eclipse has a really cool concept call scrapbook pages where you can evaluate statements even when you're not debugging. however, if you want to eval code using values from the current program, go to window->show view->expressions. there you can put in any expression you want and track it as your program executes.
inspect ctrl-shift-i or display ctrl-shift-d?
yes. the view name is "display".
window->show view->other it is under the debug folder.
once in there you evaluate statements while in the debugger.
- Immediate Window for Eclipse
- How to get the graphical layout Window back in Eclipse for Android Application Design?
- version 1.7 of the jvm is not suitable for this product. version 1.8 greater is required for eclipse nano in window
- How to configure Eclipse for PyDev? Python doesn't appear in Preferences window
- No Synchronization in the Eclipse Navigator Window for the Neon Release
- How to change the font for the Eclipse Content Assist (Template Proposals) window
- How to restrict the minimum size of the window for Eclipse e4
- Integrate window tester with eclipse for testing UI
- PyDev does not show up in Window > Preferences for Eclipse 4.7 (Oxygen)
- Eclipse Javadoc-like window for PHP
- What is the most suggested Eclipse toolkits for rapid window development
- How to obtain a log file for Audit Window from JBoss Drools Eclipse plugin?
- Eclipse window "workspace launcher" for selecting a workspace is invisble under ubunt 14.04
- Adding title to window border for Eclipse RCP detached view
- Appropriate object for typical window in Eclipse
- Open file for editing in new window inside Eclipse
- Empty window space for Eclipse e4 RCP part extracted to fragment in separate plugin project
- Window Tester Pro for eclipse based application (AUT)
- eclipse press F2 for focus popping up different window
- Window Azure Tools for Eclipse - failed
- How to turn off the Eclipse code formatter for certain sections of Java code?
- How to change font size in Eclipse for Java text editors?
- Dark color scheme for Eclipse
- Eclipse IDE for Java - Full Dark Theme
- How to install plugin for Eclipse from .zip
- How do I enable index downloads in Eclipse for Maven dependency search?
- Search for all files in project containing the text 'querystring' in Eclipse
- Get source jar files attached to Eclipse for Maven-managed dependencies
- How to output messages to the Eclipse console when developing for Android
- Which Eclipse version should I use for an Android app?
More Query from same tag
- Doing a Miles Calculator in Java and got stuck
- Eclipse Plugin: Is there a way to get the External Tools Configurations Tree?
- Errors when creating a new Android project
- Add a restored Java project to Eclipse?
- Eclipse v4.7.2 without delta-pack: How to perform a multiplatform headless PDE build?
- Android Studio Library reference ..\OpenCV-2.4.6-android-sdk\sdk\java could not be found
- Problem with source of my JAVA Project- Can not upload it to Eclipse
- Build error using C++ Eclipse
- Can't build project after moving workspace
- Is it possible to get the diagnostics printed out for a C program in Java?
- Date in android document title?
- Android: pixel-perfect layouts for each resolution
- how to use GCMV in Eclipse?
- unsigned APK can not be installed - google maps app
- Eclipse&Maven - The import org.hibernate.boot.cannot be resolved
- Eclipse GEF Edtor
- "An internal error occurred" when trying to commit to git from eGit in Eclipse
- JFileChooser and eclipse
- Setting Eclipse STS to use Java 8 to compile java code of my project
- Eclipse change src folder to src/main/java permanently
- Eclipse Debugger: Threads vs "Daemon" Threads
- How to run a map reduce job using Java -jar command
- Show only trailing whitespace in IntelliJ Idea
- How to deploy a RESTful Jersey webservice through eclipse on Tomcat that is bound to a particular IP Address
- Using Drools on Jetty
- ant copying android project -> not compiling 'error: Error: String types not allowed (at 'layout_width' with value 'match_parent'). '
- How to correct errors associated with code completion on Eclipse with TFS (Team Explorer Everywhere) plugin?
- How to accommodate multiple coding styles? (git vs. IDE)
- how to use one sonar server on multiple machines
- Could not delete /.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp0/wtpwebapps/appname/WEB-INF/lib. May be locked by another process