after you press alt+shift+r as mentioned by kostja, you can select the text you want to change, then
- ctrl+shift+y for lowercase, or
- ctrl+shift+x for uppercase.
- cmd+shift+y lowercase
- cmd+shift+x uppercase
there is no intelligence in this. it just blindly changes the case on the selected characters.
note: this tip comes from eclipse help. if you need to find it, click help, search, then type "uppercase". you'll find a page with lots of shortcuts.
no. you'll have to use the standard rename refactoring and retype the variable name in capital letters.
capitalizing variable names should be limited to those cases, where we change a class attribute to a "constant", and this doesn't happen that often...
pressing alt+shift+r gives you all the power to refactor your variable name to your liking. afaik, there is no tool or shortcut that does just the capitalizing.
there are a number of problems:
foobar -> foobar and vice-versa are unlikely to occur unless someone has been ignoring the java style guidelines. (i rarely encounter such code, and when i do my initial reaction is to write off the code as beyond salvage.)
foobar -> foo_bar and vice-versa are plausible, but pretty unusual.
foobar -> foobar is also plausible, but it is problematic. it would entail eclipse figuring out where the intended word boundaries are in a sequence of characters, and that is hard to get right.
if you look at these, they are all either unlikely to be needed much, or too hard to do properly. hence, it doesn't surprise me that they are not supported by the standard eclipse codebase.
what i find useful is column select using alt+shift+a and select a column of letters. then use ctrl+shift+y or ctrl+shift+x to lower case or uppercase letters.
this works for eclipse on windows.
- Is there a way to quickly capitalize the variable name in Eclipse
- Is there a way to capitalize the first letter of a value of a variable in Eclipse (Helios) code templates
- Is there a way to create an Eclipse project excluding the project name in the path?
- Is there a way to change the eclipse template variable tab order?
- Is there a way to upgrade eclipse and keep all the installed plugins?
- Is there a way to prevent Eclipse from opening the browser when starting a Web application?
- Is there a way to add the workspace path to the Eclipse IDE title bar?
- Is there a way in the Eclipse debugger to be notified when the state of a Java object changes?
- Is there a way in Eclipse to change the ECMAScript compliance level?
- In the Eclipse Debugger (for Java), is there a way to inspect arbitrary values?
- How to quickly copy the current editing file name or full file path in Eclipse (Luna)?
- Is there a way to create a shortcut in Eclipse that would jump the cursor to the nth column in the current row?
- Is there a simple, consistent way to change the color scheme of Eclipse editors?
- Is there a way to force Eclipse to open in the default perspective?
- Is there a way to copy code from the Eclipse IDE without the rich-text formatting?
- Is there a easier way of running an android application using the eclipse emulator?
- How to stop Eclipse from putting the variable type after the variable name
- In Eclipse PyDev is there a way to exclude arbitrary file-types from the Pydev Package explorer?
- Is there a way to make the java eclipse formatter not align the @param descriptions?
- Is there a way to open the simple SQL editor in Eclipse by default?
- Is there a way to center the current line vertically in the Eclipse editor?
- Is there a Eclipse template variable for short version of enclosing type name
- Developing for android, is there a way to cause eclipse to rebuild an app when only the source of its libraries was modified?
- Is there a way to run the ObjectAid Sequence Diagram Eclipse plugin despite the site being closed?
- Is there a way to store the complete configuration of Eclipse so that no further config is necessary?
- Is there any way to run eclipse plug-in applications without fully start the eclipse platform
- Is there a way to apply color labels to packages in the Eclipse Package Explorer view?
- Is there a way to share the Eclipse task list within svn repository?
- Java / Eclipse profiling: Is there a way to show the number of method calls to each method?
- What's the Eclipse keyboard shortcut to select the variable name / to expand the selection?
More Query from same tag
- nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.util.HibernateAwareObjectMapper
- Android - Unlock A Button Every X hours
- How to validate XML files without specifying xmlns namespace attribute in the root element in Eclipse IDE?
- Bringing convenience of Java code assistant from Eclipse to Visual Studio 2010 for native C++ projects
- Eclipse - Docker integration
- BreakPoints not being hit?
- Change overview ruler color in Eclipse
- R.java never appears
- Eclipse-like features in Visual Studio
- C++ Error: "Multiple markers at this time: no matching function for call to" in constructor
- FATAL EXCEPTION: UpdateThread, null pointer Exception
- Java Eclipse folder with git
- how to run a war file in maven application?
- Cannot build C project by Eclipse when two c sources are in the project
- GooglePlayServices not working after ActionBarSherlock imported
- Should I consider serialization issues when designing abstract classes?
- Export custom android eclipse project to maven build type
- eclipse plugin > how to include a jar file programmaticaly
- PyDev Unit Test Set Run Directory
- How to click on dynamic buttons when a certain WebElement condition is true
- When using Mylyn in Eclipse, why do task context elements not show up in the navigator view?
- how do you access a static variable of an object in java?
- Debug doesn't start on Eclipse
- android/eclipse isn't open
- Where is scanf() reading input from, if not from the keyboard?
- Ignoring single finding of FindBugs
- How to download ONE image from remote server and display in ANDROID (CLOSED)
- Control-M -> ENTER in Eclipse
- How to set Eclipse character encoding in version control?