I just figured out how to do this in Eclipse. I admit that this solution does not have 100% SASS support, the colors get a little funky when using nested css, but it's waaaaay better than looking at plain text and you don't need to install a separate editor.
You need to associate the .scss file type with the native Eclipse CSS Editor in Eclipse[Part 1]. After you do that, you need to add the .scss file type to the native CSS Editor as well so the CSS Editor will be able to open it [Part 2]. Here are the steps for eclipse (I'm running Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers, Indigo):
Part 1 - Associate the .scss file type with the native Eclipse CSS Editor
Window > Preferences
Drill down to
General > Editors > File Associations
In File Associations pane, click the 'Add..." button on the top right.
File Type:, enter
*.scssand then click
*.scssentry in the
File Associationslist and select it.
*.scss, on the bottom pane
Associated editors:, click the
Internal editorsis selected on the top, then find and select
CSS Editorand then click
This associated the file type .scss with eclipses native CSS Editor. Now we have to configure the native CSS Editor to support .scss files. To do this, follow this steps:
Part 2 - Add the .scss file type to the native CSS Editor
Window > Preferences
Drill down to
General > Content Types
In the Content Types pane, expand
Text, then select
CSSis selected, on the bottom
File associations:pane, click the
Content type:, enter
*.scssand then click
OKto close out the Preferences window.
All done. All you need to do now is close any .scss files that you have open then re-open them and wha-la, css colors in Eclipse for .scss files!
Note: If the css colours do not appear you may have to do the following:
Right click the .scss file > Open With > CSS Editor.
Hope this helps.
You can use the latest Eclipse Plug-in called "Colorer" which now supports SASS files. Here it is : http://colorer.sourceforge.net/eclipsecolorer/index.html
Open "Install New software" From "Help" menu in Eclipse and Enter "http://colorer.sf.net/eclipsecolorer" into the "Work with" box to install the plug-in
Aptana Studio provides syntax coloring support for SASS/SCSS and it’s possible to install Aptana as Plugin into Eclipse. See the following quote from the Aptana sownload site:
Installing via Eclipse
Please copy the following Update Site URL to your clipboard and then follow the steps listed below to add this URL to your Available Software Sites list. Attempting to access this URL using your web browser will return an Access Denied error.
- From the Help menu, select »Install New Software …« to open the Install New Software dialog.
- Paste the URL for the update site into the Work With text box, and hit the Enter (or Return) key.
- In the populated table below, check the box next to the name of the plug-in, and then click the Next button.
- Click the Next button to go to the license page.
- Choose the option to accept the terms of the license agreement, and click the Finish button.
- You may need to restart Eclipse to continue.
- How to integrate CSS pre-processing within Eclipse?
- How to Debug JUnit tests similar to a regular Java program within Eclipse
- How to Integrate TortoiseSVN with Eclipse IDE?
- Eclipse Android project, how to reference library within workspace?
- How to set up multiple source folders within a single Eclipse project?
- In eclipse dynamic web project, how to link css to jsp file in webcontent folder
- How can I disable `Unknown property: ` error in eclipse while writing JavaFx css
- How to add CSS autocomplete to eclipse
- How to integrate maven generated vaadin project into eclipse vaadin plugin?
- How to disable css warning "Unknown property" in Eclipse Mars?
- How to integrate maven with eclipse
- How to set heap size in spark within the Eclipse environment?
- How to run tomcat within eclipse Java Project
- How can I reference libraries in another project within Eclipse Helios?
- How can i integrate MATLAB with Eclipse
- how to integrate unity3d in eclipse IDE?
- How to integrate Xtext with an Eclipse plugin?
- How do I configure eclipse to autocomplete Css classes/ids in html/php files?
- How to use external libraries in the Eclipse (Java) and Processing for Arduino
- How to set a variable equal to null in debug mode within eclipse
- How to integrate JUnit 5 with an existing Eclipse project?
- How to integrate Eclipse Portable with Java Portable?
- How to create a Git pull request from within Eclipse
- How can I correctly update a progress bar for an operation of unknown duration within an Eclipse wizard?
- How to Validate HTML, CSS and JS in Eclipse IDE
- How to integrate new language & compiler into Eclipse
- How can I get a Java program in Eclipse to use multiple processing cores?
- how to use a MySql database within Eclipse
- How to create a WAR out of a eclipse project, while minifying all css and js files?
- How to make Beyond Compare work within Eclipse with Git?
More Query from same tag
- Build ANT jar file for cordova 4.1.1 error
- Tomcat 7.0 Lifecycle Exception
- Google Cloud Endpoints passes object with null fields when calling dev server (on localhost)
- java.lang.NoSuchMethodError Ant/Maven failing via command line
- Open an image in gallery using file path
- How to use variables for classpath definition in Eclipse launch configurations?
- In scala eclipse how do I use a library in my workspace
- Bind Java program to Cocoa interface
- Why does Eclipse Java Package Explorer show question mark on some classes?
- Error shown when creating Hibernate project in Eclipse
- Cannot send mail through an internal network,java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect
- Eclipse upgrade juno to kepler. Eclipse wont start
- error in styles in API8 in Eclipse
- Using JSP Files outside of the Eclipse IDE
- How to navigate through Android class files (with source code attached) in Eclipse?
- Error building java desktop application from eclipse
- Android: if this then change menu?
- Android L - parseSdkContent Failed on Eclipse
- How do i put data from an SQL Database to a Hashmap?
- Eclipse: No repository found at xyz (ProvisionException)
- Where can I download the basic server configurations for eclipse?
- I'm trying to create a class that creates a square and could be called in my main function
- Boostrapping new Eclipse machines with all the Plugins
- Unable to instantiate a servlet, getting class not found exception
- What is the difference between regular quit and eclipse terminate?
- Is there a reason why the Eclipse build cannot find a Maven lib
- Launch and debug a single script in PyDev
- Adding 1 to an int variable each time a user inputs
- java pst library
- Eclipse & JSF & Tomcat 6: "FacesContext not found"