edit 2010/10/26 (comment from simon gibbs):
the web tools project jsp editor is in the "web page editor (optional)" project.
edit 2016/08/16 (extended comment from dan carter):
from kepler (eclipse 4.3.x) on, this is called "jsf tools - web page editor".
oracle workshop for weblogic is supposed to have a pretty nice jsp editor but i've never used it. you needn't be using weblogic to use it.
bravo jsp editor (can't comment on how good it is, i haven't tried it) http://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/bravo-jsp-editor
i'm using webstorm on the deployed files
myeclipse has a pretty decent one, it costs money however. one of the reasons i went over to netbeans is because of their jsp editor, which is still far from perfect but better then vanilla eclipse.
check out this one, it's open source http://amateras.sourceforge.jp/cgi-bin/fswiki_en/wiki.cgi?page=eclipsehtmleditor
you could check out jboss tools plugin.
"web page editor (optional)" package from the eclipse galileo/helios update site has the following very minor quirks in a jsp editor:
- auto-commenting in java code fragments does not work (ctrl /); [fixed in helios sr2]
- [present in galileo, fixed in eclipse helios sr1] if a java code fragment has errors that are already fixed, the editor does not remove the error marks until you modify the erroneous place or close/reopen the file being edited;
this was valid at dec 7, 2010.
i followed the advice of simon gibbs in this answer and found it worked out fine - if you're in a hurry, the "web page editor (optional)" package from the eclipse update site does the trick.
for the eclipse-challenged (me) help > install new software > work with > expand web, xml, and java ee development > select "web page editor (optional)" and "next-through" to completion.
- Is there a good JSP editor for Eclipse?
- Is there a reStructuredText markup editor for eclipse
- Are there any good Continuous Testing plugins for Eclipse out right now?
- Is there any Image Editor available for Eclipse Helios
- Is there an option in eclipse like "view servlet" in netbeans for jsp files?
- Is there an Eclipse html editor suitable for Django (an Eclipse plugin)?
- Is there a good examples and documentation of jface databinding framework for Eclipse 3.4?
- JSP Editor for Eclipse Juno
- Eclipse JDT: Is there a keyboard shortcut for opening new editor panes?
- Is there a good quality interface "painter" for Android on Eclipse
- 32 bit Java on 64 bit Windows 7 for running JBoss JSP Editor in Eclipse Juno
- Eclipse Java Editor Templates... why is there no variable for a type?
- Eclipse extension point for attribute content in JSP editor (webtools)
- Is there a CSS editor for Aptana or Eclipse that supporting CSSEdit groups?
- Is there a good tool for Eclipse to edit SWT interface graphically (WYSIWYG)?
- Lightweight SQL editor for Eclipse
- Turn off spell checking in Eclipse for good
- Best XML editor for Eclipse
- Is there a key binding for Next Difference and Previous Difference in Eclipse Compare Editor?
- eclipse xml editor inserts tabs for spaces
- Is there a shortcut in Eclipse for generating code for decorators?
- Eclipse plugin for HTML WYSIWYG editor
- "Selection cannot be launched and there are no recent launches” when Eclipse for Android Project Dev
- Any good tutorial for moving from eclipse to vim?
- Velocity editor plugin for Eclipse Luna
- Is there a plugin for Eclipse that makes automatic imports smarter?
- How configure eclipse for jsp formatting?
- Indentation guide for the eclipse editor
More Query from same tag
- SQL Syntax error near ' 'x')' at line 1 (Insert statement)
- How can I Display a wizard link without a category or display a category above General category in eclipse importWizard
- how to fix the android project
- JAVA is required to run android project in eclipse for windows 7
- How Do I Package and Deploy an Eclipse Java Application?
- java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.Double when running openjdk
- Compilation Error: AnnotationName expected instead
- PyDev On Eclipse Portable, PyDev refuses to work
- Eclipse plugin reuse outside eclipse
- Mark files to be committed at project completion?
- JAX-WS Web Services and Eclipse Dynamic Web Project
- logging frameworks and logback.xml
- Why won't my java Minecraft plugin register in the server?
- PyDev: How to get a call heirarchy? How to jump to a declaration?
- Maven pom error in eclipse with Scala
- Eclipse set build automatically option In eclipse off by default
- Cannot install Checkstyle plugin on Eclipse Mars
- Eclipse's Dead Code warning when it is reachable?
- JAVA pointer being freed was not allocated
- Is there a command in Eclipse like Vim's "o"?
- Eclipse dependencies
- Eclipse emulator isn't running up to date version of android app
- How to arrange items of folders of my project in eclipse?
- IntelliJ & Eclipse: debug Java application started by Maven exec:exec
- what is the work of R.java and BuildConfig.java both are auto generated files
- Theano Test File Will Not Compile
- c++ header file redefenition error
- Perspective not loading in RCP when tried more than one
- Eclipse Juno, maven project not able to run on server
- JBehave Eclipse Plugin do not react on Ctrl+F