at the top level menus, select 'search' -> 'file search' then near the bottom (in the scope) there is a choice to select the entire workspace.
for your "file search has encountered a problem", you need to refresh the files in your workspace, in the project/package explorer, right click and select "refresh" at any level (project, folder, file). this will sync your workspace with the underlying file system and prevent the problem.
in your eclipse editor screen, try control + shift + r buttons.
you will get an window, you can give either simple search text or regx pattern. once you enter your search keyword click search and make sure that scope is workspace.
you may use this for replace as well.
ctrl+shift+l and type your string
eclipse instasearch plugin is a very useful plugin for search needs inside eclipse. it is based on lucene. this is also available in eclipse marketplace.
it has extensive feature set.
- instantly shows search results
- shows a preview using relevant lines
- periodically updates the index
- matches partial words (e.g. case in camelcase)
- opens and highlights matches in files
- searches jar source attachments
- supports filtering by extension/project/working set
a lot of answers only explain how to do the search.
to view the results look for a search tab (normally docked at the bottom of the screen):
ctrl+ h, select "file search", indicate the "file name pattern", for example *.xml or *.java. and then select the scope "workspace"
press ctrl + h, should bring up the search that will include options to search via project, directory, etc.
ctrl + alt + g can be used to find selected text across a workspace in eclipse.
- Searching a string in eclipse workspace
- Eclipse shortcut for searching word in workspace
- Eclipse (Kepler) Workspace acting weird (type hierarchy, searching for references not working)
- Search a string in entire workspace using eclipse plugin
- Search eclipse workspace where string not starting with
- Searching for similar string in eclipse using regex
- Some projects cannot be imported because they already exist in the workspace error in Eclipse
- Paste a multi-line Java String in Eclipse
- Changing the case of a string in Eclipse
- Create a new workspace in Eclipse
- Starting Eclipse w/ Specific Workspace
- Replace String in all files in Eclipse
- eclipse stuck when building workspace
- Where in an Eclipse workspace is the list of projects stored?
- Disable building workspace process in Eclipse
- How to Clone an Eclipse Workspace
- eclipse workspace: how to rename workspace
- pep8 warning on regex string in Python, Eclipse
- Eclipse + EGit: clone project into workspace
- Java "constant string too long" compile error. Only happens using Ant, not when using Eclipse
- What are the gigantic *.CFS files all about in Eclipse workspace plugin folder?
- Searching files in Eclipse
- Java Eclipse turn off auto build workspace on save
- Opening an Eclipse project already in my workspace
- Eclipse freezing at startup - before loading workspace
- Eclipse import project error, overlaps workspace location
- Moving Eclipse Workspace from ~ to new directory?
- Eclipse always Building workspace
- Clean out Eclipse workspace metadata
- Find/replace across workspace in eclipse
More Query from same tag
- Eclipse: Debugging & inspection of variables causes com.sun.jdi.ObjectCollectedException
- java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-01797: this operator must be followed by ANY or ALL
- C++: Virtual functions in dynamic shared library produce segfault
- Error running Django tests
- How to avoid huge Java Files when generating from XML Schema With Many Identical Element Names
- How can I read COMM ports from Eclipse IDE
- org.codehaus.mojo not visible in Eclipse
- Remove Gnome style from Eclipse Luna
- JPA Criteria Query. How to get rid of Strings parameters. Build queries without strings in criteria api. Type safe queries
- How to toggle visibility of a view in Eclipse with a keyboard shortcut?
- outputting RSSI wifi strength
- Debugging java swing application in eclipse
- deviceReady not working in PhoneGap application
- Unfortunately stopwatch has stopped in emulator
- Why do I get Link of class failed importing a jar into an Android project in Eclipse?
- Efficient way to determine whether two IPath's point to the same resource
- In Eclipse RCP, how do we add a combo control to the main toolbar and update it when a new editor is activated
- How to redesign an AlertDialog
- Eclipse tab titles not displayed correctly
- View from layout?
- Eclipse Refactor all method call
- Q: import javax.annotation.Generated
- fail to get current time in c
- why I cannot use "run Android lint" from menu "Window" in Eclipse in toolbar I can run it, is it OK?
- Hibernate error - QuerySyntaxException: administrator is not mapped error
- Android video capturing on emulator
- How to make the runnable jar file for a maven eclipse project with hibernate configuration
- Is it possible to view what shell commands Eclipse is making?
- Phonegap hello world app could not launch in emulator through CLI
- Theano + Windows + CUDA, work well using CMD, but encoutered error in eclipse (warning C4819)