right click on the project root and select source -> format. this should work for at least version 3.8.1. and above.
if the above does not work, you're probably using an older eclipse-version. in such case you can select your source folders by clicking on them while holding down ctrl, then select source -> format from the right-click -menu. works with package-folders and class files also, in case you don't want to format the entire project.
in eclipse mars.1 release (4.5.1) version and above, just press right click on the code typing area
src > source > format.
if you want to format individual
xml file just do ctrl+shift+f
in older versions of eclipse (indigo) it works from package explorer (not navigator). right click the package you wish to format then choose source -> format. it will format all classes in that package and its sub-packages.
this is the purpose of
source ->clean up...
selecting the appropriate options.
i also had the java perspective on and this was still not working. my eclipse was only formatting css and html files, but not java ones.
then, i located this answer that explains this:
you must add java facet to the project to allow java classes to be detected by eclipse formatter
then, you should check on
project-properties-project facets and activate the java facet for the project:
and by right-clicking on top of the
package-explorer you will find the source - format option, and it will format java files too.
be careful, check it´s package explorer, not project explorer (click window-show view-packageexplorer)
- How to format all Java files in an Eclipse project at one time?
- In Java eclipse IDE, how to get all classes with the corresponding methods of a project in one view
- How to simultaneously run all JUnit tests for a Eclipse Java project without Maven?
- How to import a java project missing .project .settings .classpath files into eclipse
- How Exclude some files from Eclipse Java EE Web Application project Deployment Assembly
- Eclipse - How to add Kotlin to a Tomcat Project - Compile Kotlin AND Java Files
- How to search all the files in a project in Eclipse
- How to add a line in all java files in eclipse
- How do I organize my Java Eclipse project so that the user then only needs to do one import?
- How to create a jar file from an eclipse java project that uses *.jar files added in "Classpath"
- How to ignore ALL eclipse project files in svn
- How to add referenced library JAR files using relative path for eclipse Java project in vscode
- Use files from one Java project in another project in Eclipse
- How do you include files from a scala project in eclipse in a java project in netbeans
- i want all the files and folders in web content directory in project path, its not working by simply copying them one level up in eclipse
- How to configure Eclipse to format all java code except Strings declaration?
- How do I build a Java Github Project in Eclipse with no maven & gradle files and no .jar files in the repo
- How to delete specific file every time the Eclipse Java project is run inside IDE?
- How to transfer my Eclipse Maven Selenium Webdriver TestNG Java project from one PC to another?
- How to paste all dependencies of one project to another in eclipse
- How to remove Java Resources error in Eclipse maven project inspite of being every java files/jsp files/xml files are correct with no errors?
- How one project can reference to another in Eclipse Java
- How to place html files in a Java Dynamic Web Project as a REST service using Eclipse
- How to replace a String with another string in all files in eclipse project
- How to export a java project from eclipse that contains all libraries required to compile?
- lost all projects from eclipse all java and xml files on workspace have 0kb how to restore
- What causes imported Maven project in Eclipse to use Java 1.5 instead of Java 1.6 by default and how can I ensure it doesn't?
- Search for all files in project containing the text 'querystring' in Eclipse
- How to change an Eclipse default project into a Java project
- How to stop Eclipse formatter from placing all enums on one line
More Query from same tag
- Changing variables in realtime when debugging in eclipse?
- TFS Eclipse plugin makes Eclipse hang on load workbench
- USB Host debugging with Android emulator
- Make eclipse Syntax Coloring exact as visual studio Syntax Coloring
- Eclipse Egit Failed to commit
- FTPClient.storeFile() uploads slowly and then doesn't work
- external jars error no class definiton found on wildfly
- How do I organize the source code of a CUDA C project using subfolders?
- Eclipse import from required project not working
- java.util.Map$Entry class file not found
- -l: option via Eclipse
- Subclipse shows conflict on folder, no way to merge
- How to get the xml line number of an object parsed using eclipse emf modeling
- Getting error while creating an instance of JSONObject
- my android app runs fine in the emulator, but when i publish it it's wrong
- Run/Debug Spring Boot application from Eclipse JEE Neon alone?
- Struts 2 upload file destination under WebContent
- RTC source control files
- How to link files to package explorer in Eclipse?
- Adding C/C++ language to Eclipse Oxygen IDE for Java Developers
- Checking out a maven project from a git repository
- @override annotation in JDK 1.6
- Two properties views
- increase server timeout in eclipse
- What's the best way to count clicks? and play sound according to corresponding click counts
- Maven - java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
- NO JSP Support for /, did not find org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet
- Warning :Maven integration requires Eclipse be running in JDK
- Eclipse 4.4 quit unexpectedly on MacOS - works when run from terminal
- Eclipse Starts building workspace every time after I do workspace search