try window->reset prespective. remember your own settings will be resetted if any.
close the current perspective:
reopen it using window -> open perspective.
i had also encountered this issue. . this solution worked for me....
windows->navigation->maximize active view or editor(ctrl + m) . in the screen you can see on left side navigation menus ... now click on those buttons one by one ....you will get your solution...
try changing the perspective to javaee and then check.
not sure if this is problem but, this ticked me off for a while since i did not realize what was happening at first - maybe this will help others.
its not really a problem, just the way eclipse works. (i'm use to visual studio) its all about perspectives!
i set up an (existing) php project in eclipse(neon) and then tried to configure and run debug. a popup "confirm perspective switch" is shown - i selected "yes", not realizing what it actually does. the "perspective" then changes and you no longer see the project explorer anywhere. you cant "open" the project explorer window from top nav > window > show view, since its no longer there (which is bs, it should show something that gives you indication of current and other "perspectives" - at least for newbie.) no where now does it give project explore options.
now you must change the "perspective" back from debug to php (at least in in my case).
this can be done a couple ways, easiest is from the icons on right top right side side. one icon would be the "bug", and next to it is the php icon. just click the icon "perspective" you want. the other way is from top nav bar > window > perspective > open perspective, then select php. could they hide this any deeper?
i know this is likely second nature to those who have used eclipse for a while, but was frustrating to me (on day one) till i figured out what was going on.
- please select window in tool bar
- move to show view
- select project explorer
using the latest luna upgrade. the only solution that worked was window >> new window. it's very easy to lose that critical bar.
i had encountered the same problem as well. the following solution helped me to get over it:
window -> show view -> package explorer.
you can use the shortcut as well. it's alt + shift + q, p
select window->show view, if it is not shown there then select other. under general you can see project explorer.
if none of the above solutions work, try window-> new window
for me it was like this...
window->show view->other->general->project explorer
window->open perspective->other->java (default)
try to close eclipse ide and reopen it and
click on window->show view->project explorer
- How to show the Project Explorer window in Eclipse?
- How to show the Eclipse Move context menu in project explorer
- How to make Eclipse "Open Type" window to show project classes first in list, third-party classes last?
- How to add the Project Explorer view to an Eclipse RCP application
- How do you add a button to the Eclipse Project Explorer toolbar?
- How to show shortened project names in the Eclipse package explorer?
- How do you get the Eclipse Package Explorer to show files whose names begins with a . (period)?
- android eclipse how to use intent to show the second window in default navigation drawer
- How to open folder of a file not in the project explorer in Eclipse IDE?
- How to remove eclipse project explorer above the editor?
- How do I expand Project Explorer to the bottom of my eclipse screen?
- How to show JAX-RS elements in Eclipse Project Explorer
- Android Project Import to Eclipse does not show Project name in Import Projects window but rather 'PTPlayer' - the project is not importing correctly
- Eclipse - How to remove the Project Explorer tab
- How can I change the name of *.xml file in the eclipse IDE's project explorer with one of its element
- How to sort the files and directories in the Project Explorer of Eclipse Juno?
- What is the difference between the Eclipse Package Explorer and the Eclipse Project Explorer?
- Adding existing project folders to the project explorer in eclipse
- How to create the pom.xml for a Java project with Eclipse
- How to create a child package inside a package in eclipse project explorer
- How to disable the "autodeploy" to server feature in an Eclipse web project
- How do I change in an eclipse web project the WebContent folder to something different?
- How to prevent Eclipse from showing the opened file in package explorer
- How can I make hidden files display in Eclipse Project explorer when using a RSE linked folder?
- How to show the hidden toolbar of Eclipse
- How to change the background color for changed files in eclipse project explorer?
- How do I get Eclipse to show the entire javadoc for a class
- How can I use the java Eclipse Abstract Syntax Tree in a project outside Eclipse? (ie not an eclipse plugin)
- How do I get the workbench window to open a modal dialog in an Eclipse based project?
- How do you compile an Android project into an .apk file in Eclipse without launching the emulator?
More Query from same tag
- Linux - Eclipse cpp 2019 06 - unhandled event loop exception when opening files
- Error while starting jboss 5.0.0 in Springsource STS eclipse (STS version 2.6)
- Button doesn't show up on android app
- Eclipse mars is too slow.. Always busy in scanning classpath
- look for specific sql requests in java project using regex
- Issue with dependency in Maven
- How can i change the language of native dialog elements of the tabris ios client?
- Mustache partial notation in Eclipse / Zend Studio 10 throws invalid character warning
- Eclipse - JUnit5 Source not found - How to add JUnit5 source code?
- Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration error
- Eclipse text comparison order
- Android volley weird error
- How do I create an Azure webjob using Java with Eclipse and Maven?
- Why am I getting a nullpointer exception? (Beginner)
- What vim plugins are available for Eclipse?
- Change .jar name in MacOS dock in Eclipse?
- Liberty Profile Configuration Editor within Eclipse MARS no longer appears
- selenium webdriver invalid login
- scala set empty rows in list, set empty value
- AlertDialog.Builder not a Statement
- Bug in eclipse compiler or in javac ("type parameters of T cannot be determined")
- How to track return path in Eclipse?
- How to create just one Git repository w/ EGit for multiple existing LibGDX projects in Eclipse w/o revising the existing structure of those projects?
- Play Framework Java - package play.db does not exist
- HTC one just updated and now wont connect to DDMS
- Eclipse Java 8 Error: Label cannot be resolved
- Issues with Maven In Eclipse
- Formatting and Aligning output of PrintWriter
- How to print out the vaule withing public void testDistanceBetween_AD
- Drawing coordinate system and some shape