Eclipse (or selectively enable it)?
- Are there any good Continuous Testing plugins for Eclipse out right now?
- How to turn off Eclipse warning "The import is never used"?
- Eclipse - spell checking inside String Quotes ""
- How to turn off Eclipse auto expanded my project folders?
- PyDev - Turn off autocomplete + hotkey for completion suggestions?
- Speed up or turn off SVN cache update in Eclipse
- Turn off "error" about missing no-arg constructor in Eclipse
- How to turn off Eclipse console on Windows
More Query from same tag
- Internal mechanism of TreeViewer for updte
- Issue with Java Eclipse Project after exporting
- Perl PadWalker does not display variables declared with "our"
- How do I print the 0s and 1s automatically in the 2D array and count the 1s and 0s in it?
- Eclipse Kepler Crash after startup with Message:-Java heap space
- Library is not copied to Tomcat directory when deploying
- Unable to locate/open image inside exported jar
- How do I remove/add the python interpreter from eclipse?
- Eclipse randomly replacing tabs with spaces
- How to identify the dependent libraries I need
- Is there an easier ways to position JFrame Components in Eclipse?
- getNextEntry() doesn't display folder as an entry?
- Error Preverifying Class - Java / Eclipse / Blackberry
- Unhandled exception in android notified by Eclipse
- Invocation Target Exception, Dont know what to do
- I have an android project source code, but eclipse can't detect it to import
- How do I correct the package declaration for a set of classes under the same package in Eclipse?
- C++11 settings in Eclipse Indexer conflict with git
- Jfoenix 9 and fontawesome
- What impact does the Android build target have on the final APK?
- Can't add JDBC driver to Library scope
- generate java domain objects from database table
- Unable to start activity ComponentInfo
- Setting Nsight to run with existing Makefile project
- Compile external Java file during runtime using Eclipse
- Where's my android plugin?
- How to start eclipse with different version of Java?
- Automatically save files in eclipse when closing tab
- eclipse: Java ME SDK plugin doesn't work
- Data Driven testing using excel sheet for the content on different web pages using JAVA in Selenium WebDriver