here are the steps:
- click on the
build orderin the tree
use default build order
apply and close
the issue disappeared after some update of the eclipse libraries (still using the same build). so i guess the solution is to perform an update.
switched to eclipse photon one week, didn't see the annoying "remote system...." any longer.
i was also experienced multiple remote system explorer operations while compiling a c++ project in eclipse (i'm using nsight bu nvidia - eclipse based platform). after i did all the suggested solutions here, i still had the problem.
but- when i changed the
-wall option to
-w option for the gcc compiler the problem disappeared.
go to - project properties -> build-> settings -> tool settings tab-> gcc compiler -> warnings -> uncheck
-wall and check
the same goes for g++ compiler.
i also experienced "
remote system explorer operation" tasks running on resource save.
aspectj around method in my case, it was caused by
aspectj around method spring aop markers creation.
aspectj markers from the
eclipse markers console system hang issue will be solved automatically.
window -> show view -> other... -> remote system details (or maybe remote systems)
this is with eclipse 4.3 kepler (2013/2014)
find the all non-local items and delete them. i could not see any disable function.
for me this seems to stop the extra 1 to 3 second delay (on intel i7 box) when saving with editor and an auto-build completes.
http://forum.spring.io/forum/spring-projects/springsource-tool-suite/128402-sts-3-3-0-m2-and-remote-system-explorer-poor-performances hints that sts 3.4m1+ might alleviate the problems, i have not yet tried this as i only run ga releases so will try when kepler sr1 comes out in 7 days from now.
for me at this time for spring tool suite 3.9.4. release disabling remote system via preferences menu fixed the issue. here is the reference that helped me. but after a while, the problem is there again!
i have experienced "remote system explorer operation" tasks running on resource save.
kepler + aspectj + springsource in my case, it was caused by invalid aspectj pointcut definitions. i had 30 pointcuts and 4 of them referenced a deleted class. i have noticed blinking spring aop markers.
after i have fixed the pointcuts, the freezing stopped.
i think i may have found a work-around for this issue...
- if the window pops up, close it then click the stop button at the bottom
- uncheck "build automatically" under project
- project | build project
- check "build automatically"
now, try what you were doing again.
i'm having this issue also.
i have found that the operation is part of the
remote system explorer plugin which comes packaged with
springsource 3.3 (kepler). trying to figure out how to uninstall it now. will post back here once i find it.
information on how to install can be found here (step 3): http://www.patrickjwaters.com/blog/2011-07-24/how-setup-eclipse-php-pdt-remote-system-explorer-theme-manager-and-drupal-plugins/35
as for uninstall i'm still trying (the option to uninstall is greyed out for me in the installation details panel).
windows > preferences > remote systems, setting everything to false but the problem still occurred.
we've since moved to a vanilla install of eclipse kepler and just added the plugins we require (excluding remote system explorer). this has fixed the issue.
close the git-staging view !
i had the same problem on my eclipse 4.3 kepler. after removing (closing) the git-staging view the problem was resolved !
this was driving me crazy too.
thanks to this topic i got to understand it was the plugin
rse, but i could not uninstall the
remote system explorer plugin tool either.
i had to remove all the plugins whose name started by org.eclipse.rse in
plugins/, it's working now.
here are the steps:
- click on the
startup and shutdownin the tree
remote systemsin the tree
re-open remote systems view to previous state
- restart eclipse
note: you must have eclipse 4.3.1 (or newer) due to a bug on previous version
- "Remote System Explorer Operation" causing freeze for couple of seconds
- How to avoid Remote System Explorer Operation on eclipse?
- Where can I download for eclipse RSE ( Remote System Explorer ) offline plugin?
- Enable pep8 in Eclipse for Remote System Explorer
- Eclipse remote system explorer and sudo
- Is Eclipse SSH Remote System Explorer broken on Windows?
- Disable Sonarlint automatic scan for Eclipse Remote Systems Explorer
- Building with Eclipse and Remote System Explorer
- Installing Remote System Explorer in Eclipse Kepler
- Eclipse Remote System Explorer problems
- Netbeans for remote system development - PHP
- Using Netbeans for PHP, any remote system explorer?
- What is the API for Show in System Explorer in Eclipse Platform
- How to export connection using Eclipse Remote System Explorer
- eclipse plugins for remote system
- Eclipse: set shortcut for "Open With -> Java Editor" and "Open With -> System Editor" and switch to Package Explorer via keyboard
- Eclipse Remote System Explorer and ImportError: No module named RPi.GPIO
- Errors when creating remote projects using Eclipse Remote System Explorer
- Remote Java Debugging with Eclipse's Remote System Explorer
- How can I configure the font size for the tree item in the package explorer in Eclipse?
- "Unable to get system library for project" after I upgraded to Android SDK 2.3 and ADT 8.0
- "No system images installed for this target" even though Image is installed
- unable to get system library for the project on eclipse ide
- User Operation is waiting for "Building Workspace"
- Eclipse package explorer have different icons for each file type: interfaces, abstract classes, etc
- the user operation is waiting for background work to complete
- no cpu/abi system image available for this target
- Is it possible to use the Gradle build system for Android with Eclipse?
- Set System Property for JUnit Runner (Eclipse) to test a Spring Web App
- DDMS showing empty file explorer for online emulator
More Query from same tag
- Should i Import appcompact_v7 to android studio
- Eclipse WebApp deploying over Maven with Tomcat results in Error: 'Failed to deploy application at context path'
- Turn off Eclipse formatter for selected code area?
- Configuration required for ant xml to build correct jar using java 1.8.0_40 and ant 1.9.0
- The AlertDialog does not apper
- Can't install Maven SCM Handler for EGit for Juno
- Different kind of exception while i run test both eclipse and console?
- Cocos2d.h No such file or directory
- skin and snippet in eclipse PDT
- Scala's eval in eclipse plugin development
- How to get rid of the outline view when developing a new perspective for an eclipse plugin?
- Tomcat Installation on Eclipse
- Maven for Eclipse 1.5.0 plugin cannot be installed under Kepler
- How to add a new jarfile to eclipse project
- Is writing plug in for eclipse dependent on operating system?
- Exception rised when runing jnotify program in linux
- How can I change the font of layout (XML) editor in Eclipse?
- Why does this OSGi Import-Package not work?
- how to run svm light in java eclipse?
- Eclipse - running on real device
- My app crashes every time I run this code
- Set method return type to 'void'. Dont quite understand
- How to compare 2 columns and concatenate in Scala
- Trying to resolve duplicate packages detected in AndroidManifest.xml
- Getting error in the .print() of Flink in java in eclipse
- java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.ws.rs.core.Application.getProperties()Ljava/util/Map; error after moving eclipse workspace
- Cuda eclipse and time.h, Symbol 'CLOCK_PROCESS_CPUTIME_ID' could not be resolved although program runs
- Eclipse is showing status as Launching: Starting Virtual Machine takes very long time
- How to close a Scanner in Java correctly which uses Locale
- Reading txt, mp3 and other files from Android Studio