rather than trying to output to the console,
log will output to logcat which you can find in eclipse by going to: window->show view->other…->android->logcat
have a look at the reference for
the benefits of using logcat are that you can print different colours depending on your log type, e.g.:
log.d prints blue,
log.e prints orange. also you can filter by log tag, log message, process id and/or by application name. this is really useful when you just want to see your app's logs and keep the other system stuff separate.
i use below log format for print my content in logcat
log.e("msg","what you have to print");
i use log.d method also please import
but please keep in mind that, when you want to see the debug messages then don't use run as rather use "debug as" then select android application. otherwise you'll not see the debug messages.
system.out.println() also outputs to logcat. the benefit of using good old
system.out.println() is that you can print an object like
system.out.println(object) to the console if you need to check if a variable is initialized or not.
log.w etc methods only allow you to print strings to the console and not objects. to circumvent this (if you desire), you must use
log.v("blah", "blah blah");
you need to add the android log view in eclipse to see them. there are also other methods depending on the severity of the message (error, verbose, warning, etc..).
- How to output messages to the Eclipse console when developing for Android
- How do I use the Eclipse debugger in an AsyncTask when developing for Android?
- How can I see the Action Bar in Eclipse when developing for Android?
- How to view console output for an eclipse plugin installed in the workbench in which it was created?
- How to get rid of the outline view when developing a new perspective for an eclipse plugin?
- How can I check/upgrade Proguard version when using it in Eclipse for Android development?
- How can I redirect JNI console output to Eclipse Console view, when Eclipse plugin uses JNI?
- How to get the graphical layout Window back in Eclipse for Android Application Design?
- How to change the Control+Space autocomplete shortcut keys in Eclipse for Android
- How do I set the Java Doc for google drive api for android in Eclipse
- How to turn off warnings for @string resource in eclipse for the Android SDK
- When I drag a "Plain Text" field over to my WYSIWYG editor in Eclipse for Android 4.1 I get a Java crash - How do I fix this?
- How to set the C++ file extension to .cc in Eclipse for files created when starting a new project?
- How to have Eclipse console show the same GoogleTests output as in the terminal?
- When developing an Eclipse plugin, how to get access to the project's Java Model and AST root node?
- How to hide, remove, filter logs in the logcat in Eclipse for Android
- How do I get the file path of the open workspace for developing plugins in eclipse
- How can I output execution display to console in Eclipse for remote C++?
- Developing for android, is there a way to cause eclipse to rebuild an app when only the source of its libraries was modified?
- How to capture eclipse console output using the consolePatternMatchListeners?
- How to get the host OSGI console for Eclipse
- Merge Java and DDMS perspectives in eclipse when developing for Android
- Select one option from many options in drop down list in Eclipse using java when run code for the android device
- How do I set the Eclipse preference for where to put the + when breaking a String up over multiple lines?
- How to preview the layout for ~ 21 inch device in android eclipse sdk?
- How to fix the nullpointerexception that comes up in Eclipse when trying to open an Android XML file?
- How to use the same SDK for Android Studio and Eclipse (MAC version)
- how to enable CCRC extension for eclipse in rad 7.0 when it's already installed on rad 8.0 in the same environment
- When stopping an android emulator in eclipse, is all the cache cleared or does eclipse store it for the next emulator?
- How to tell if a Java application is running within the Eclipse console (versus, for example, xterm)?
More Query from same tag
- Activity not found exception even if it is declared in manifest
- Apache CXF web service security issue with wss4j
- Error compiling Jersey library different Java version
- How to import Java Project completely in Eclipse
- Using ClassPathScanningCandidateComponentProvider and excluding special directory
- How can Eclipse create a class with unresolved compilation problems?
- GWT Code Server not finding a module in a newly generated project using a maven archetype
- Eclipse Axis error when creating web service
- Exception when connecting to a URL with jsoup
- Problems with images when compiled
- fresh start issues in phonegap
- Why can't I move my character?
- Eclipse Helios Java EE with Postgres 9.0
- How to deploy application into google app engine
- ArtifactDescriptorException: Failed to read artifact descriptor Maven error
- How do I enable index downloads in Eclipse for Maven dependency search?
- Java hasn`t see files, which downloaded, till I manualy update it
- Android permission ACCES_NETWORK_STATE bug?
- Cmake support in Eclipse
- Pydev: Where do I have to add the path for an external lib (usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient)?
- java error when launching newly installed Eclipse on Fedora 16
- Tried to transfer eclipse workspace onto a hard drive now all classes have disappeared
- QueryService createSpecification compilation error in Eclipse
- Integrating tomcat and eclipse as a hot-deploy environment
- How to select an older API version in Android graphical editor?
- Where do I start investigating my Java process that won't end?
- Eclipse java editor: format code
- (warning)FAILED to scan JAR (error)FAILED to process JAR
- Cant dowload google app engine 1.9.1
- How to set SplashScreen in Eclipse?