in eclipse, goto window-> show view -> other -> android-> logcat.
logcat is nothing but a console of your emulator or device.
system.out.println does not work in android. so you have to handle every thing in logcat. more info look out this documentation.
edit 1: system.out.println is working on logcat. if you use that the tag will be like system.out and message will be your message.
go to your desired perspective. go to 'window->show view' menu.
if you see logcat there, click it and you are done.
else, click on 'other' (at the bottom), chose 'android'->logcat.
hope that helps :-)
in the "window" menu, open "open perspective" -> "debug".
click on the plus image icon(you see the below image at status bar), and then select "logcat"....
window menu, open
show view ->
other ... and type
log to find it.
write "logcat" in quick access edit box in your eclipse window (top right corner, just before open prospective button). and just select logcat it will open-up the logcat window in your current prospect
- How to output messages to the Eclipse console when developing for Android
- How to hide, remove, filter logs in the logcat in Eclipse for Android
- How to enable GPS in Eclipse Emulator for Android
- How do I enable index downloads in Eclipse for Maven dependency search?
- How to enable LogCat/Console in Eclipse for Android?
- How to enable gdb pretty printing for C++ STL objects in Eclipse CDT?
- How to convert an Eclipse Android project to use Ant for build?
- How to use Gradle to generate Eclipse and Intellij project files for Android projects
- How can I check/upgrade Proguard version when using it in Eclipse for Android development?
- Android actionbar how to add supporting library v7 appcompat for Eclipse
- How do I get Logcat for multiple devices running at the same time in Eclipse
- How to get the graphical layout Window back in Eclipse for Android Application Design?
- How to view SQL database in Eclipse Debug mode for android
- How can I enable the Task List in Eclipse for a Java Project?
- How to change the Control+Space autocomplete shortcut keys in Eclipse for Android
- How to use Linked Files in Eclipse for PhoneGap project with Android
- How do I set the Java Doc for google drive api for android in Eclipse
- Enable console logging for Eclipse itself (the platform)
- How do i enable tabwidth of 2 in eclipse for erb?
- How to configure Tesseract in Eclipse for Android development?
- How to open LogCat in Eclipse (for Android Debug)
- Eclipse for Android: How to automate 'Export Android Application' to apk?
- How to turn off warnings for @string resource in eclipse for the Android SDK
- When I drag a "Plain Text" field over to my WYSIWYG editor in Eclipse for Android 4.1 I get a Java crash - How do I fix this?
- How to enable compile-time aspectj weaving for Eclipse embedded Tomcat
- How to bundle a native library (.so + .jar) for reuse in new Eclipse Android projects?
- Android -- how does one filter console spam from Eclipse LogCat?
- how do I write to console from android using eclipse
- How to enable remote debugging for an Eclipse Application?
- How can I output execution display to console in Eclipse for remote C++?
More Query from same tag
- How to set a mouse Listener that it cannot be clicked in another table?
- How do you view/list projects within a workspace within Eclipse?
- Importing ZXing project in Eclipse
- Button not saving state onResume
- How to add rxtxSerial in java.library.path?
- Eclipse runs out of heap space on ant build
- javax.ejb.NoSuchEJBException: EJBCLIENT000079 with JBoss 7.1 and Eclipse
- Setting default Python grammar version in Eclipse PyDev
- How do I connect to Hive on EMR through Eclipse?
- Maven needs to run everytime after a file changes
- how to run my eclipse J2E project using IP address instead of localhost
- How to safely use git at the 'workspace' level with branches and .metadata?
- Adding files to a mercurial controlled repository
- How can i replace type_orientation (is deprecated) for android 4.0.3?
- Method returning bufferdimage for blackjack program
- Importing jar files in zip format
- Egit repository not found installing from Android Developer Bundle
- Android Emulator on Eclipse Not Working
- How to create working menus
- SWT Tree Item Height
- Is needing to refresh the Project Explorer Pane in Eclipse when the file structure changes a bug or a feature?
- Unable to connect to SQL Server via JDBC. No suitable driver found for jdbc:sqlserver://
- Eclipse c++ build error. Permission deinied
- My breakpoints won't work with Eclipse Mars 2
- Eclipse view filtered results
- Vertical white line on eclipse
- JDBC connection to SQL Server: login failed for user x
- log4j writes blank lines in console
- How to deploy to Tomcat a multi maven module from Eclipse IDE?
- Android API 22 loading error