disclaimer, i work at aptana. i would point out there are some nice features for js that you might not get so easily elsewhere. one is plugin-level integration of js libraries that provide codeassist, samples, snippets and easy inclusion of the libraries files into your project; we provide the plugins for many of the more commonly used libraries, including yui, jquery, prototype, dojo and ext js.
it recently became free, check out my post about it. given that it was an expensive product not long ago, i guess it's worth checking out.
there once existed a plugin called jseclipse that adobe has subsequently sucked up and killed by making it available only by purchasing and installing flexbuilder 3 (please someone prove me wrong). i found it to worked excellent but have since lost it since "upgrading" from eclipse 3.4 to 3.4.1.
the feature i liked most was content outline.
in the outline window of your eclipse screen, jseclipse lists all classes in the currently opened file. it provides an overview of the class hierarchy and also method and property names. the outline makes heavy use of the code completion engine to find out more about how the code is structured. by clicking on the function entry in the list the cursor will be taken to the function declaration helping you navigate faster in long files with lots of class and method definitions
i too have struggled with this totally obvious question. it seemed crazy that this wasn't an extremely easy-to-find feature with all the web development happening in eclipse these days.
i was very turned off by aptana because of how bloated it is, and the fact that it starts up a local web server (by default on port 8000) everytime you start eclipse and you can't disable this functionality. adobe's port of jseclipse is now a 400mb plugin, which is equally insane.
- Embedding a text editor within another Eclipse editor
- Create a toolbar within the Eclipse text editor
- List all public methods of an instance within Eclipse editor
- Unable to get the Angular editor within the Eclipse AngularJS plugin to work properly
- Liberty Profile Configuration Editor within Eclipse MARS no longer appears
More Query from same tag
- Unable to load library 'kernel32'
- Trouble installing pydev for Eclipse
- How to create a new variable using debug shell
- Eclipse on Windows 7 - Add PHP Support greyed out
- webview activity links not opens in browser
- Cannot add a glassfish server in eclipse!
- Getting method help, while using Eclipse Pydev
- Eclipse+Derby - Program runs outside; Classpath+Eclipse conflict?
- Break on exception in pydev
- Tomcat 7 not setup properly in Eclipse Juno
- concept of JRE system library in eclipse
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/Authenticator - causing fxml page not to load
- How to open a picture in gallery
- How to integrate log4j 2 into my Spring project?
- Alternative way of commenting in Bitbucket
- Servlet directory structure realization in Dynamic Web Project in Eclipse
- Relax NG in Eclipse
- Eclipse IDE for (Embedded C/C++) Developers 2020-12: Classic dark theme deep black color background and text in menu
- Missing Java Build Path for Maven project
- Eclipse OSX Keyboard shortcuts find/replace
- How to minimize an IFolder in the ICustomPerspectiveLayout
- Testng - invalid version "6.3-201110161418": non-numeric "3-201110161418"
- Memory Setting for OC4J in Eclipse
- Displaying launch configuration type in Eclipse
- Executing java program on Hadoop
- proper way to configure a project in eclipse for eSWT?
- Add a new entry in the right click menu
- Eclipse does not recognize gradle dependencies
- Overloading operator *
- Why are refactoring shortcuts in eclipse missing on mac os?