if none of the other options works, then this could be an issue with the version of the jdk itself, just uninstall the current jdk and install the latest version.
i also faced this issue. after trying everything, i upgraded to the latest jdk and this issue was resolved on its own.
i was facing the same issue when i was using tomcat 8.5 with java 10. i installed java 8(1.8.0_171) and it's working fine without any issues.
on ubuntu (version 18), some application support java 8 and do not support java 11. if this is the case , you can switch to java 8 by following instruction on below topic : https://askubuntu.com/questions/1133216/downgrading-java-11-to-java-8
i had to add an older jdk on my project.
right button on project folder > properties > java build path > libraries > add library > jre system library
in case you don't have the package for jdk8, download the jdk that some user mentioned above (http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/8u172-b11/a58eab1ec242421181065cdc37240b08/jdk-8u172-windows-x64.exe) and click on "installed jres" and search for the directory you downloaded the jdk8.
then click on finish.
remove the apache server and add again.
the magic is done ;)
i had the same issue today when running the ancient software dundjinni, a mapping tool, on windows 10. (dundjinni requires a rather old installation of java; i haven’t tried updating java, for fear the programme will fail.) my method was to simply run dundjinni in administrator mode. here is how:
click start or press the start key, navigate down to the software, rightclick the programme, choose more, then choose run as administrator. note that this option is not available if you simply type the name of the software.
-open installed version of tomcatx.exe from the tomcat lib folder
-from the tomcat9 properties screen, select the java tab
-remove the line "-djava.endorsed.dirs=xxxxxx"
-select the general tab and click on the start button to restart tomcat
the error does not say much and lot of things can be wrong. one thing that was wrong in my case was following
which is clearly wrong and should have been
i was facing the same issue while i was using jdk 1.8.0_05 64 bit and eclipse-jee-oxygen-3a-win32-x86_64 on windows 64 bit operating system.
i resolved the issue by changing jdk version jdk1.8.0_05 to jdk1.8.0_172
for me it was picking the default jvm v6 set in env vars.
needed to explicitly add below in eclipse.ini to use v8 which is req by photon.
note : add the entry of vm above the vm args else it will not work!
add the system variable _java_options and in the "new variable value" add "-xmx1024m".
xmx sets the maximum heap memory size
i was facing the same issue while i was using "jdk-10.0.1_windows-x64_bin" and eclipse-jee-oxygen-3a-win32-x86_64 on windows 64 bit operating system.
i resolved this issue by changing my jdk to "jdk-8u172-windows-x64". now it's working fine.
edit your catlina.bat so that your -xmx settings are less than your physical memory
- press windows+pause keys simultaneously to open the "system" window. you can alternatively open the control panel manual to go there if you prefer it that way. click on "advanced system settings" on the left then click "advanced" tab.
- select environmental variables here.
- click on new under system variables.
- enter '_java_options' as the variable name.
- enter '-xmx1024m' as the variable value.
- click ok twice.
i was also facing this issue when we upgraded from java 8 to java 10. i solved by removing
-djava.endorsed.dirs="c:\program files\apache software foundation\tomcat 8.5\endorsed"
from the argument.
sony@sony-vpceh25en:~$ java --version
picked up java_tool_options: -javaagent:/usr/share/java/jayatanaag.jar
unrecognized option: --version
error: could not create the java virtual machine.
error: a fatal exception has occurred. program will exit.
solution: remove extra hyphen '-'
sony@sony-vpceh25en:~$ java -version
picked up java_tool_options: -javaagent:/usr/share/java/jayatanaag.jar
java version "1.8.0_101"
java(tm) se runtime environment (build 1.8.0_101-b13)
java hotspot(tm) 64-bit server vm (build 25.101-b13, mixed mode)
- How to solve could not create the virtual machine error of Java Virtual Machine Launcher?
- "Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine Error: A fatal exception..." Shows error when I tried to launch Eclipse IDE 2019-06
- JBoss EAP 6.3 error :Could not create the Java virtual machine
- Running Ant Build.xml getting: Java Virtual Machine Launcher: Could not find the main class. Program will exit
- Launch error: could not create the Java virtual machine. A fatal exception has occurred
- Error: Java Virtual Machine Launcher. Could not find the main class
- Java could not create virtual machine and other errors
- Could not create java virtual machine
- Eclipse error: could not create the Java Virtual Machine. A fatal exception has occurred. program will exit
- Eclipse - Failed to create the java virtual machine
- How to solve "This element has no attached source and the Javadoc could not be found in the attached Javadoc"?
- "Could not create the Java Virtual Machine" when increasing the -Xmx
- Eclipse Failed to create the Java Virtual Machine
- ADT Eclipse: Failed to Create The Java Virtual Machine
- Can not create java virtual machine popup message in eclipse
- The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code error while editing excel files
- getting failed to create java virtual machine error everytime I try to open eclipse
- Eclipse error upon opening "Alert Failed to create the Java Virtual Machine"
- Eclipse intermittently fails to create the Java Virtual Machine
- How to solve the chainmapper is not applicable for the arguments error while doing job chaining in Mapreduce?
- Eclipse switch workspace causes Failed to create the Java Virtual Machine
- How do I specify the Java virtual machine for Eclipse?
- Error:could not create java virtual machine
- How to solve java printf issue ("source not found.") on Eclipse debugger window, when the same printf method prints it out correctly on the console?
- Spring Tool can't create the java virtual machine
- eclipse not opening, gives error saying no java virtual machine found
- Eclipse Error for GLPK library: The dynamic link library for GLPK for Java could not beloaded
- failed to create the java virtual machine eclipse
- Eclipse error: 'Failed to create the Java Virtual Machine'
- Java stack overflow error - how to increase the stack size in Eclipse?
More Query from same tag
- Using fiddler with Java and Eclipse
- Can not create New AVD in eclipse
- eclipse configuration with pmd
- Eclipse JAR export not working
- How to add Maven project Build in JBoss through Eclipse
- Eclipse start up error
- Eclipse 2020-09 (4.17.0) on OS X 10.13 keeps wanting me to put .gitignore and .DS_store on the path
- Positioning Toolbars in Eclipse/RCP
- How to specify c++ system include path in Eclipse?
- It's possible migrate windows generated from netbeans into Window Builder?
- Errors running application in Eclipse
- How to code backward compatible new feature in Android SDK?
- How to read a excel CSV file (comma separated value) in Java Eclipse?
- Eclipse - is it possible to jump to a particular package?
- Is there any disadvantage to putting API code into a JAR along with the classes?
- Why eclipse compiles a file that shell javac or mvn produces an error: code too large?
- Maven issues in Eclipse when trying to use Selenium 3.4
- Bean property 'empname' is not readable or has an invalid getter method: Does the return type of the getter match the parameter type of the setter?
- Moving from single developer to multiple in SVN
- how to display number in textview(activity2) from edittext(activity1) ? Say example phone number
- Exporting a java game into an executable jar file in eclipse - not working
- Using XDebug with Eclipse PDT & XAMPP
- Eclipse Juno Startup error log file
- End-of-line characters flip flop in Eclipse settings
- unexpected error while parsing input invalid uiautomator hierarchy file
- Error while running Apache UIMA Ruta Workbench 2.5.0 on Eclipse Neon
- Eclipse project does not display git repository?
- How can I re-enable variable markers next to the scroll bar?
- "An Internal Error Ocurred during SVN commit: length 16416 out of range, must be between 0 and 1384"
- mavenize eclipse wtp project (Dynamic web module) for openshift