try window->Reset prespective. remember your own settings will be resetted if any.
Close the current perspective:
Reopen it using Window -> Open perspective.
i had also encountered this issue. . This Solution worked for me....
windows->navigation->maximize active View or Editor(ctrl + M) . in the screen you can see on left side navigation menus ... now click on those buttons one by one ....you will get your solution...
Try changing the perspective to JavaEE and then check.
Not sure if this is problem but, this ticked me off for a while since I did not realize what was happening at first - maybe this will help others.
Its not really a problem, just the way Eclipse works. (I'm use to Visual studio) Its all about Perspectives!
I set up an (existing) PHP project in eclipse(neon) and then tried to configure and run debug. A Popup "Confirm Perspective Switch" is shown - I selected "Yes", not realizing what it actually does. The "perspective" then changes and you no longer see the project explorer anywhere. You cant "open" the project explorer window from top nav > window > show view, since its no longer there (which is BS, it should show something that gives you indication of current and other "perspectives" - at least for newbie.) No where now does it give project explore options.
Now you must change the "perspective" back from debug to PHP (at least in in my case).
This can be done a couple ways, easiest is from the icons on right top right side side. One icon would be the "bug", and next to it is the PHP icon. Just click the icon "perspective" you want. The other way is from top nav bar > window > Perspective > open Perspective, then select PHP. Could they hide this any deeper?
I know this is likely second nature to those who have used eclipse for a while, but was frustrating to me (on day one) till I figured out what was going on.
- Please Select window in tool bar
- Move to show view
- Select project explorer
Using the latest Luna upgrade. The only solution that worked was Window >> New Window. It's very easy to lose that critical bar.
I had encountered the same problem as well. The following solution helped me to get over it:
Window -> Show View -> Package Explorer.
You can use the shortcut as well. It's Alt + Shift + Q, P
Select Window->Show View, if it is not shown there then select other. Under General you can see Project Explorer.
If none of the above solutions work, Try Window-> New Window
For me it was like this...
Window->Show View->Other->General->Project Explorer
Window->Open Perspective->Other->Java (default)
Try to close Eclipse IDE and reopen it and
click on window->show view->project explorer
- How to show the Project Explorer window in Eclipse?
- How to show the Eclipse Move context menu in project explorer
- How to make Eclipse "Open Type" window to show project classes first in list, third-party classes last?
- How to add the Project Explorer view to an Eclipse RCP application
- How do you add a button to the Eclipse Project Explorer toolbar?
- How to show shortened project names in the Eclipse package explorer?
- How do you get the Eclipse Package Explorer to show files whose names begins with a . (period)?
- android eclipse how to use intent to show the second window in default navigation drawer
- How to open folder of a file not in the project explorer in Eclipse IDE?
- How to remove eclipse project explorer above the editor?
- How do I expand Project Explorer to the bottom of my eclipse screen?
- How to show JAX-RS elements in Eclipse Project Explorer
- Android Project Import to Eclipse does not show Project name in Import Projects window but rather 'PTPlayer' - the project is not importing correctly
- Eclipse - How to remove the Project Explorer tab
- How can I change the name of *.xml file in the eclipse IDE's project explorer with one of its element
- How to sort the files and directories in the Project Explorer of Eclipse Juno?
- What is the difference between the Eclipse Package Explorer and the Eclipse Project Explorer?
- Adding existing project folders to the project explorer in eclipse
- How to create the pom.xml for a Java project with Eclipse
- How to create a child package inside a package in eclipse project explorer
- How to disable the "autodeploy" to server feature in an Eclipse web project
- How do I change in an eclipse web project the WebContent folder to something different?
- How to prevent Eclipse from showing the opened file in package explorer
- How can I make hidden files display in Eclipse Project explorer when using a RSE linked folder?
- How to show the hidden toolbar of Eclipse
- How to change the background color for changed files in eclipse project explorer?
- How do I get Eclipse to show the entire javadoc for a class
- How can I use the java Eclipse Abstract Syntax Tree in a project outside Eclipse? (ie not an eclipse plugin)
- How do I get the workbench window to open a modal dialog in an Eclipse based project?
- How do you compile an Android project into an .apk file in Eclipse without launching the emulator?
More Query from same tag
- Git uncomitted file confirmation when switching branches
- Auto-suggestion in Eclipse XML files refuses to die
- Eclipse freezes on android related autocomplete
- Breaking out of While Loop in Java Simple Program
- Eclipse Kepler shows error marks on warnings
- how to align tabs (whitespaces) on github when using eclipse
- How to run eclipse luna mac os with java 7
- Parser exception for /google-play-services_lib/AndroidManifest.xml: Premature end of file
- JPA Eclipse "Generating Tables From Entities" hangs forever
- How to reference another project in Eclipse with Google appengine project?
- NullPointerException on Activity Testing Tutorial
- Every time a co-worker commits a merge in git, all 10k+ files in the project have their line endings changed
- Dynamic refresh of a composite
- Tomcat reporting IncompatibleClassChangeError - classpath problem?
- Jar mismatch error in android when adding library for viewPagerIndicator in eclipse
- Launch terminal from eclipse
- Expoting OpenCV+Java project to jar file
- What's the class of eclipse pref table
- Comparing Object and int in Java 7
- Error: Element q not found...SeleniumRC in Eclipse...Stacktrace and Code provided..Resolutions pls?
- Activity has leaked window.com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow$DecorView
- Firebug not displayed while launching Firefox through selenium webdriver on eclipse Mars IDE.
- How to correctly migrate a JavaFX 8 application to Maven?
- atributes in web.xml are not working eclipse kepler
- Using maven multi module, spring boot and IntelliJ
- How to run eclipse on Ubuntu 13.10
- IllegalArgumentException - Tomcat start
- How do I set Aptana to close all tabs on exit?
- How to add drawPolygon() to a button listener?