from the menu bar, window → show view → console. alternately, use the keyboard shortcut:
- mac: option-command-q, then c, or
- windows: alt-shift-q, then c
the only reliable way to open it is window -> show view -> other -> search "console". there was a handful suggestions in this post and none of them works! apparently eclipse likes to change their logic every other second.
also, resetting the view is the most horrible suggestion, because that way you will lose everything you have ever done to change the layout, so it will probably not work for the most of the readers.
for c/c++ applicable
window -> preferences -> c/c++ -> build -> console
on limit console output field increase a desired number of lines.
window > perspective > reset perspective
- open eclipse
- click on window
- go to show view
- click on console
- minimize it now or drag it to the bottom and it will split between your console and other screens
better to save the code first, windows -> perspective -> close all perspective. then from windows -> perspective -> open your desired perspective. now you can all the tab which required for the perspective
just press alt+shift+q,c for quick access.(in windows)
i also deleted my eclipse console by mistake, however what worked best for me was to type "console" in the "quick access" box to the right of the menu and that brought it right back! i'm running version 4.2.1, not sure if this quick accessbox is available in other versions.
the "trim stack" is a vertical icon bar that should appear, if it isn't there already, on one side of the main window. back when this answer was originally written, it was down the left hand side (of which i had a screen shot that unfortunately was uploaded to some image paste bin place and not stack overflow, then linked, and has since been lost). not being much of an eclipse user currently i don't know if this is still the case.
it contains icons for each sub-window that is minimized, so if none of them are minimized, there is no trim stack. try minimizing the package explorer/navigator window and you should see it appear. you can then click the "restore" icon (the overlapping squares at the top) in the trim stack to get the window back.
but -- and it's not consistent -- sometimes with eclipse juno when the window with the console, etc, is minimized and there is no trim stack, the trim stack doesn't appear and using "show view" does nothing. the way around that i've found is to minimize some other window, then the trim stack appears and the console icon (blue & white monitor square) appears. click that and the console, etc. appears in a pop-up. click the restore icon in that pop-up and it will become part of the main window again.
just open the window(in eclipse ide) -> click on reset perspective. it worked for me.
the only solution for me was:
click on window->close all perspective (you can try also close perspective)
after this, in the top right corner click on: open perspective->resource
- How to open Console window in Eclipse?
- Eclipse open console apps in separate window
- How do I get the workbench window to open a modal dialog in an Eclipse based project?
- How to close an open window of eclipse
- How to open run configurations window in Eclipse with shortcut?
- How to make eclipse open the console automatically?
- How to get the list of files open in active eclipse editor window in eclipse?
- I was wondering how I could convert my console output into a processing window in eclipse
- Can you control how long content assist window stays open in Eclipse
- How to make eclipse output to console window AND a file?
- Using Eclipse (Neon 3, 64 bit) on Windows 10, how do I bring (or keep) the Console window in view?
- How to open a RCP/Help Window from a Html hyperlink in Eclipse Plug-in
- How do I show an open file in eclipse Package Explorer?
- How to output messages to the Eclipse console when developing for Android
- How do you stop Console from popping up automatically in Eclipse
- How to open existing project in Eclipse
- How to open windows explorer on selected resource in Eclipse
- How do i open a sample Android SDK app in Eclipse
- How to set eclipse console locale/language
- How to use the GDB console in Eclipse CDT?
- How do I open my existing Eclipse projects in Android Studio?
- How do you open an external Vim editor containing the active Eclipse editor file
- How do you open the Eclipse web browser?
- Eclipse 3.4.1 - how to view compiler output in Console while building a project
- How can I redirect JNI console output to Eclipse Console view, when Eclipse plugin uses JNI?
- How to open Eclipse project as read-only?
- How to fix a workspace in eclipse that does not open anymore?
- How to use Eclipse interactive console in debug
- How can I make Eclipse output std:out to a standard windows console
More Query from same tag
- Add virtual folder to web dynamic project
- Activator not called if plugin created by JAR
- Spring Boot IllegalStateException ArchiveDescriptor reused; can URLs be processed multiple times?
- Eclipse Mars : The import org.osgi cannot be resolved
- Eclipse does not show associate with SonarQube option while associating the project at first time
- My check style plugin in eclipse doesn't showcase a warning for hard coded value for string
- Gitlab cannot open git-upload-pack error
- Place buttons at bottom of screen with background in BlackBerry
- How to add newer Android Sdk's to ADT plugin (Eclipse)?
- Eclipse 3.x to E4 uplift. Could not start styling support...A null service reference is not allowed
- gwt compiler can't find entry point classes
- What is the eclipse directory?
- Eclipse project with file resources that I'd like to write out on application start
- How to understand why android can't install apk file?
- What is happening when I right click JBoss Runtime Server with a web project in Eclipse and choose "Clean"?
- .exe file only runs using Java Dev Kit, instead of Java Runtime Environment
- Eclipse C++ Hello World Program "Error starting process."
- There is no copy left to right in eclipse SVN
- Can't add memory of eclipse
- Cannot run maven project in Eclipse with Tomcat 7
- Hibernate's session factory and no recognizing identifier
- Scripting Eclipse .. or alternatives
- eclipse - Setting up C++ includes for GooglePlayServices
- How do I create an on screen keyboard in java?
- How to open the default browser from Eclipse user space on any platform?
- Errors when importing someone else's projects - Android/Eclipse
- Eclipse – Hibernate Tools – New connection profile
- Format only selected code in eclipse
- how to run embedded pig program using java in eclipse?
- PDE development: How to find out where a plugin from my target platform originates from?