eclipse offers working sets. you can reduce the projects shown in the package explorer and other places to whichever projects you defined into the working set. you can also show the union of various sets, and similar gymnastics.
you can define/edit/delete working sets from the little triangle dropdown menu on the package explorer and similar directory views.
since eclipse mars m5, you can see a hierarchical view of nested projects in the project explorer view. in the view menu, click "projects layout > hierarchical". https://www.eclipse.org/mars/noteworthy/#_nested_hierarchical_view_of_projects
working sets are great, but they don't work if the projects in one working set has the same name as in another, and such occurs in some ti c2000 chip examples that are in different directories.
what about eclipse working sets? you define a working set and then add some projects to it. later you could select a working set and only the projects you selected earlier are shown in project explorer. simpl grouping to reduce clutter.
you have two options, as far as i know:
use the already suggested working set option: you can create custom groups, use them to focus on a particular area of a project, activate them through mylin; a really powerful tool indeed
use the basic concept of workspace which allows you to work on many projects and relate them (via the build path "projects" tab, and "java ee module dependencies") so that when you need resources from other projects or you need to deploy them along with your main web application eclipse will do that for you
working sets, you can add and organize them as shown in the picture :
as you can see my java projects are in working sets like
when you create an all new project, just add the project to your working set, like this :
- Is it possible to group projects in Eclipse?
- Is it possible to specify in Eclipse managed projects the path of a library independent of configuration
- is it possible to commit all selected projects from Eclipse to one github repository
- Some projects cannot be imported because they already exist in the workspace error in Eclipse
- Where in an Eclipse workspace is the list of projects stored?
- How Do I Upload Eclipse Projects to GitHub?
- Is it possible to use arrow keys alone to expand tree node in package explorer in Eclipse on Linux?
- Eclipse JUnit - possible causes of seeing "initializationError" in Eclipse window
- Things possible in Eclipse that aren’t possible in IntelliJ?
- Eclipse projects not showing up after placing project files in workspace/projects
- is it possible to "go back" in java eclipse debugger like dragging the arrow in VS
- How to build and run Maven projects after importing into Eclipse IDE
- How to import Eclipse projects to IntelliJ IDEA?
- How to update Pandas from Anaconda and is it possible to use eclipse with this last
- is it possible to edit code while debugging in visual studio, like in eclipse (java)
- How to use Gradle to generate Eclipse and Intellij project files for Android projects
- How do I open my existing Eclipse projects in Android Studio?
- Importing multiple projects with the same name in Eclipse
- Importing multiple projects into eclipse
- Is it possible to host an Eclipse update site on Github?
- Eclipse workspaces and projects vs IntelliJ projects and modules?
- Eclipse Maven Projects get rid of wb-resource warnings
- Is possible install Eclipse IDE in a Galaxy Tab?
- Is it possible to make an eclipse p2 provisioning mechanism running *locally*?
- Is it possible to colour code the editor tabs in eclipse by project?
- Adding referenced Eclipse projects to Maven dependencies
- Is it possible for Eclipse to terminate gently instead of using SIGKILL?
- Tomcat throws ClassNotFound exceptions for classes in other open eclipse projects
- Is it possible to have multiple Eclipse installs on one computer?
- How to build SCons projects with Eclipse CDT?
More Query from same tag
- Eclipse Paho can not keep connection
- android sdk download finished with wrong size
- debugging not able to inspect the variables
- missing jars when publishing a web app to glassfish with eclipse juno and maven integration
- How to get active perspective name in Eclipse plugin development
- Can anyone recommend a good reference for setting up Hibernate3 with Eclipse?
- How to control jobs of different families in eclipse
- How can I save generic Type information in xcore model?
- Is there any way to write php code and make it usable with same web-app which is in j2ee
- Maven configuration for Spring and Spock in STS
- How to store global parameter in IBM Community Server
- cannot read image in jar file: javafx
- How to update LibPng in an Android project?
- Cannot search for artifact in Eclipse Kepler using m2e plugin
- Why is LogCat showing all items as warnings (orange)?
- Why does not mnt/sdcard/Android/data folder exist on my emulated devices?
- Run New Class in existing project ECLIPSE
- Which file runs Eclipse to start a JBoss server
- How can to make a web app project validation fast in eclipse IDE?
- Python script working in IDLE, but not working when run from CMD or Eclipse
- build error related to g++ -c flag
- what's the difference between "dynamic web project" with JSF facet and "JSF project"?
- ADT won't update to 21.1
- Using JSP Files outside of the Eclipse IDE
- "Loader Constraint Violation" when converting Eclipse dynamic web project to Maven
- efficient ways to structure large code fragments
- Why does this program loop right away and not when it should be?
- GoClipse Installation Error
- your project contains errors Eclipse Red Exclamation Mark At Project
- Why can't I step through Java API classes?