best answer found at
it happened for me after un-installing java and installing new version.
all i have to do is in eclipse open installed jres from
windows --> preferences --> java --> installed jres
then add new jre information. details can be found here
the last answer is absolutely correct, however a fast track way is to delete the project reference from eclipse (make sure to keep unchecked delete source) and import your project folder again. this way the project configurations are reset by eclipse using the new jdk. but a wonderful post it did help me.
after java update ant build failed and the below steps fixed it .
right click on build.xml-run as-external tools go to jre tab and check the box to use the jre same as workspace.
removed below file and build maven project again, worked for me.
(ant file)run as--> external tool configuations, go to jre tab and choose jre
just delete the below file
"<your eclipse workspace location>\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.debug.core\.launches\<projectname>.xml.launch"
link to post
you can change what jre the ant bulid file is launched with inside eclipse.
right click on the ant file in the ant view and select "run as"->"ant..." from the context menu.
then in the launch dialog select the jre tab. note the error message at the top if it can't find the jre that it expects.
select a jre that you have installed or manage install a new one. you can also add vm arguments (enable logging or change memory alocation) if you need to in this dialog.
this is a preferred way tell projects which jdk container to use, especially true if two or more devs are using the same version controlled eclipse project folder.
list one or more jdks installed on your computer. eclipse defaults name to jdk1.x.x_xx you should keep it as is. never link project build settings directly to use these names.
window/preferences/java/installed jres/execution environments
list of common jvm environments such as javase-1.6 and javase-1-7 names. click rows and choose jre instance on the right side panel. these names are common and all team members should already have them in eclipse installation.
step 1: this is where you may accidentally have nothing chosen if jres were uninstalled or names changed in installedjres setting. you may get
specified vm install not found error dialog.
step 2: choose 2nd mouse on build.xml file/run as/ant build... popup menu entry. click on jre tab and choose execution environment. this may have obsolete value from the previous jdk values.
project properties/java build path/libraries
add library.../jre system library/(x)execution environment
choose execution environment to be used for this project. team members may not have exact _xx jdk build but they can use the same version controlled eclipse project settings. execution environment mapping hides user specific details.
just had this issue & the solution above does not work, atleast not for me.
instead i went the solution provided here:http://www.javaworkspace.com/vmnotfound.do
essentially you go to the directory c:\projects\workspace.metadata.plugins\org.eclipse.debug.core.launches
in there search for the string of the jdk that that eclipse is moaining about & change it to the name of your installed jdk that you want to use that eclipse knows about.
in my case it happen as i have changed my jre.
right click on your ant script > run as > external tool configurations... > go to jre tab > select jre
hope this help.
thanks, sagar vyas
- right click on build.xml
- go to "run as" >> "external tools configurations..."
- it shall open new window
- go to jre tab
- select proper jre if missing (sometimes jre tabs shows error mark on that.)
for more technical details or issue similar to this find my blog here.
- Specified VM install not found: type Standard VM, name jre7
- Eclipse - Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found (org.apache.httpcomponents.httpclient)
- Scipy ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found
- Why my code keep getting java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified?
- from scipy.linalg import _fblas: ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found
- JumpNote: main type is not specified
- Configuration with name 'default' not found when Importing from Git
- Open Type in Eclipse not showing multiple files of the same name
- com.google.android.gms.R$styleable not found after chaging name of package
- Spring Field required a bean of type that could not be found Spring JPA
- getting java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: The specified module could not be found while working with tesseract in windows
- Class not found Exception : Unknown Class Name
- Eclipse IDE Arduino (Sloeber) C++ String in class error does not name a type
- Type Not Found on SparkFlumeProtocol and EventBatch when building Spark in Eclipse
- Using an SDK, their header files are using typedefs that do not name a type
- Operation not supported for specified element type
- Type error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Theme.Holo.Light'.
- File Not Found When Absolute Path Is Specified in Java Eclipse
- MIME media type application/json was not found
- Error : 'ClassName' does not name a type
- 'function' does not name a type (in Eclipse)
- An element of type 'library' with ID 'some-id' could not be found
- Source not found jre7 lib has no source attachment
- How to ask a user for file name then scan folder for a specific type and if true open the filename if not then throw error
- HTTP Status 500 - Handler processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: The specified module could not be found
- Property not found on type org.javassist.tmp.java.lang.Object_$$_javassist_seam_2
- Eclipse - Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found (unzip Setup Task)
- Java installation not found in the specified folder Error - Glassfish Configuration
- Liferay 6.2 IDE - JSP validation - Type not found
- Type error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCom
More Query from same tag
- Cannot load resources in Annotation Processor (Not on classpath)
- Plusclient.connect() in android application is not working
- Context menu for TreeViewer based on selected node - SWT
- Can't get eclipse to run terminal command on mac
- How to add text hovers for generic eclipse editor- generic text hover for all text editors
- Reusing images in same layout
- need help changing my package name in eclipse
- acm.jar ECLIPSE on Linux Problem
- Eclipse RCP with google Windowbuilder pro
- invalid command-line parameter: partition-size
- I need help getting the user to enter 10 currencies instead of 1
- Google APIs throw no-crunch error for android
- Gradle and Eclipse project references
- Testing simple Android chat messenger
- Organize imports in eclipse java
- Trying to install Eclipse w/ ADT plugin
- Android not changing my TextView when I need it to
- Why does eclipse make delegated methods protected by default?
- JVM terminates when launching eclipse with J2SE 6.0 on mac os x (need J2SE 6.0 for Oracle enterprise pack for eclipse)
- Customize Eclipse Code Assist
- JsonMappingException on a Hadoop program with Eclipse
- Debug point inside the java util class
- taskdef class org.eclipse.acceleo.parser.compiler.AcceleoCompiler cannot be found using the classloader
- How to change the name and folder of robot logs/report file?
- Modifying font in title causes error
- How do I create a floating window using onClick attribute in Android?
- MQTT Android Studio and Raspberry PI Broker
- Git bash win32exception: Failed to write credentials
- Using eclipse for java, why can't i open avi video in opencv?