you can use my plug-in to create tests easily:
- highlight the method
- press ctrl+alt+shift+u
- it will create the unit test for it.
the plug-in is available here. hope this helps.
any unit test you could create by just pressing a button would not be worth anything. how is the tool to know what parameters to pass your method and what to expect back? unless i'm misunderstanding your expectations.
close to that is something like fitnesse, where you can set up tests, then separately you set up a wiki page with your test data, and it runs the tests with that data, publishing the results as red/greens.
if you would be happy to make test writing much faster, i would suggest mockito, a mocking framework that lets you very easily mock the classes around the one you're testing, so there's less setup/teardown, and you know you're really testing that one class instead of a dependent of it.
check out this discussion
[how to automatically generate junits?]
if you are starting new and its a java application then spring roo looks very interesting too!
hope that helps.
to create a test case template:
"new" -> "junit test case" -> select "class under test" -> select "available methods". i think the wizard is quite easy for you.
- How to create unit tests easily in eclipse
- How to run a selected set of unit tests in Eclipse with one mouseclick?
- How to add unit tests in Eclipse for a managed ARM C project?
- How to create a project from existing source in Eclipse and then find it?
- How to simultaneously run all JUnit tests for a Eclipse Java project without Maven?
- How can Eclipse create a class with unresolved compilation problems?
- How can I create stub Junit tests in Eclipse?
- Eclipse and EGit: How to easily review changes to ALL modified files before committing to *local* repository
- How to create the pom.xml for a Java project with Eclipse
- How to create a child package inside a package in eclipse project explorer
- How can I create a custom Eclipse Syntax Highlighter
- How do I create a runnable JAR in IntelliJ as I would in Eclipse
- How to create an Intellij and Eclipse compatible code style and code formatting configuration (for java code)?
- How do I configure Eclipse to run your tests automatically?
- how to debug maven surefire test more easily (using eclipse as debug server)
- How to Debug JUnit tests similar to a regular Java program within Eclipse
- How to Create Flowchart from java source code in Eclipse
- How do I create a remote git repository in EGit and link it to an existing Eclipse project?
- How to create Jar file from Maven project in eclipse
- How to use sbt-eclipse to create Eclipse project files of a project?
- ClassNotFoundException when running JUnit unit tests within Eclipse (using Maven)
- How to create an war file in Eclipse without ant or maven?
- how to create jar file using eclipse
- How to get unit test coverage results in Eclipse + Pydev?
- How to create a generic list with Eclipse EMF?
- How to easily Git commit in Eclipse Neon
- Debugging unit tests run on cmd line using Eclipse
- How to disable android studio unit tests (androidTest)
- how to create an eclipse workspace with command line without actually launching eclipse?
- How to launch unit tests under EclEmma without using the VisualVM launcher with that launcher installed
More Query from same tag
- How do I know which Eclipse M2E connectors I have installed?
- Permalink to latest Eclipse 4.2 version
- Generate Java Classes from .xsd schema in eclipse
- How to distinguish a user-defined class and API class using Eclipse JDT ITypeBinding
- Runtime Exception when a location is declared- Android
- Why eclipse impose restriction on BASE64Encoder?
- eclipse + FindBugs: possible to trigger on SVN synchronize?
- Use packages from plain old Java project in eclipse plugin project
- Egit removed my project from workspace
- Hadoop map task failed
- My maven Java project in Eclipse doesn't generate jar file
- Android Consumer IR Manager Must be one of:
- Android Eclipse can't see library's class
- Debugging libcore String.java file in Android using Eclipse
- How can I tell where a snapshot version is being specified for a particular artifact?
- Android Device Disappearing
- Eclipse Error: Unable to instantiate activity
- Android Crash - how to debug this?
- Hadoop & eclipse are on different machines
- PHP debugging in Eclipse
- Java DSL for describing UI?
- Eclipse cannot find java file generated via jsp on the work folder
- How to combine mvn clean and mvn install into a single task?
- Eclipse exclude php files from validation but not build
- Eclipse wiping my .classpath
- SpringSource Tool Suite (STS) install into existing Eclipse install via the update site not working
- How to use acm.jar in eclipse?
- Error while running jdbc
- java.lang.ClassNotFoundException - Eclipse with OpenCV
- Python VM arguments